If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Someone take this kitten!

CantiCanti =/= smalltimehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
edited Mar 2009 in The Pub
Seriously now, it's not going to eat itself after all. I found it under my car after work this morning. Mertesn told me to pillow case + river whatever that means. It's already been fed once which is enough for a whole lifetime right? It's also very friendly and I assume highly intelligent as the following was actually typed by the cat as it walked across my keyboard while making this thread.

"Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ]

5 4rbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnt5ruyyyy\aq45////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////7"

I'm guessing that's kitten for, "Please adopt me and can has cheezburger?"
UPSLynx

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Pix?
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Living in the North Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Lord Canti wrote:
    It's already been fed once which is enough for a whole lifetime right?

Cats have to eat at least once a day everyday otherwise they will die. They're not like a dog in the respect they could go more then a day without eating if it came down to it......
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    Pix?

Hmm I thought I attached a pix...oh well.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Are you sure it's a stray and not a runaway? Feral kittens are not friendly to humans.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Probably is a runaway or someone just dumped it which I find more likely since it was cowering under my car at 4A.M. in a Wal-Mart parking lot.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    That cat looks like it's had a rough life :-/
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    It's just a standard calico pattern. They all look like abused animals.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS
    makes cat joke relating to Hallock household
    San Diego Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    makes cat joke relating to Hallock household
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    KITTY!
    Creeperbane2
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    I love pussy
    cats
    Creeperbane2
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited Mar 2009
    The color/marking is called "tortoise shell" or just "tortoise". I have one that looks almost identical to it.

Good luck finding it a home although it seems to have already found one. You fed it; it's yours. :)
    edited Mar 2009
    Annes wrote:
    That cat looks like it's had a rough life :-/

Probably hard to tell from the pictures but it can't be more than 2 months old.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Are you sure it's a stray and not a runaway? Feral kittens are not friendly to humans.

That's clearly a resto kitten.
    edited Mar 2009
    I see what you did there. Heh.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Lord Canti wrote:

"Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ]

5 4rbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnt5ruyyyy\aq45////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////7"

I'm guessing that's kitten for, "Please adopt me and can has cheezburger?"

Question if adopted How will the kitten get to the one who wants him?:scratch:
    I mean I don't think you can put him in the mail, If you did I don't think he
    would be very friendly afterwards at least I wound not want to open it ;D
    edited Mar 2009
    Dropped the cat off at the pet clinic this afternoon. Not great but at least it will get vaccinated, fed, and possibly adopted instead of run over by some fat bitch driving her suv in a Wal-Mart parking lot.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    As an SUV I resent that.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Member
    edited Mar 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Feral kittens are not friendly to humans.

Not entirely true. At my grandad's farm there are a lot of feral cats that my grandparents feed, but they usually won't come near them, and are pretty pissy if you try and touch them.

But my grandad was taking food out to the cats and a kitten from a new litter came up to him, started rubbing up against him, and was very friendly. So my grandad brought him into the house and he's lived there for year or so now. While he is timid around strangers, he is very friendly and tame, which is surprising.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Not entirely true. At my grandad's farm there are a lot of feral cats that my grandparents feed, but they usually won't come near them, and are pretty pissy if you try and touch them.

Exactly the point, they are not friendly to humans, They will except food , but don't even think about handling one. :sawed: Been there done that, took weeks to heal.

But my grandad was taking food out to the cats and a kitten from a new litter came up to him, started rubbing up against him, and was very friendly. So my grandad brought him into the house and he's lived there for year or so now. While he is timid around strangers, he is very friendly and tame, which is surprising.

Young Kittens don't have the "learned fear" that an older cat/kitten does. Exactly why the earlier on an animal is shown attention, affection, and protection they will be more loving as they get older.

That is also why so many young animals "saved" by animal rights groups and protection/rescue groups fail to acclimate back into the wild.:(
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    Not entirely true. At my grandad's farm there are a lot of trannies that my grandparents feed, but they usually won't come near them, and are pretty pissy if you try and touch them.

But my grandad was taking food out to the trannies and a tranny from a new litter came up to him, started rubbing up against him, and was very friendly. So my grandad brought him into the house and he's lived there for year or so now. While he is timid around strangers, he is very friendly and tame, which is surprising.

Glad you could once again enlighten us with your vast knowledge of pussy.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited Mar 2009
    That's clearly a resto kitten.

I nearly lol'd.
    I hope that kitty got adopted.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Zuntar said:

That is also why so many young animals "saved" by animal rights groups and protection/rescue groups fail to acclimate back into the wild.:(

Reason 568 PETA is evil. Also nice work Canti hopefully that kitten will grow to be happy and healthy.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Canti said:

Dropped the cat off at the pet clinic this afternoon. Not great but at least it will get vaccinated, fed, and possibly adopted ...

not empty quoting

• NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    I expected this post to be Dog

[put canti dog gif here]
    ThraxCreeperbane2