If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

eBay Username Changing?

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited Nov 2006 in The Pub
Hey guys its pilotwings... As you can see, I'm trying to change all my usernames over. Now I'm trying to change my eBay account. I definitely don't want to lose all my feedback. I went to My Account, Personal Information, and found where it says Edit next to User ID. I found where I can change it very easily, but it doesn't say anywhere if it will keep your feedback for sure. Does anybody know for sure, or has anybody done this? Thanks

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited Nov 2006
    I doubt you can. You'd probably have to open a new account with the new name. That might bite you in the rear end. If I were contacting a seller or buyer on eBay concerning a for-sale item, and the other party told me that he previously was xyz with qrs number of evaluations, I'd be scratching my head and looking for someone with a solid, consistent history. I can understand a name change for a place like Short-Media. We are a community and the persona means something. eBay is huge and impersonal. The user name there is meaningless.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited Nov 2006
    Hmm okay. I might just have to keep that one then.
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited Nov 2006
    Yes, and you will keep your feedback.

For more information: http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/changing-user-id.html
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited Nov 2006
    Changing your username on ebay just gives you the shades icon for a month or so, but your history remains intact.
    edited Nov 2006
    Oh cool I think I'll try it then!

Awesome it worked!! Thanks :cool:
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited Nov 2006
    sfleuriet wrote:
    Oh cool I think I'll try it then!

hey see this thread you started: http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52232&highlight=change

i changed my ebay name from isiea268 to isiea already. Thx. :) IT WORKED FOR ME! :) lol
    edited Nov 2006
    Wow that thread looks like a Mini Delete Me
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Nov 2006
    Change your name back.
  • edited Nov 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Change your name back.

bikerboy
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Nov 2006
    sfleuriet wrote:
    Wow that thread looks like a Mini Delete Me
    Who's this guy? SPAMMER?

j/k Pilotwing!!! :D
    edited Nov 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Who's this guy? SPAMMER?

j/k Pilotwing!!! :D

you almost got me there.....with the small text at the bottom almost didn't see it.....[strike]just glad i didn't flame[/strike]
    edited Nov 2006
    Changing your username on ebay just gives you the shades icon for a month or so, but your history remains intact.
    Well then, I stand (or sit) corrected. Still though, with my general caution when dealing with nearly anyone at eBay, an eBay member with account history under two names would make me want to find another member without the 'baggage.'
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan New
    edited Nov 2006
    Change you name back. now.
    edited Nov 2006
    No.
    edited Nov 2006
    Yes.

Don't change the names, MAN LAW!
    edited Nov 2006
    man%20law.jpg

Yes. Man Law.
    edited Nov 2006
    Nightwolf wrote:
    Change you name back. now.

Nah. :canflag:
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited Nov 2006
    dude pilotwings... change your name back... what the heck?

Remember when prime tried to change his? to just "Prime" it didnt work out... you just gotta keep your same name man.. its the law around here!! lolz... besides.. i dont think i can get used to your sjflureitjakdfjdk whatever it is.. it just doesnt fit... Pilotwings was better! it was original, it was YOU
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Nov 2006
    Change your name back.
    edited Nov 2006
    Change it back now.

BTW Thrax- what does your location say, I tried to use a translator but it didn't word...all I got was "They conductress procrustean travailed him mating noncontroversial joins chance of 75 % of sfleuriet. Commander sans bisque. <-wolfishness's mfg."
    edited Nov 2006
    It's a hideous butchering of the French language according to altavista, it's supposed to (But doesn't) translate into:

"Drivers headed to work in the morning will have a 75% chance of <b>sfleuriet</b>." And goes on to suggest caution in the morning commute.

Basically speaking, <b>sfleuriet</b> sounds like some French snow storm.
    edited Nov 2006
    i have to wonder, ok you all want his name changed back, however, let me ask you this, why did you allow it to be changed from pilotwings to what it is now?

i mean all i'm wondering is why you changed it from pilotwings in the firstplace....
    edited Nov 2006
    I blame General Keebler.
    edited Nov 2006
    Panties wrote:
    I blame General Keebler.

whoa, hold the brakes for a minute there, no blaming anyone, just because keebler made the name change as he did me doesn't make keebs accountable.

the fact that a name change happened is one thing that cannot be undone. we must now look at the reason why pilotwings changed his name in the first place and we all here who want it changed back come up with a consensus and decide if it was reasonable or not.

i mean pilotwings changed his name for a reason, and we can't all be begging for it to be changed back either the way it is now. once we know why it was changed in the first place, we either accept it and KEEP IT SO or change it back....that should be the end of that.

cheers

-isi
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited Nov 2006
    Hmm this had Me confused Thrax is now Panties and has a very nice Avvy:eek3:
    edited Nov 2006
    He'll change it back.

I blame General Keebler.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited Nov 2006
    My concensus is strongly in favor of changing Pilotwings' name back to Pilotwings.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited Nov 2006
    Panties wrote:
    He'll change it back.

I blame General Keebler.
    I cannot wait for your next excellent article for SM, who is going to read an article BY Panties TM :honoes:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Member
    edited Nov 2006
    I personally like the new you thrax, you are finally letting your inner self be revealed.
    edited Nov 2006
    who is going to read an article BY Panties TM
    Oh, probably about 100,000 people. Well, they'd read probably the first paragraph, realize this isn't the type of site they were looking, and then move on.