If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

your favourite toy

oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French CanadianMontréal, Québec. Icrontian
so, what is your fav toy at home? i mean, beside the battery-powered step-brother or your fleshlight...

mine is my BBbarfly (http://bbbarfly.com/), a buterfly knife that is actualy a bottle opener.
right by my computer, every beer or downtime in loading or respawn, i'm playing with it and trying to make new flips and moves.

so what is yours?
Cliff_Forster

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    My replica claymore, carbon steel, perfectly capable of being weaponized if permits for something like that even existed.

Never bothered mounting it because I like standing in the middle of my room and practicing swordplay. I just feel 110% awesome when I'm swinging that thing around imagining myself slaying opposing knights by the hundreds.
    oni_delsCliff_Forster
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I have a sword I bought when I was touring a Spanish sword factory in Toledo (Spain, not Ohio.) It is pretty badass. I also carried it on the plane on my way back (We actually stopped at DTW) from Madrid in 1996. How times have changed. I don't think you'd be able to carry a large piece of Spanish Steel through DTW and onto a plane with you nowadays. :-)
    Cliff_Forster
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Sog Creed
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    Excellent thread idea @Oni_dels! That bottle opener is slick, I'm going to get one.

Let's see..... I'll have to think on my response. I'm blessed to have a few cool options.
    oni_dels
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    oni_delsmertesn
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Sonic Screwdriver
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    It occurs to me that I don't really have a favorite toy outside of my smartphone or PC. So, I guess those are it.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    My brewpot or my bicycle. Tough to decide.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    My basses...an early 90s P-bass and my Ibanez.
    oni_dels
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    My home theater, which is a combination of

-Epson 8350 1080p projector
    -110" 1.2 gain white matte screen
    -Denon 5.1 reciever with Sony speakers
    -AMD APU HTPC with XBMC

I'll never buy a TV again (Unless Santa brings be an 80"+ 4K one lol)
    Thrax
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian

It's a great way to turn money into loud bangs.
    oni_delsJBoogalooCreeperbane2UPSLynx
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    @Gattsu Good to see a like minded individual. MOLON LABE!
    Gattsu
  • kimono54kimono54 Fort Wayne, IN Icrontian
    Like @thrax I don't have one outside of my smartphone, which is my lifeline to the world. I use it for everything. From the alarm clock to a grocery list to the app I use to keep track of my diet and weight to my internet access. I couldn't live without my smartphone.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    purple punisher
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I have a lot of toys - I buy action figures all the time and love to collect them. I have many that are near favorites, but after all these years this Metal Sonic replica is still my favorite:

Granted it just sits on my desk looking cool, but I love it to death. Was a gift many years ago from @rolleggroll.
    IlriyasGuppyoni_delsCreeperbane2
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    Mt_Goat said:

Sorry @Gattsu, I would have made short work of the intruders B4 you ever saw them. :cool:

What are you going to do when the Zombie Horde comes bearing down on you like this???

Your going to need something to mow those bastards down with!

Seriously though, that is one beautiful setup. Sako makes some truly awesome rifles, right up there with Accuracy International. You must get awesome MOA results with that thing. I keep getting reminded that the only thing I'm missing from my collection is a proper long distance rifle. The closest thing I've got to that is a 91/30 Mosin Nagant :(. I've been contemplating a Savage 10 FCP-K for the past month. I'm lost when it comes to optics. And DAT .338 Lapua! That is one scary round. The hottest round I've ever fired was a .300 Win Mag. I'm a fellow HK owner too! I love my USP 9mm, even though the ergonomics are a bit awkward.

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited Jun 2013
    My scooter.
    UPSLynxoni_dels
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Punta Gorda, FL Icrontian
    My trusty do-it-all Lenovo laptop W520. Will be even more my favorite when I am able to actually order a Crucial M500 SSD drive for it.
    oni_dels
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    My Ibanez art-320, other than that I'd have to say my iPod.
    oni_dels