If geeks love it, we’re on it
You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!
yes it all about old modest mouse. although no modest mouse made this list. heck, half of my top ten bands didn't.
top twenty songs that have effected my life, and are also in the running for least likely to make the cut....
Sonny's Squall- Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee
Lincolnshire Posey - Percy Granger
Cristo Redentor -the Charlie Musslewhite version
Take a Letter Maria - R.B. Greaves
Johnny Was - Stiff Little Fingers's version
And Justice for All - Metallica
Street Hassle - Lou Reed
A Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
Dust in the Wind - as played by a mariachi band at my wedding or funeral
Amazing Grace - Aretha Franklin, but really as sung by anybody
Wham City - Dan Deacon
The Ballad of Johnny Burma - Mission of Burma
Monk Time - The Monks
The End Of the World... - R.E.M.
Fish Heads - Barnes and Barnes
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
Nantes - Beirut
Gut feeling/ slap yr mammy - Devo
Straight to Hell - The Clash
Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts- Wolf Parade
you are so awesome. i'd marry you, just for the mariachi
lunch box, john mayall? nice!
For some reason from what I read in the OP I thought this was ending on Labor Day
anyways, here is my list:
Song Title - Artist
1. Blackbird - The Beatles
2. Particle Man - They Might Be Giants
3. A Cautionary Song - The Decemberists
4. A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
5. Piano Man - Billy Joel
6. Anyway You Choose To Give It - The Black Ghosts
7. Cat Like Thief - Boxcar Racer
8. Saint John - Cold War Kids
9. Morning Glory - Oasis
10. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - George Thorogood
11. Matinee - Franz Ferdinand
12. I'm Amazed - My Morning Jacket
13. Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
14. Pistol Grip Pump - Rage Against The Machine
15. Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones
16. Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking - Snow Patrol
17. Roll Another Joint - Tom Petty
18. Commissioning A Symphony In C - Cake
19. Johnny B Good - Chuck Berry
20. Whiskey In The Jar - The Dubliners
I dig it
Alright, that's it. Winfrey automatically wins the entire thread for listing Cold War Kids "St. John." Seriously man, you win.
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
I'm surprised that Godsmack hasn't made anyone's list yet.
forgot about Pink Floyd.
11. lykke li - little bit
did not expect to see any lykke li make these rounds. interesting choice.
Mr. Bungle - Squeeze Me Macaroni
Cherplunka, I figured it out. I don't remember the film (working at a theater for four years, you see lotsa movies), but I know there's a scene where Will Ferrel is singing dust in the wind at a funeral. it's a painfully off-key arrangement, but it's not a maraichi band.
It's close, but not quite the droid you were looking for.
16. B-52's - Love Shack (especially when drinking)
12. The Breeders - Cannonball
13. The Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven
You don't see too much of the Deal sisters anymore, and I consider that a shame.
for a brief moment of time i thought i hoped i was related to kim deal. didn't work out that way.
Icrontic — Home of the Big Beef Burrito since 8-8-2000, fool.
A Short-Media community © 2003–2016.
Powered with <3 from Vanilla & WordPress.