If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic. Web Garage (Post pics of your ride here)

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited Sep 2008 in The Pub
I'm a Mopar fan myself, and I love the classics... but I had to get rid
of my project cars in favor of a "reliable" daily driver. :(

I currently drive a '99 Ford ZX2 with 79K on the clock (had 6500 miles
when I bought it - mileage update as of 06/21/2006).
2.0L 130HP, auto, cruise, pw, pdl

//edit: Well, I put the note about "reliable" in quotation marks when I originally posted after first purchasing the car. I'm pleased to note that after putting nearly 50K on the car myself, it's only been in the shop twice - once to repair the damage that the car's radiator had when I bought it, and once to replace the engine mounts. It's been quite reliable for me the entire time. I'm ready for a new car though, hopefully something more comfortable... that'll have to wait until I get a job though!

//edit2: (02-28-2006) I still have this car. It's still been quite reliable for me, not a single breakdown (knock on wood). It's still a girly car, and ugly at that, but it gets me where I need to go. Even though I have a decent job by now, I'm bogged down in home improvement projects (I mean my wallet is) so I'm going to be living with this car for a little while longer. ;)

//edit3: I have a history of my vehicles, with photos of some prior cars right here.

Photos:

cornersm.jpg
enginesm.jpg

Comments

• fuxorfuxor i live in a giant bucket
    edited Jun 2003
    i'll post pics of my ride when I'm finished with the stereo... which should be very soon
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains
    edited Jun 2003
    lol my freakin boss backed into my truck with his box truck... in his driveway
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited Jun 2003
    CC03_DN5H74_2TG_PGW_APA_XXX_XXX.jpg

Dodge Durango SLT 4x4

Looks like that but with the grill the same color, and it's a '98 w/ 60k miles, 12" Sub, Sony Xplodes, Good Year Wrangler A/T

Has the 318 ci 4.7liter V8, and all the SLT goodies, minus leather and overhead console
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited Jun 2003
    Rot Katze said
    Has the 318 ci 4.7liter V8, and all the SLT goodies, minus leather and overhead console

The Durango is a nice truck. I'm looking forward to the new Durango with the 5.7L Hemi option.

BTW, the 318ci is the 5.2L engine, dates back to the late sixties in design. The 4.7L is a completely new design dating back to '97 or so (first used in the Jeep Grand Cherokee).
    edited Jun 2003
    ah..well I'm not quite sure what the displacment is then...I thought it was built off it..hmm...have to look..
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited Jun 2003
    The 4.7L V8 is 247ci. Despite the lower displacement, due to the many technological advantages it has over the 5.2L, it has greater power output.
    edited Jun 2003
    thanks for clearing that up

all I know is it moves out pretty well, and has tons of power, on and off road

Hemi Durango looks realllllly nice though
  • edited Jun 2003
    This is my ride, a 97 Nissan 240SX SE. Great handling car and decent power for a 4 cylinder normally aspirated motor.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited Jun 2003
    1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS with AutoBahn Package

3.5 L V6-DOHC "ShortStar" Engine (the V6 version of Cadillac's V8 32-valve "NorthStar" engine)
    215 HP delivered @ 5600 RPM
    234 ft/lb torque @ 4400 RPM
    4-Speed Automatic Transmission
    4-Wheel Heavy-Duty Disc Brakes with ABS & Precision Control System
    6-Spoke Chrome Polished Magnesium Rims with 225/60R-16 GoodYear Eagle LS Tires
    Leather Interior
    Power Everything
    Blue Xenon HID Head Lamps & Fog Lamps
    45,000 KM's (28,000 miles)
    Stock Audio System (upgrades coming, just need a few more pay cheques...) :D

Great for that long haul to the cottage on the weekend or the 45 minute drive to work each and every day. Great on gas (22 mpg City & 35 mpg Highway) and well insulated with enough power at the pedal to show those riced-out Civic's who's the boss. :)

Pure pleasure to drive.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited Jun 2003
    not my car but almost the same exact thing...i have my windows tinted

fc
  • wb22ruleswb22rules Central Va.
    edited Jun 2003
    Not mine (wish it were) but my buddy Mikes 23 T bucket .
    The wheelie bars arent just for looks ;)

aggravation1.jpg

aggravation2.jpg

Oh yea , I drive a 11 yr old pickup :rolleyes:
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited Jun 2003
    Here's mine
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited Jun 2003
    MM is member of the gas guzzling Durango SLT club too.

