If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Introduce yourself!

LincLinc Community InstigatorDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited Dec 2011 in The Icrontic Pub
This is a place for new forum members to say hello, so make 'em feel welcome when they do :)

Comments

• edited Jan 2009
    I just found this awesome site. I used to work in Tech. Support for 5 years for a payroll company. I can see that things have changed incredibly. Thank you for having this great site!

Dare_Davey
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen Giggles Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome to Icrontic, Dare Davey! :D
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Hey, Davey, welcome to Icrontic. :)
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Hey hey! :wave:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Hey... welcome to the family. Beverages on the second shelf in the fridge, chips in the cabinet... oh and we're out of ice at the moment. :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome to our humble home :)
  • edited Jan 2009
    You guys rock!
    I'm multi-tasking and I wish I got paid by the vowels...

Happy Friday!!!! :cool2:
  • edited Jan 2009
    Hey guys, I picked up on a post about the e5200 and thought I'd come here to tell everyone about myself.

I'm a 27 year old programmer and repair technician. I work for myself. I have a wife and 7 year old son. I started with computers in 1996. I got real big into security and taught myself networking and Unix at that time. In 1999 I wrote a script to parse Snort IPS logs and translate them to firewall entries. Capn Crunch's company got wind of my idea and hired me on to develop it into an enterprise app based on it. They screwed me so I got into pen-testing. When Kevin Mitnick was released from prison he heard about me from Capn Crunch while they were doing a thing on the discovery channel. He hired me on at Defensive Thinking when he got off parole restrictions. I pentested there with him for a short time. I designed a new Snort based IPS engine shortly thereafter and it got picked up by another company who tied to market it to the DoD. That fell through and I've been coding PHP/MySQL UIs ever since. I recently took overclocking up as a hobby having started my performance tweaking love by recompiling linux trees with gcc tweaks for individual processors. I love Xbox Live.

It's nice to meet everyone, so far everybody seems really cool. My real name is Terry and I'm always glad to help anybody. Thanks for having me.
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome to Icrontic!
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome Siruspernot!
    edited Jan 2009
    Hell of a resume. Welcome to IC.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS
    makes mental note to not piss off siruspernot...
    San Diego Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    makes mental note to not piss off siruspernot...
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited Jan 2009
    Capn Crunch? That is so cool! I'll be one of your fellow new comers on the site today, enjoy! ^_^

Btw check out Team 93, the are doing some great things and are always looking for people to join their already outstanding team.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Watching the mere mortals in chaos from high atop Mt. Olympus Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    My name is Larry and I'm an Icronticaholic.
  • MiltownstaydownMiltownstaydown Milton Florida
    edited Jan 2009
    Hello all! Just wanted to say this is a great site. I am currently going to school for PC Support and Networking and I was looking for a good site with some good reviews on things and had a great community. I sure am glad I found icrontic! I hope to see all you around in the forums. Thanks have a great day!
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome to Icrontic, Miltownstaydown!
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Miltownstaydown said:
    Hello all! Just wanted to say this is a great site. I am currently going to school for PC Support and Networking and I was looking for a good site with some good reviews on things and had a great community. I sure am glad I found icrontic! I hope to see all you around in the forums. Thanks have a great day!
    Yeah, you're going to want to stick around. Welcome!
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited Jan 2009
    Mt_Goat said:
    My name is Larry and I'm an Icronticaholic.
    Lol!

Welcome, guys!

LIN
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Dewmander Misery Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    :wave: to all newcomers
    edited Jan 2009
    Miltownstaydown said:
    We are not liable for Icrontic Recovery Therapy once you become an addict... That being said, WELCOME!!! :D
    edited Jan 2009
    Hello, greetings, salutations!
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited Jan 2009
    Miltownstaydown said:
    Welcome to our community.
  • MiltownstaydownMiltownstaydown Milton Florida
    edited Jan 2009
    Thanks for the warm welcome. It won't be long and I'll be an Icronticaholic!
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    welcome Miltown :wave:
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    It all started with some guy PrimeSuspect hosting my buddys website. Using this they played a nice practical joke on us...

