If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

MLP: FiM discussion thread

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I guess most folks assume that Icrontic members really wouldn't be up for reading fanfiction.
    I think there was a discussion about this earlier on in one of these threads.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Something horrible has happened!

PINKIE SPARROW IS GONE

LonelyIslandisdicks.jpg

It is?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    It was, yesterday it had been pulled for a takedown notice by TheLonelyIsland. I'm guessing that it's been worked out.
    edited Mar 2012
    So I've been waiting for this for awhile now and just today Alina said that she was coming over to visit at the school today, and that she was bringing my Rainbow Dash plushie along with her.

I'm so excited with how it turned out I've had a huge stupid grin on my face for the past 2 hours.

EDIT: ALL THE MERCH!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Frigging awesome. You guys and dem plushies.

Why are the fans better at this than Hasbro?
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Why are the fans better at this than Hasbro?
    Cause Hasbro has to take care of them little girls first. /cynical

Would be my honest guess though, appeal to the target demographic first. Could also be that the chain of command is suckish at making changes to their products/adding products. For all we know there may be some paperwork !@#$ to go through.

• Now that I have seen every episode, I think I will call myself a brony online.

But, I'm not willing to let all my friends and peers know...

So online only!!!
    DAT PLUSHIE.

How much did your friend charge for it again?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Ilriyas' pics reminded me, I have yet to upload pics of best pony plushie:

Now that I have seen every episode, I think I will call myself a brony online.

But, I'm not willing to let all my friends and peers know...

So online only!!!
    First off, Welcome to the Herd!

Second, I have not let my "friends" and peers know because I already have gotten to witness their reactions. They were not positive. Sad, but not everyone can at least tolerate this.

And hey you're more up to date then me, I still haven't seen a couple.
    DAT PLUSHIE.

How much did your friend charge for it again?
    Around $25 plus shipping, as I said if shipping costs are too much I'll gladly pay em myself.

Its the least I could do after all. (And the shipping prices are kind of silly cause it's Canada to US but without tracking I can get shipping at around $10 with CP.)

CP? Are those like Canada Points? What kind of currency is that?
    edited Mar 2012
    CP? Are those like Canada Points? What kind of currency is that?
    I know you're joking Cola but no...just no...

Also just realized that I forgot to include my 20% Drunker beer stein in that pic, of course with the down blanket the picture would've been invisible but eh.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I know you guys are way far ahead here, but I finally watched episode 4 of season 1 (Applejack) and it was wonderful. Something about it was very fun. I have a strong feeling I'm going to watch a few more episodes tonight.
    Applebuck Season is without a doubt in my mind one of the shows better episodes. It's incredibly entertaining to watch and is one of the few that I've watched more than once.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Yeah, I love S1E4. We don't watch it enough. (Also, JOHN MADDEN. FOOTBALL)

@MiracleManS, will you be joining us for the stream tonight? We won't be watching episodes in order, but the show doesn't carry any concurrent storylines.
    @UPSLynx 75% chance, depends on how I feel etc.
    @UPSLynx 75% chance, depends on how I feel etc.
    Crank it up to 100%.

Lynx, if he does decide to join us, I don't see why we couldn't show another S1 episode or so. you know, a couple of the good ones. I'll even give up my 50's-60's commercials/usual tomfoolery (with the exception of Snoop Dogg's Smoke Out) to make time for it, since it's a noble cause.

Though afterwards, we need to watch that series premiere episode of The Aquabats Super Show.
    Yeah, I've been wanting to watch some long lost S1 episodes actually. I was just thinking last night about the sleepover episode with Rarity and Applejack. Not the best episode, but I haven't seen it in AGES. Not since stream #3, I believe.
    edited Mar 2012
    I'm watching 5 right now, just to try and catch up.

Edit: 5 is a little drop-off but still not bad.
    We also need to watch Mulp Phim: The Redemption. We don't watch that nearly enough.
    I'm watching 5 right now, just to try and catch up.

Edit: 5 is a little drop-off but still not bad.
    The Gildasode isn't that great, yeah. Trixie's a little better, but she's mostly awesome because of all the fandom stuff about her.

The first half of season 1 is kind of hit-and-miss, and you probably won't like the "Cutie Mark Crusaders" all that much at first. The show ramps up in quality as you go along, though.

Season 2 is -amazing-. There's only been two episodes this season I haven't much cared for, and one of them is alright because a talking minotaur makes it awesome.
    Sorry I missed you guys last night. I have a pretty awful sinus infection that now has me incapable of hearing out of both ears. Who's going to urgent care later today? This guy.
    edited Mar 2012
    Tara Strong (the voice of Twilight) has had her trollface working on Twitter for the past couple of weeks, but now she's taking it to the next level. Something was posted by her last night while our Ponystream was going on.

She's now directly sending out stuff in Twilight's voice.

Personally, I vastly approve of this. New content is always welcome. Plus the remixers/Youtubers have more stuff to work with.
    As a side note, so far Twilight is best pony.
    I'm pretty sure Cola approves of both of these posts.

Also, hope you feel better soon MiracleManS! I just got over my sinus infection, and during midterms too! D-:
    edited Mar 2012
    What the hell have you people done to me? I had the choice between Sonic Rainboom, Read it and Weep, Boast Busters or Sweet and Elite and I chose Sweet and Elite...
    edited Mar 2012
    Tara Strong (the voice of Twilight) has had her trollface working on Twitter for the past couple of weeks, but now she's taking it to the next level. Something was posted by her last night while our Ponystream was going on.

She's now directly sending out stuff in Twilight's voice.

Personally, I vastly approve of this. New content is always welcome. Plus the remixers/Youtubers have more stuff to work with.
    Dude this is awesome. People are going to animate the crap out of this.
    I already have the keyframes done in my mind.
  • So, I was at lacrosse practice. (yes, I play sports as well) And as I was taking off my jersey, It gets caught on my shoulder pads. I say "dumb fabric!" but then get very sad because all of my team fits the "jock" stereotype very well. I would probably get attacked if they knew I was quoting ponies... So, I came here so I could share the laugh with somepony else. That is all.