If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

NFL Football 2013/14

1111214161719

Comments

  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Chump change for him.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    image
    I don't know how but......SO MUCH WIN!!!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I mean you would know if you watched the refs not watch the game.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Pretty sure I blew the season by not making my picks this week and Miami lost :mean:

    -Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Go Bengals!! As much as I hated having to root for the Ravens and hope they beat the Patriots, a loss by them gives us the AFC North. Playoffs three years in a row for the first time ever for the Bengals!!
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    need help.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    My Skins season was disappoint...as was that ridiculous loss to the Cowboys yesterday, ugh. Oh well, there is rebuilding to be done in the off-season.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited Dec 2013
    I'm just going to leave this here.
    image
    JBoogaloo
  • We'll get you next time Brady, NEXT TIME!!!
    JBoogaloo
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

    We'll get you next time Brady, NEXT TIME!!!

    That's what I get for rooting for the Ratbirds. Oh well. We win the division and might get lucky and make it into a #2 seed if Buffalo can play like they did against Miami and pull out the upset over the Patriots. I'll be at the Bengals game next week celebrating our division title after we trounce the Ratbirds and end their season.

  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    CrazyJoe said:

    We'll get you next time Brady, NEXT TIME!!!

    That's what I get for rooting for the Ratbirds. Oh well. We win the division and might get lucky and make it into a #2 seed if Buffalo can play like they did against Miami and pull out the upset over the Patriots. I'll be at the Bengals game next week celebrating our division title after we trounce the Ratbirds and end their season.

    Don't get cocky, this is the NFL we're talking about. Look what happened in the Steelers game when everyone picked the Bengals for an easy victory...
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited Dec 2013
    @CrazyJoe - I understand the angst coming from a guy who's favorite franchise is one where the all time greatest player is Boomer Esiason....
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Bills were THIS close to having a great year
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    For the seasons they've had and the injuries experienced they did fucking well.
    I say next year, total contenders, possibly top of their division...yes, I said that.
    Because of my brother I've seriously enjoyed watching their games this year and have serious high expectations from them next year, they got the team, just gotta get that off-season cohesiveness.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    GHoosdum said:


    Don't get cocky, this is the NFL we're talking about. Look what happened in the Steelers game when everyone picked the Bengals for an easy victory...

    I've been a Bengals fan my entire life, we don't get cocky about anything. The Bengals always fine a way to Bungle something up...
    GHoosdum
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    image

    This deserve a personal foul?? Come on, man.....
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Leading with the helmet. Yep.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Snarkasm said:

    Leading with the helmet. Yep.

    I'm not sure how that was leading with the helmet in the sense of the NFL rules, which require it to be the crown of the helmet (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000247646/NFL-Officiating-Crown-of-the-Helmet-rule). He did everything they're instructed to do (including turning his shoulder into the hit). It is ridiculous to require defensive backs to perform nothing but fit tackles and I'm pretty sure you don't want them going at a players lower body.

    You can try and make an argument for defenseless receiver, but I think that could be a bit of a bang-bang on that type of play.
    Chooch
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited Dec 2013
    @MiracleManS that's a great video. Football is so complicated to officiate now. If I were in charge I'd simplify the rules. Did the ball hit the ground? No? It's a catch.... Did the defender leave his feet or launch upward to make the hit? No? It's clean. They pretty much set up NFL Ref's to fail.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Snarkasm said:

    Leading with the helmet. Yep.

    I think leading with helmet would be this

    image
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    It's both. That's the unfortunate gray area. If the hit had been shifted 5 inches to the left, that's a shoulder-to-shoulder hit, and everything's fine. Where it is, yes, it looks like a clean tackle to me as well (or at least not intentionally harmful), but it's easily misconstrued as leading with the helmet, especially from the positions refs are often in.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    simple fix. remove helmets from the game.

    that will make them think twice before going head/helmet first on a tackle :)
    trooster89
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Dec 2013
    fatcat said:

    simple fix. remove helmets from the game.

    that will make them think twice before going head/helmet first on a tackle :)

    You know, as ridiculous as some may say this is I think that maybe this could be a valid direction change to things nowadays (the future learning injuries aside). I won't say this is the right answer, but I guess it couldn't be any worse than the "arms race" between athletes trying to become the largest/hardest hitting player they can be and other athletes hoping the current equipment available is capable of protecting them when they take that hit.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    image

    down to the final week of regular season, just like the Cowboys every year...
    BobbyDigi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Dec 2013
    JBoogaloo said:

    fatcat said:

    simple fix. remove helmets from the game.

    that will make them think twice before going head/helmet first on a tackle :)

    You know, as ridiculous as some may say this is I think that maybe this could be a valid direction change to things nowadays (the future learning injuries aside). I won't say this is the right answer, but I guess it couldn't be any worse than the "arms race" between athletes trying to become the largest/hardest hitting player they can be and other athletes hoping the current equipment available is capable of protecting them when they take that hit.
    It's not ridiculous at all, and is one of the reasons rugby is vastly less dangerous than football. Boxers wear gloves to protect their hands, not the other persons face, etc. Football hit force has gone up due to increased player size and padding them actually makes the overall impacts worse because your brain and other organs move around regardless of how padded your shoulders or helmet is ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy#American_football ... the NFL recently settled a 700+ million dollar lawsuit about this. do keep in mind the "research warning" on the wiki leak. We've only recently begun looking into this and as such, do not have properly controlled and long-term studies done, but the current case studies and post-mortem biopsies are quite telling.
    JBoogaloo
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Whelp, 9th ain't a bad finish
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited Dec 2013

    Whelp, 9th ain't a bad finish

    weren't you in 1st after week one though :scratch:
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    fatcat said:

    Whelp, 9th ain't a bad finish

    weren't you 2nd after week one though :scratch:
    image
  • We all know who the man is around here. CAW!
Sign In or Register to comment.

The 5¢ Tour