*slurp*

watch the size of those pics...yer squeezing my forums all out of shape. lol.
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited Jun 2003
    Here's mine,
    1990 Volvo 240DL stock w/ PL, PW, power antenna, and heated seats
    Bosch LH2.4 fuel injection
    2 channel AM/FM cass deck (16 watts total) with 4 stock speakers. Only fronts are used. Need an accessory amp to power the 2 rears.
    2.3L I4 red block, OHC, 114HP@5400RPM, 136ft/lb@2700RPM
    Stock exhaust - 1 cat, 2 mufflers
    AW70 4 speed auto w/ overdrive
    Virgo turbo alloys with P185/65R15 Dunlop D60 A2 (should be P195/60R15, the dealer installed the P185's when was bought used)
    Front and rear foglights
    Curb weight: 2934-3009lbs
    GVW: 4030lbs
    136,xxxKM - long way to 1,000,000miles
    Oh, it's RWD:D and I really need to take some new pics with my digital camera. This one is taken with my SLR.

//edit: added a few extra things
    0207.jpg 369.6K
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited Jun 2003
    Info:
    1986 Mercedes-Benz 560SEL, U.S./CA spec
    ~125,500 miles
    5.6L/~348ci V8
    238hp @ 4800rpm
    287ft/lb @ 3500rpm
    6000rpm maximum engine speed
    4 speed auto
    Independent F&R suspension w/hydropneumatic self-leveling rear end
    10.9/11" F/R ABS Disc brakes
    Weight: 4125lbs
    0-60MPH: Factory rated @ 7.2s
    155MPH Top speed, electronically limited

Stuff:
    Regardless of what Mercedes claimed the 0-60mph time was, it's faster than any of the 4.6l Mustang GTs (and probably the 5.0L as well). It's dead slow until it hits ~3000rpms, which is expected given it's high torque peak. For a car of it's size and age, it handles extraordinarily well. The 560SEL was the top of the line Mercedes sedan from 1985-1992, and as such, it had every concievable option at the time, including heated power front and rear seats, a sunroof, a "high quality" (by 1986 standards anyhow) 4-speaker audio system, and the self-leveling rear end.
  • dNA3DdNA3D Brunei
    edited Jun 2003
    Late 1996 E38 BMW 740iL - exterior upgrade to 1999 model year
    M60 3988cc V8 Engine
    ~282HP
    ~295lb-ft Torque
    ~5 speed Auto
    ~Xenon Headlights
    ~0-60, factory time 7.2 seconds
    ~155 MPH top speed Electronically Limited

305618_8_full.jpg

Waiting for the Euro to come down and the E65 745Li to get its facelift later this year. Our 745i here is about 5K more expensive than the 760Li in the USA. :wow:

EDIT: Oh, not my car... I can't drive yet (well I can but wouldn't want to get caught).
  • GargoyleGargoyle Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Illinois Icrontian
    edited Jun 2003
    muddocktor said
    This is my ride, a 97 Nissan 240SX SE. Great handling car and decent power for a 4 cylinder normally aspirated motor.

Color me jealoos. I am having a hell of a time trying to find new body style 240's in the area. I've pretty much given up and I'm trying to find a decent Celica or Supra.

I'm still debating weather or not to post a pic of my 1990 Toyota Camry. I think I will a little later. It'll be nice for some laughs ;D
    edited Jun 2003
    Gargoyle, I take it you're into Japanese sports cars then?

If so, my choices would be the "true" sports cars:
    RX-7
    Supra
    3000 GT
    300ZX
    Skyline (not available here :()
    240Z (260/280s were too fat)

U could also try to find a Dodge stealth, since they're just rebadged 3000GTs... I'd also recommend getting the Turbo versions of the RX7, 300ZX, 3000GT, and Supras... the NA models weren't all that fast, altho they're a lot cheaper... But still, if you're gonna get a GT (cause that's what the last 3000s/300ZXs/Supras/RX7s were) it might as well be fast- I mean what's the point of having one when a 4300lb, 16-year old Mercedes sedan is cheaper (to buy anyhow) and will kick it's @ss 0-60, 1/4, and top speed?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited Jun 2003
    Not my real ride. My dream ride.
  • dNA3DdNA3D Brunei
    edited Jun 2003
    Celcho.... post the pics of your garage. :D You got a couple of very nice cars.
    edited Jun 2003
    Here's another pic, this is of (left to right) my grandparent's 1997 Anniversary Edition Mercedes SL500, their 2003 S600, and my '86 560SEL that I posted before... I'll try to find some more detailed pix of the other 2, but I don't think I have any of the exterior... I'll take some one of these days...

Info:
    1997 SL500
    40th Anniversary Edition, 1 of 400 made, 1 of 200 in the U.S.
    Special paint & interior colors, special wheels

Other than that, it's a stock '97 SL500:
    <UL>
    <LI>5.0L 315HP V8
    <LI>5 speed auto
    <LI>0-60MPH in 6.6s
    <LI>155mph top speed, electronically limited
    <LI>~4000lbs
    <LI>Power soft top, removeable hard top
    <LI>Heated seats, Bose audio, etc.
    The car is a blast to drive, btw...

