If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Introduce yourself!

Comments

• ronron31ronron31 Stone Mountain, GA
    edited Mar 2010
    Welcome to Icrontic, Ron :)
    Thanks man.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Mar 2010
    Welcome Frylock! Your tag looks familiar, were you in on the shenanigans last night? If you didn't know already there is a regular group that plays every Wed night and I believe a group gets together Saturdays around Noon. See ya around.

-Bobby
  • FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
    edited Mar 2010
    I should be able to make it to the wed. night game but I work pretty much every saturday. Yes I was participating in the shenanigans; it was indeed a grand adventure.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2010
    Howdy Frylock! AN OPERA SINGER WATCHMAKER? You are definitely a perfect fit for Icrontic.

:life:
  • mas0nmas0n dallas Icrontian
    edited Mar 2010
    Welcome all!
  • edited Mar 2010
    Well, what the hell. This place is cool. Nice place to find. I'll be your resident white-haired geezer who still learns by the armload. I've been on the internet for more than 20 years (starting with 'The Source', the 'Adventure' game, and reams of silver print paper plus a few 'bulletin boards') and still know very little. It changes so fast.

It's all just great!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2010
    Welcome, sir.
    edited Mar 2010
    Ahh, we're full of white-haired geezers :p

Welcome to the madhouse! :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Mar 2010
    THEY ARE BLOND HAIRS, NOT WHITE. Seriously, we have a ton of below 30 folks, over 30 folks, over 40, and over 50. I think we even have a few over 60.

We are all the same age when we're online. ;)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited Mar 2010
    I wish I had white-hair... then I'd look distinguished.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll never look distinguished.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    I wish I had white-hair... then I'd look distinguished.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll never look distinguished.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. My wife keeps bugging me to dye my hair and beard. I'm somewhere like 1% gray/white, and it's not even noticeable if you're more than 3 feet away from my face.
  • jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    Welcome to Icrontic Ron
    edited Apr 2010
    Welcome to Icrontic rfbt. I'm sure much Wisdom has come in your 20 years. We welcome that here.

-Bobby
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    It's not all it's cracked up to be. My wife keeps bugging me to dye my hair and beard. I'm somewhere like 1% gray/white, and it's not even noticeable if you're more than 3 feet away from my face.
    Yeah, but I'm talking like completely shock white, not a lil bit white around the edges white. My grandfather on my mothers side went shock white pretty much as soon as he turned 30 (or so he says). My males on my fathers side all seem to just lose their hair. I'm hoping the maternal genetics hold out =/
  • sugarcherylsugarcheryl Surface Of The Sun Member
    edited Apr 2010
    Feel the need to personally introduce myself. My name is Cheryl. I am Bobby1211's Lady. I have heard nothing but the best about IC and all of you ICers. I feel that I already somewhat know all of you by some form of osmosis. :-) Not too sure what if anything I can bring to the table, but I may post from time to time. Probably mostly about health and fitness.....possibly my opinions on some games that I have played. I dunno. Take care of my man when he is at EPIC. :-)
    edited Apr 2010
    <3 !!!
    edited Apr 2010
    Feel the need to personally introduce myself. My name is Cheryl. I am Bobby1211's Lady. I have heard nothing but the best about IC and all of you ICers. I feel that I already somewhat know all of you by some form of osmosis. :-) Not too sure what if anything I can bring to the table, but I may post from time to time. Probably mostly about health and fitness.....possibly my opinions on some games that I have played. I dunno. Take care of my man when he is at EPIC. :-)
    HE LIES!!! Oh wait, I mean... Hi Sugarcheryl. Welcome to my home :wave:
  • edited Apr 2010
    Nice Nice :)
  • GrumpGrump the REAL Northern California New
    edited Apr 2010
    Another old guy joins the site. My hair ain't as white as rfbt's and I only been computing for 18 years, but I'm definitely a senior citizen. Least that's what I tell 'em at the restaurants to get the discount.

I'm a modder from the early 2000's. Had a system featured in CPU Magazine in October 2003. Thought I was done a few years ago, but I recently started a new project out of necessity. Nothing nearly as elaborate as I used to do, but I've been enjoying it.

I think I like sharing as much as the modding and have been having a hard time finding an active community. It ain't like the old days when there was a modding forum on every corner of the ether. It was surprising to discover I didn't actually have an account here. I think I remember this forum being around a long time ago and I thought I had joined just about all of them.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Grump
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    Grump wrote:
    Another old guy joins the site. My hair ain't as white as rfbt's and I only been computing for 18 years, but I'm definitely a senior citizen. Least that's what I tell 'em at the restaurants to get the discount.

I'm a modder from the early 2000's. Had a system featured in CPU Magazine in October 2003. Thought I was done a few years ago, but I recently started a new project out of necessity. Nothing nearly as elaborate as I used to do, but I've been enjoying it.

I think I like sharing as much as the modding and have been having a hard time finding an active community. It ain't like the old days when there was a modding forum on every corner of the ether. It was surprising to discover I didn't actually have an account here. I think I remember this forum being around a long time ago and I thought I had joined just about all of them.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Grump

Welcome, and when you get your current project going, start a thread and show it off. We love that stuff.
    edited Apr 2010
    Grump... age is only physical. Attitude is the key to youth. Welcome to Icrontic. :D
    edited Apr 2010
    Welcome all the New Icrontians!

-Bobby
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited Apr 2010
    Welcome people I haven't greeted yet!
  • mcorbinmcorbin Lancashire, UK.
    edited Apr 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    This is a place for new forum members to say hello, so make 'em feel welcome when they do :)

I stumbled up this site mistakenly and am going to invest some time to get right in there. I look forward to communicating with some of you lovely people from time to time and making friends where possible. Keep grooving now! Thank you very much.
    edited Apr 2010
    Welcome aboard the SS Icrontic :D
  • litenkulitenku Maryland Member
    edited May 2010
    I am here for the achievement. And to introduce myself. As me. Honest!

Oh, and is there something wrong with the "change my avatar" page? I get it as solid black...
    edited May 2010
    Well... welcome to Icrontic
  • Dead_FrozenDead_Frozen Tilton New Hampshire Member
    edited May 2010
    Hiya, guys. Found this site while looking up images for Monster Hunter 3/tri, and decided hell, I'ma sign up. You guys have some really cool stuff on here. I like to play guitar, and am a huge fan of xbox live and PC games.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Hiya, guys. Found this site while looking up images for Monster Hunter 3/tri, and decided hell, I'ma sign up. You guys have some really cool stuff on here. I like to play guitar, and am a huge fan of xbox live and PC games.

Sweet! Glad to have you hear, Frozen! You're with good company here - it's like PC gaming central. Icrontic also has some of the coolest people I've met in the tech world. Sit down and stay awhile. =D
    edited May 2010
    Dead Frozen... WELCOME!!!