If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

The weird dream thread

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited Oct 2011 in The Pub
I've had tons of dreams that are so bizarre I can't possibly begin to explain them. But last night, I had a REALLY freaking weird dream, and since I remember it clearly, I'll share the experience.

I dreamt that I was hosting Motley Crue's website. They had a coloc server at the datacenter, in my rack, and I was there setting it up with Vince Neil (you know, Vince Neil from Motley Crue!). And then he was pissed because I had a big zit on my cheek. Then he offered to pop it. So he popped the zit on my cheek so that we could continue hosting Motley Crue's webserver... :wtf:

What the hell is wrong with me?

attachment.php?attachmentid=8643&d=1085374148p
Cliff_Forster

Comments

• RADARADA Apple Valley, CA
    edited May 2004
    OK, That's weirder than the pic of the cow/dog/human thingy*RADA shudders

Prime I think the last two weeks messed you up! :eek2: Too much partying, lack of sleep or something.

BTW - WHERE'd YOU GET THAT PICTURE! *more shuddering Mommy, make the bad man stop posting scary glam-rock pictures!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2004
    I dunno, When I saw that pic the word 'mantouch' popped into my head. Are you trying to tell us something prime? something you need to get of your chest?
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    mondi caressing your cheek @ night????

/me runs f.a.s.t
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Definitely mantouch material.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    :rolleyes: post your dreams!

It's a pic of vince neil! images.google.com + "motley crue" == picture... ;D
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2004
    RADA wrote:
    OK, That's weirder than the pic of the cow/dog/human thingy*RADA shudders

Prime I think the last two weeks messed you up! :eek2: Too much partying, lack of sleep or something.

BTW - WHERE'd YOU GET THAT PICTURE! *more shuddering Mommy, make the bad man stop posting scary glam-rock pictures!

Lol Lol

i, for one, have no problem with that picture ;)

LIN
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    bothered wrote:
    I dunno, When I saw that pic the word 'mantouch' popped into my head. Are you trying to tell us something prime? something you need to get of your chest?

pfffft.... sounds more like he's trying to get something on his chest.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited May 2004
    I had a wierd dream last night.... it was REAL Wierd. For some reason it started out with me being in Baghdad. I was running trying to find my mother. i couldnt find her anywhere. i didnt want her to be killed. so i kept looking for her. this really cute girl from baghdad was trying to help me find her too. wich is extremely odd cause there arnt that many good looking girls in Iraq. We were running around the whole city trying to find her. Then this one kid said he seen here up on top if this giant hill living alone in this house. i was like "Wtf?" so to get up on to that hill and start climbing up we had to jump across this little canyon. but that canyon was HUGE! i told her "You go first" she did. she jumped and slipped and fell but was holding on by a small grip, so i hurried and jumped across then started to pull her up, she almost slipped out of my grip, but i managed to pull her up. She was crying. i hugged her and said "Dont cry, im here" and i pulled her closer to my chest. oh man.... thats when the dream ended...

that is like the most romantic dream ive ever had.. even tho it doesnt seem like it... and now i feel like a sissy for telling you guys... stupid dreams....
    edited May 2004
    Dude, you have an epic dream about being chivalrous and holding on to a beautiful woman over a war-torn landscape... I have a dream about a washed-up glam rocker from the 80s popping zits on my face... And YOU feel like a sissy? Your dream is positively MANLY compared to mine! ;D
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited May 2004
    hmm.... well... yeah your right.

;D
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    wow, Brian you need to get some more rest bud. I had a weird dream one night that I had to show a new girl around the school house, and well she was hot. So I showed her everything and then....well...I got "lucky" so that was pretty cool. But it was weird because she was hot, never knew I could get a really hot girl, haha
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    -tk wrote:
    pfffft.... sounds more like he's trying to get something on his chest.

stomach pancake?
    edited May 2004
    so wrong on so many levels.....
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    OMFG! stomach pancake! so wrong yet so funny! I wont even go into my wierd dreams which normally inclue 2 of the folowing Briney spears salma Hyak Catherine zeta jones shania twain or Kristen kirk Plus my bed
    edited May 2004
    OMFG! stomach pancake! so wrong yet so funny! I wont even go into my wierd dreams which normally inclue 2 of the folowing Briney spears salma Hyak Catherine zeta jones shania twain or Kristen kirk Plus my bed

And then stomach pancakes??

