If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

ICRONTIC EXPO 2018 is here! Join our chat at icrontic.com/chat.

Fantasy Football and Pick Em?

Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian

We had a lot of fun with a weekly pick em league last year. Perhaps we can get a little fantasy league going to compliment it this year? If we are going to do it now would be a good time to get started with invites, agree on rules and set it up for a draft sometime over the next week / ten days or so. Anyone interested?

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

I would rather do a real fantasy league, pick em is newb stylee

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I concur with pigflipper. I would love to do an Icrontic Fantasty Football League.

We need at least 8 to make a league worthwhile, prefer 12-16+. Also, I really like the Yahoo fantasy setup, but I am open to using another league builder.

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian

I'm down with Yahoo fantasy. I use it for another league I'm in. So we have three right now. I agree at least eight is ideal. Let's do this Icrontic.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian

In. I would be much more inclined to do it. Also I have another league with yahoo so I vote for that as well.

I use ESPN for my other fantasy football league so I know that one best and would prefer that, but I'm down with whatever.

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

I'd be interested in another pick 'em.

It was a lot of fun last year.

I don't like fantasy as much. I find myself too busy rooting for/against specific players and not being able to enjoy the games as a whole.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

Im in for either!

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

Since I hosted the Pick Em last year I feel the need to chime in. I don't follow enough football anymore to do either this year. I just like to watch when I have a chance.

Enjoy Football!

-Digi

I got one more interested participant if we can't get to at least eight.

@Cliff_Forster said:
    I'm down with Yahoo fantasy. I use it for another league I'm in. So we have three right now. I agree at least eight is ideal. Let's do this Icrontic.

im In for yahoo, Ive used them for the last 6 leagues and it always works great

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Sign me up for some fantasy. BRADY QUINN NUMBER ONE PICK HERE I COME.

pigflipper
    edited Aug 2014

@Karma‌ lols J-Charles man. ftw.

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'd be in for this.

Ok, we need to get league details down, including draft date.

Well I think we do gotta figure out how serious we wanna take it. Because a 2 qb PPR league sounds good to me.

1qb 2 WR 2 Rb 1 flex 1 TE 1 DEF 1 Kicker

SonorouspigflipperJBoogaloo

@Karma said:
    Because a 2 qb PPR league sounds good to me.

And fantasy through yahoo?

Have fun with the world's most inflated scores.

@GnomeWizardd said:
    1qb 2 WR 2 Rb 1 flex 1 TE 1 DEF 1 Kicker

I can live with this as our standard starting lineup. How many bench? 5 or 6?

Also, much more importantly, what are the stakes? Winner gets a title and bragging rights? Last place has to use a picture of _k as their avatar for a month?

JBoogaloo

depends on the size league 10 man I give 6 12 man i do 5

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Aug 2014

@pigflipper said:
    Also, much more importantly, what are the stakes? Winner gets a title and bragging rights? Last place has to use a picture of _k as their avatar for a month?

Title, bragging rights AND BADGE ( @Linc @primesuspect...yeah?) Something like Sportsball Phantasy Champion? Fantasy Sportsball Slayer, maybe the "I ain't no sportsball chump champ" badge, I Can Sportzball Correctly...

I don't know, something fun and ridiculous :)

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Aug 2014

There's already a badge for football and I'm pretty sure there are no Winner's badges in the Icrontic lineup. Superiority over other community members is not what the badges are about.

They're about Internet points points points points

-Digi

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    There's already a badge for football and I'm pretty sure there are no Winner's badges in the Icrontic lineup. Superiority over other community members is not what the badges are about.

They're about Internet points points points points

-Digi

This isn't helping my superiority complex... :grumble:

JBoogaloo

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/964490

I created a Yahoo League called Icrontic Bowl. I adjusted the rules for PPR, I made a couple minor scoring adjustments, pick six is -6, 20 yards in the air is a point vs. 25 for QB, and if you have a position player that also takes kick returns they get 1 point per 20 yards there. Of course this is all negotiable if anyone would like to see different scoring. Just some preferences of mine.

Draft is scheduled for Sunday 08/24 starting at 7:30 PM. This is also subject to change, just a suggestion to get things started.

Lets do this!

JBoogaloo

Aight I joined up.

C-C-C-C-COLON BREAKERS!

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

I don't understand how football. Gimmie 500 on the Seahawks.

Creeperbane2

In Johnny Football

@Cliff_Forster said:
    http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/964490

I created a Yahoo League called Icrontic Bowl. I adjusted the rules for PPR, I made a couple minor scoring adjustments, pick six is -6, 20 yards in the air is a point vs. 25 for QB, and if you have a position player that also takes kick returns they get 1 point per 20 yards there. Of course this is all negotiable if anyone would like to see different scoring. Just some preferences of mine.

Draft is scheduled for Sunday 08/24 starting at 7:30 PM. This is also subject to change, just a suggestion to get things started.

Lets do this!

I disagree with the Pix 6 being -6 points rather than the standard INT points because that's largely dependent on the defense (offense) around the player making the INT, and doesn't really have anything to do with the QB.

JBoogaloo