2003 S600 (I know a bit more about the Ss than I do the SLs)
    <LI>5.8L V12, 362HP, ~400ft/lbs of torque, runs on 6cyl most of the time, with the other 6 being enabled if you need all 362HP; the computer is constantly altering which cylinders are "off" and which are "on"
    <LI>5 speed auto w/ "touchshift" manumatic mode
    <LI>Hydropneumatic, active self-leveling suspension front & rear. Not only does the suspension adjust for varying loads (passengers, cargo, etc.) but because it's what's known as an "active" suspension, it constantly corrects for acceleration, deceleration, and lateral acceleration to keep the car virtually dead flat in all but the most extreme circumstances.
    <LI>AMG Sport package, incl. body kit, sport exhaust, and 18" AMG Monoblock alloys w/low-profile high-performance tires
    <LI>Heated, cooled power seats front & rear w/massage function
    <LI>4-zone climate control (front l&r, rear l&r)
    <LI>COMAND system w/GPS, hands-free phone, radio, 6 cd changer
    <LI>Bose audio
    <LI>Parktronic sonar parking assistance (indicates distance to the car in front of you/behind you)
    <LI> ~4000-4500lbs, can't remember exactly

Performance:
    <LI>0-60MPH in 5.4s (C&D, R&T)
    w/o the limiter, the top speed is in the neighborhood of 170mph :wow:
    <LI>1/4 mile runs in the mid-13s @ ~90-100mph

Essentially the car will knock a Ferrari F355 senseless... and it weighs 2 tons+, can carry 5 people and their luggage, and is perfectly happy cruising @ 130mph all day...

//EDIT: Forgot to mention... the key (which is IR btw... there is no metal key) has a button to open the trunk... big whoop right? You misunderstand- you press and hold the button, and the trunk opens completely by itself. You then press a button in the trunk to close it...
    I also forgot to mention the doors, which wil close and latch themselves if you shut them to the point where you hear the latch click but not engage...
    edited Jun 2003
    well I did find a pic of the engine, which is practically a piece of art in and of itself...
  • Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited Jun 2003
    1950 Chevy Pickup

The mighty engine sittin in there puts out a nice 750HP + 150 shot of N.O.S. is correct I believe.

The engine used to be in a 9.xx second Corvette.... :respect:

It jerks your head right back just goin easy on the gas... There's no way you could do full throttle...

:wow:
    edited Jun 2003
    schweet... now u just need to strap it into a stripped cavalier w/a reinforced 6-speed manual out of a z06... 2000lbs, 900hp... sounds about right to me... :D
  • dNA3DdNA3D Brunei
    edited Jun 2003
    Geeky... that's a pre-2003 S600 which tops at around 170MPH but is geared for over 190MPH. The 735Li my dad almost bought had those two features too... unfortunately we didn't buy it :(. Also featured were Active Ventilated Seats, 4-way air conditioning, Dynamic Drive etc. Oh well, BMW's facelifting the 7-series pretty soon anyway. Guess we ought to hold off a few months.

:cool:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited Jun 2003
    My father just got the new 745Li. Style-wise, it is one fugly car. As for comfort and handling, this might be BMW's best 7 series ever. Those 11" wide rear tires mated to 19" rims are the equivalent of Krazy Gluing the car to the road. The brakes never fade, and they take some getting used to because they GRAB.

The iDrive, as it's called, takes some getting used to- I accidentally started the navigation voiceover the other day- but I'm getting the hang of it each time I drive the car. Having the voice operated commands really helps, and the GPS navigation is light years better than in previous iterations.

Overall, this car gets a -4 on style, 6 on controls (although that number goes up as I learn how to master the iDrive), and 11 on handling. BMW handling never disappoints.
    edited Jun 2003
    TD, I agree with you, the new 7 is absolutely hideous, and the upcoming 5 is worse. The i-drive is very poorly designed IMO, but in terms of pure performance, it's a very good car...

DNA, I need to check my sources then I guess... :D I'll change that to 170... I the twin-turbo ones tho should be good for 190+, depending on gearing... speaking of which, my grandfather ordered an SL600 the other day... one of the new, twin-turbo ones that is... :D
    edited Jun 2003
    Damn it, all those Benz's makes me want to get one in addition to the Volvos I want to get along with the one I currently have.
    5.8L V12, 362HP, ~400ft/lbs of torque, runs on 6cyl most of the time, with the other 6 being enabled if you need all 362HP; the computer is constantly altering which cylinders are "off" and which are "on"
    Looks like a variation of GM's displacement-on-demand but a version that actually works :eek:.

Hmm...this ad is so true.
    edited Jun 2003
    HOLY CRAP GEEKY1!!!!! Your grandfather is getting another Benz! You'll be one lucky guy when you inherit all of them. A fleet of high performance Benzs in your driveway.
    edited Jun 2003
    LOL, hopefully anyhow... I still have to share with my brother and sister... As long as I get the S600 and the SL600, they can fight over the range rover... :D