Sorry about that ;)
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I don't have a specific dream that's weird, rather how I dream that's weird.

Some people dream in colour, some people dream in black and white, some people are lucid dreamers.

However I am none of these. Here is the closest approximation I can give:

When you read a book, you hear your own voice in your head. You don't necessarily always consciously imagine whatever is being described, however the words you're reading lend an "Understanding" of whatever it is. You understand that it's a castle with a moat and high towers and dark brown bricks, but maybe you didn't sit there and imagine all that out.

This is how I dream. I hear my own voice telling stories at an extremely fast pace. I <i>understand</i> what's going on, but I never have pictures to associate with it.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited May 2004
    i had a weird dream the other night. we were up north (the main attraction in wisconsin) in a cabin that had a door, but no walls, and was actually very nice. so then this albino/snowy-white/gray bigfoot runs up and tries to maim us all, but it runs away and this happens two or three times. finally, when he comes in next, i get the idea maybe we can scare him, so i took the stereo, dunno what was playing if anything, and suddenly blasted the volume...lol he hit the deck and then we all ran over with knives and bats and killed him. then i had another dream about plants taking over the world and growing really fast ... damn time-lapse photography biology videos
    edited May 2004
    wow thrax that's awesome :) might kinda suck to never see anything really, but still would be very cool. i myself, when i do dream, am a lucid dreamer ... which if i remember means i can control myself and/or anything else in my dreams
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited May 2004
    Dude, you have an epic dream about being chivalrous and holding on to a beautiful woman over a war-torn landscape... I have a dream about a washed-up glam rocker from the 80s popping zits on my face... And YOU feel like a sissy? Your dream is positively MANLY compared to mine! ;D

Dunno why, but that really made me laugh, hehe... nice one :D

Dreams? The most common recurring - water, always water, big ocean, lakes, rivers, and usually being consumed by it. WTF's that all about then?

Oh, and babes :D
    edited May 2004
    I dream in cinematic full color with dolby 5.1 surround. My dreams are like watching movies on a bright, big screen. It's weird. They are almost too colorful and loud.

Oh, and I can smell in my dreams.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    I am usually too tired to dream. At least the past 2 years of HS.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I dream, wake up and less than a minute later, I forgot what I deamt about. So other than big boobed naked ladies on a beach and wierd posistions, I have no idea what I dream about :crazy:
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2004
    There must be major subliminal stuff going on in this game.

I have NEVER dreampt of being in the military until teh 1 night I played that game.

The night after playing that game I had the most clear dream that I had joined the Army and was headed off to boot camp.

Anyone else have similar experiences after playing that game?

Wierd stuff
    edited May 2004
    No, but I HAVE had Final Fantasy XI dreams... :eek3:
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2004
    they say everyone dreams, but i'll be danged if i can remember them.

I dream, wake up and less than a minute later, I forgot what I deamt about. So other than big boobed naked ladies on a beach and wierd posistions, I have no idea what I dream about :crazy:
    hehehe

LIN
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited May 2004
    When I dream and try to remember things in the past (swiming, camping, whatever), I do so in 3rd person. If Im dreaming and in a scary situation, I am in 3rd person, but its not as if I am watching someone else. I still "control" or feel I am in that situation in real time, just viewing from above, instead of my eyes.
    Anyone else like this?
    edited May 2004
    I generally have bloody, bloody dreams. Generally I never wake up still alive, usually dead. Its been getting better lately though. I never dream of babes either, very rarely, and even then, they are usually dead, or dying, and I STILL don't get any. Whats it take to get some imaginary ass around here?
    edited May 2004
    :eek3:

mental note: next time you hang out with pseudonym, watch the eyes.....
    edited May 2004
    :eek3:

mental note: next time you hang out with pseudonym, watch the eyes.....

Urge to kill rising, rising, RISING, falling, RISING!! :eek3:
    edited May 2004
    fudgam, that's almost exactly how i dream, when i do dream.