If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

post your desk

Comments

• lunchb0xlunchb0x Lansing, MI New
    edited Dec 2009
    My job involves a lot of crazy. Ardi can vouch for that
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited Dec 2009
    lol @ the "Is this good for the company?" banner. Well done.
    edited Dec 2009
    There was postits over "this" that said "Your mom", but alas, they were lost in the move
  • ardichokeardichoke Buttes Master B Lansing, MI Icrontian
    edited Dec 2009
    I thought they were lost when the news crew came through the data center? Also yes, our job does involve a lot of crazy... and dumb users.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Dec 2009
    All I have to say is: UNF NAGIOS.
    edited Dec 2009
    I like the Star Trek, Fallout, and HL paraphernalia as well. Crowbar on the wall - perfect.
    edited Dec 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    I like the Star Trek, Fallout, and HL paraphernalia as well. Crowbar on the wall - perfect.
    What you don't see is that the crowbar is labeled "fsck -fy"
    edited Dec 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    What you don't see is that the crowbar is labeled "fsck -fy"

I was gonna put the -v flag on it but as one of the sysres guys mentioned, you can only get so verbose with a crowbar.

Also, the postits were "found" shortly after the news crews left
    edited Dec 2009
    I like you two.
    edited Dec 2009
    I still need to purchase a FUBAR and mount it behind class on my desk.
    edited Feb 2010
    Where the magic happens V2.0: Electric Boogalo

My desk, in my office in my house. (It feels so strange to say MY house and actually mean it).
    img_1546.jpg 383.9K
    edited Apr 2010
    The newly constructed with my own two hands and the sweat of my brow desk. Because somewhere, deep down inside, I knew that no prefab desk would ever satisfy me. I felt a strange sense of accomplishment when I finished constructing this and started setting up my electronics on it. This feeling quadrupled when I placed my level on it and found it to be level in all directions.
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited Apr 2010
    pict0004t.th.jpg
    pict0005ek.th.jpg
    Don't have any better pictures, but my keyboard (Logitech G15) is on a tray where my chair is.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    Ardichoke- desk looks awesome! Need more light to get a better picture of the materials you used! :)
    edited Apr 2010
    I think it's more that I need a better camera. My Nexus One may be 5MP, but my 4.1MP Canon point and shoot seems to take better pictures. Just need to find the damn thing.... and replenish my supply of batteries.

As for material, I just used some cheap pine I picked up at Home Depot. Took the time to stain it and apply a few coats of polyurethane though.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    90080401-b4a8236512d873f7876d5c8f6736a5d1.4bd0eb2e-scaled.jpg

Is my desk. I moved it into a room in the back of the house because I got tired of people coming in and staring over my shoulder and thetraffic outside the hallway of the study tended to me quite noisy.

On the left, you can see various anime plushies. On the right is a small guitar, a statue of Ezio Auditore, a Red Dragon figure, and (covered in the shadow of the shelf) Tool's 10,000 Days. Also visible is my Razer Lachesis, part of my Logitech G15, the box for Poekmon SoulSilver, a SLD report card, and a prom ticket. The best part is visible on the bottom left, my computer with a Razer sticker and Fallout 3 on it.
    edited Jul 2011
    Time for a thread revival. Due to the fact that I'm a horrible malcontent, I've moved departments a couple times at work... which means I've also moved desks. The latest iteration of my work desk:
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited Jul 2011
    I actually freaking love these types of threads.
    picture.php?albumid=67&pictureid=348
    Lets see, I see Birds of Fire by Mahavisnhu Orchestra, Fluttershy, A glasses case, a Rush Wallet, A badass Phantom Case that I got from Icrontic, and King Crimson on the screen. What a party!
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja I don't know how to not Icrontian
    edited Aug 2011
    IsUDy.jpg

It get's the job done.
  • edited Sep 2011
    Here is mine

I really need a new desk.
    deskFMn34.jpg 348.3K
    Time for a thread revival. Turns out I have much more workable space on my desk than I thought... all I had to do was clear off the clutter and move my tower back below the desk. Go figure.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I LOVE that desk. Classy.
    Thanks. I think it came out pretty good for around $50 worth of supplies and 2 days work. Only thing I plan to change is I want to round the edges down and put a better coat of polyurethane on it. Cleaning it off was the first step toward doing that.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    That reminds me, I've been meaning to frame my degree.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    edited Mar 2012
    As soon as I get a desk I'll post it :b

Right now I'm just kinda using my bed O:
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Here's my half of our office right now. The wife keeps it clean when I'm not there to junk it up, lol! Unfortunately, I won't see it again until I'm in back in Boston...boo!
    Photobucket
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja I don't know how to not Icrontian
    I loves me some Ikea.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    You know it! Fairly cheap and decent, hell yeah! I swear 99% of our house is IKEA. Well, all but the dining table, couch and coffee table.