If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

So, when did you find out you were an adult?

TeramonaTeramona Baroness von PuttenhamIn a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
It finally hit me when I realized I don't have health insurance. Time to start padding corners and stop banging my head in to things just to see what it would feel like.

MyrmidonKoreish

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    When I was 19 years old and we found out that we were having a baby, with no health insurance. Time to grow up!
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian
    When I accidentally a house?
    oni_delsJBoogalooLeahVoiceUPSLynx
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    What's being an adult?
    Cliff_Forster
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    The moment I had bills
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    I don't understand the question.
    GnomeQueen
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja I don't know how to not Icrontian
    @Teramona health insurance sucks, but when I was in LA I paid roughly $90/mo for coverage through Anthem for their hip young "Tonik" plan. The coverage was absolutely horrible, but had anything really bad happened that would have otherwise cost $1000s and $1000s it would have been worth it. I never once had to use it, and I purposely avoided pursuing health issues that would have cost less than my premium to deal with but it was worth having. Now if you plan on being pregnant at some point in the future, be picky about your plan and read all the fine print.

The only time you ever need insurance is when you don't have it. That's something a business law professor used to tell me.

Per conversation topic, I became an adult when I turned 25. I don't know exactly why, but essentially it was when I stopped just taking care of myself and others begin to depend on me.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Jun 2013
    April, 2007.
    TeramonaUPSLynx
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    I'm still trying to figure that one out.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    What is adult? Is this a nickname for a new steam update or something?
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    August of 2008.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Biologically: When I turned 18
    Socially: When I got smacked in the face with schooling debt that will stick with me years after I get a real job. (I haven't even started my new education yet!) and/or when I started paying taxes
    Mentally: I don't think this will ever happen, this however is reliant on whether there is a such thing as mentally being an 'adult'
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    soon, i think.
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
    Allow me to rephrase...

When did you first realize that your parents and goverment were no longer legally obligated to keep you alive?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Parents: When I was almost kicked out of my house two years ago for reasons I can't quite remember
    Government: Never, as long as I pay my taxes the government is legally obligated to make sure I don't die. Ever.
    midga
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    soon, i think.
    PirateNinjamidga
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    It's a blur for me. I still don't feel like I've gone full adult. I pay for most of my bills but I still get to wake up whenever I feel like it. Maybe when I get a job I'll feel like an adult.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I live in Never Never Land so I don't have to grow up. Though I did just open an IRA so maybe I'm an adult now.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited Jun 2013
    When I was about 20 and my hair suddenly became long. Isn't that how it works for everyone?
    colapigflipper
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
    Canti said:

When I was about 20 and my hair suddenly became long. Isn't that how it works for everyone?

Who let you in here?

colaMyrmidonKoreish
    Remind me never to be on the steps of a senate building with you, Brutus Dan.
    CanticolaKoreish
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    March 1st, 1993
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    When my mom had a massive brain injury when I was 15, and I suddenly became the person keeping myself and my brothers fed, clothed, and going to school (mostly).
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I am starting to feel almost like an adult now that my wife and I bought our first house.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I wonder, does the Lulz war bring back memories of the Helium Wars?
    Linc
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian
    I'll never grow up... BANGARANG!!!!