I then found out he played TF2, so I hopped on the server...

I was on the server so I thought I would check out the forum...

I was then introduced to f@h...

Next I will be at EXPO{IC}

Hi Everyone!

-Bobby
    edited Jan 2009
    I don't know this joke or this guy. :D
    edited Jan 2009
    I don't know this Prime guy.... oh wait, I do. Carry on... :D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Hello and welcome to the new faces
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome, Bobby! :wave:

LIN
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited Jan 2009
    Dare_Davey said:
    I just found this awesome site.
    siruspernot said:
    It's nice to meet everyone, so far everybody seems really cool. My real name is Terry and I'm always glad to help anybody. Thanks for having me.
    Miltownstaydown said:
    Hello all! Just wanted to say this is a great site.
    Bobby1211 said:
    Hi Everyone!
    Welcome to Icrontic, fellas. Pull up a seat and pull down a beer!
    edited Jan 2009
    I promise you'll find plenty of that, here. :P Welcome.
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome Juice!! :D
    edited Jan 2009
    juice4dman said:
    Hi! I am from Oklahoma and work in the oil and gas business. I joined because I was looking for a way to entertain myself at work. :)
    GO AGGIES!

I mean, welcome to Icrontic. ;D
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited Jan 2009
    Hi, there, Juice! :)

LIN
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome to Icrontic :)
    edited Jan 2009
    juice4dman said:
    Hi! I am from Oklahoma and work in the oil and gas business. I joined because I was looking for a way to entertain myself at work. :)
    As you can already see... not many websites greet new members like this... unless you count being called a "noob" or "stop asking stupid questions" a greeting. You'll get none of that here. :D

So.. Welcome Noob... ;D
  • CallredCallred Maryville, tn
    edited Jan 2009
    Hi, I'm Cec (sounds like cease) Username: Callred. I just came over from the FiringSquad forums where some of your guys are having fun with us. Nice site guys. I'll drop in now and then and check it out when I have a bit more time.
    edited Jan 2009
    Hey, Callred, welcome to Icrontic. Thanks for stopping by. :D Hope you'll play TF2 with us if you have it!
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome to IC :)
    edited Jan 2009
    Hey Thrax, thanks for the invite but my machine is running Win 7 right now and the only game I'm testing is Crysis: Warhead at this time. We'll see what happens though. Is TF2 the big one here? It's been ages since I played on a Fortress server... you could use me for target practice though :)
    edited Jan 2009
    Hey, I hear you. My Windows 7 partition is loaded up with a ton of games I'll never play. Warhead, UT3, FC2, etc. Gotta get those benchmarks!
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome Cec.... The Icrontic Crack is in the mail... We'll get you hooked REAL good. :grr:
    edited Jan 2009
    Thanks to all of you. I'll be back, then I'll spend some time getting used to how things are sectioned off in here.
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome, Cec.
  • DareDare SD
    edited Jan 2009
    Introductions.... Well.
    Howdy, I'm new. Im Dare. Im pretty much of a fool and a gaming junky when I can be.

Was reffered here by a friend, who, after careful consideration and thought (AKA forehead meet palm sorta moment) is most likely Thrax, who's been a big help to me about all the things computer wise I'm noobsauce about.

Came here with massive computer fail problems, and started browsing. I get my first barebones PC in the mail in a bit, and it looks like I found a good place to get schooled in, and to find others to shoot some stuff with in the future when said barebones PC is no longer a pile of parts in the mail. XD

So... Yep. Howdy all.
    CrowMetal666
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited Jan 2009
    Howdy, and welcome to Icrontic!

LIN
    edited Jan 2009
    Hallo Dare. Fools for fool's company here at Icrontic! Welcome. ;D
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome Dare!!! :wave:
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Welcome new Icrontians, Kick back for a while. You are sure to find lots of good stuff around here.

-Bobby