If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Big news

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
edited Nov 2011 in The Pub
:):) I was informed today that i'm going to be a father.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    !

CONGRATULATIONS! Another Icrontic babby! yay!
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    CONGRATS MAN!!!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    That is big news. Congrats to you. Is this your first?
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    IC Family getting another future gamer!!! CONGRATS!
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited Oct 2011
    Yes it's my first.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Right behind you Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Congratulations!

-Digi
  • NotezeeNotezee Canada New
    edited Oct 2011
    Congratulations dude!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Yes it's my first.

In that case you have nine months (or less actually) to prepare for a very great moment in your life. Make sure you change the first poo diaper. :rockon:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Orange, CA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    The first one is more like tar than poo.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited Oct 2011
    Congrats!
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Also, this.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Awesome news, congrats on bein' daddeh!
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:

Congrats, and I know its probably still around 8mos or so until the day. But remember that you can always ask the nurse for help. First diaper change be free.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Congratulations!!
    edited Oct 2011
    The only thing I'm afraid of is what he father will say. We aren't married and we just moved in together last month. But I was planning on proposing to here in December before this happened .
  • edited Oct 2011
    easy, buy the future father in law a crown royal. =))
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    The only thing I'm afraid of is what he father will say. We aren't married and we just moved in together last month. But I was planning on proposing to here in December before this happened .

No reason to delay the inevitable. If its their first grand child it could be a pleasant suprise. If not then whats the big deal, seriously.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited Oct 2011
    Many congratulations!
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Not to be sneaky... Propose soon, very soon. Announce engagement ASAP. Wait a few weeks and announce the possibility of pregnancy. To parents, it looks like you planned the engagement and, while not the best timing, the pregnancy was between two people that are engaged and planning for the future regardless of a baby.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Let me tell ya straight brother. Marriage is barely a commitment compared to loving and raising a child together. If you are both stoked about the pregnancy, and feel strongly enough that you two can make that work together, then that is the biggest commitment a couple can make to each other. If you are confident you two have what it takes to be great parents together, my two cents for what they are worth, go ahead, like it and put a ring on it, oh, oh, oh.........
    edited Oct 2011
    plans are in the works for an engagement ring. I was going to purpose around 12-3-2011 before she told me. Its a Christmas event called (dickens on the strand). some people are telling me that I should doing sooner than later even without a ring btw I'm not going to do.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    I think that is fantastic. You can still hold to your plan, it's only seven weeks from now.

Honestly though, the most important thing is knowing that you are both pumped to be parents together. Know that, have that discussion with her. If you are looking at her, and she is looking at you and both are saying, yeah, we got what it takes to do parenthood together, then you have made a huge commitment that dwarfs any ring or ceremony. If you both feel strongly enough about each other that you are not majorly freaked out about a baby (mind you everyone should be at least a little freaked, kids are a BIG DEAL), assuming its just normal stress and you two are okay with a kid, getting married should be a piece of cake.

Wish you both the best.
    edited Nov 2011
    I just went to the doctors office today and got an ultra sound. The due date is june 15.
    My baby.jpg 146.4K
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Looks just like you.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Watching the mere mortals in chaos from high atop Mt. Olympus Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    shwaip wrote:
    Looks just like you.

You're right! The same eyes and nose.

BTW
    I hope you took her with you. If not that ultrasound is going to be really freaky. :hair: