If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Collaborative art project - it's easy, and rewarding!

BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
edited Jun 2012 in Bronies
Sup guys. I'm doing an art project, and I need everyone's help. It's super-quick, serious.

Here's what to do. Find an image of your favorite pony, in your favorite pose, and post it here. I'm going to take its silhouette and do something cool with it. So make sure it's got a cool silhouette. For best results, have the whole body be visible.

There's an example of what's gonna happen. When I'm done with the project, those that contribute will more than likely get a part of it. Trust me, it'll be sweet.

Comments

• colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Haha, awesome Digi, that's great.
    Cola, you may want to try again, maybe when not drunk out. The silhouette of that is, like, a circle. lol
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Jun 2012
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Orange, CA Icrontian
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Jun 2012
    Whichever works best:

edited Jun 2012
    Looks good so far everyone. And GHoosdum: challenge accepted.

Anyone else want in on the project? I want MOAR PONIES I mean art samples, but the deadline to get in will be the end of Sunday night so I can have enough time to work on the project Monday and Tuesday.

Remember, contributors will get swag. Or $wag. Your pick.
    Looks good so far everyone. And GHoosdum: challenge accepted.

Anyone else want in on the project? I want MOAR PONIES I mean art samples, but the deadline to get in will be the end of Sunday night so I can have enough time to work on the project Monday and Tuesday.

Remember, contributors will get swag. Or $wag. Your pick.
    Swag or $wag......so hard to chose...
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    Since Fluttershy and Twilight (sorta) were already picked...

Okay guys, time's up! For those that contributed, thanks a lot! Brohoofs all around. You'll see the results soon enough. :)
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Jun 2012
    Alrighty then! The cat's pony's out of the bag. I unveilied the fruits of the project at Epic 2012!

Where I work, I have access to a plotter that can cut out shapes, which we use quite often with adhesive-backed vinyl. We had a giant roll of retro-reflective blue vinyl that will never be used for anything, so I practiced on the plotter using all the sources you guys posted above. And I must say, it turned out pretty fucking awesome.

I forgot to take a photo of all the completed decals together, so I'll post the silhouettes I made later. In the meantime, here's a silhouette of Derpy that is now affixed proudly to my laptop:

This photo was taken with the camera right next to the lamp that was shining on the laptop. As you can see, the decal REALLY lights up like a neon sign. This stuff is PERFECT for decals on your car if you want them to REALLY light up at night.

To contrast, this is what they look like at an off-angle:

At an off-angle, they look a much deeper royal blue. Thus, when walking past it, they seem to "shimmer" as they reflect more or less light depending on the angle of viewing. I LOVE THIS STUFF.

For those of you that didn't get a decal, I pity tha fool who didn't make it to EPIC 2012. But there's still hope yet. Let me know if you're interested in getting one, and I'll see what I can work out. I'll probably offer to send them out if people PayPal me a few bucks to cover buying large envelopes and shipping costs.

The decals were a ton of fun to make, so I'm planning on making more. So keep posting cool poses that would make awesome silhouette decals! In the meantime, I'm going to look into making a decal-friendly version of this for my car...

• How'd that turn out?
    I want a bohoof on my car!