If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Star Wars: Episode VII Spoilers. DO NOT READ THIS BEFORE SEEING THE MOVIE.

Comments

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited Jan 2016

@Linc said:

@Signal said:
    Who's grave is Luke standing at?

It's a grave? You're sure?

No, but it looked like a grave. Pile of rocks with headstone thing.

The only picture I could find is a crappy cellphone grab on someone's livejournal. In the shot where you just see a robbed figure before you see his face, you could tell it was a grave.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

i think its for obi wan, but a memorial rather than a grave

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

I try really hard not to go into movies and pick them apart...

What I loved

• Finally a worthy sequel to the original trilogy
    • Rey.... swoon
    • Okay, pretty much everything, except the things listed below
    • The pulled pork sliders I had during the movie... mmmmmm

What I liked

• The sweet potato fries with maple aioli I had during the movie

What I hated

• Another, bigger, Death Star? Really?
    • Very Lonely Luke cliffhanger ending. Goddamnit.
    edited Jan 2016

@ardichoke said:

• Very Lonely Luke cliffhanger ending. Goddamnit.

agreed, it felt like an obligatory Mark Hamill cameo. they could have left it better by just showing rey going somewhere. or no cliffhanger at all, like New Hope. everyone knows there's gonna be another movie. the cliffhanger is unnecessary.

EDIT: maybe they should have asked me

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

That's exactly why Luke was only in the final scene. As soon as he entered, it was going to be a continuation of the Skywalker saga, not the Rey/Finn/Poe/Ren saga they seem to be trying to build. The Luke timing thing was explicitly talked about by JJ, though.

_k
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

Pretty sure the novel already brought to light that Maz is force aware and uses her powers to collect force related (for lack of a better phrase) items including Luke's saber.

-Digi

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Feb 2016

Real talk. I'm just gonna say it - this is seriously one of the best film trailers of all time.

It gets you pumped, it makes you emotional, and it makes you open your wallet. All of that, without spoiling a moment of the core story. Excitement, wonder, feels, all in one. It rules. I love Star Wars.

Also, I need to go see this for a fourth time.

Also, Han Solo's death in this film makes me unreasonably sad.

GargoyleLinc
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

Han Solo's death made me say "about freaking time". Not that I wanted him to die, but that kind of character kind of has to die at some point. He just plays too fast and loose all the time, eventually he's going to roll a natural 1 on a luck save.

Gargoyle
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

But Han has Blaster of Nerf Herding +3!

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian

omg. They NAILED it.

IlriyasprimesuspectLinc
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

BB ON BOARD!

OMG

ardichokeBuddyJ
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian

What if they took a page out of Blade Runner and Rey is some sort of Jedi genetic clone experiment with implanted memory of a family to simply keep her from going insane?

just gonna leave this here.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Hero

ALL THE SPOILERS

Worth the 45 minutes for sure!

-Digi

GHoosdumLinc
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited Feb 2016

"The only thing I can think is that somewhere along the line they added a weiner."

ardichoke

D-:

-Digi

SnarkasmGargoyleAlexDeGruvenGnomeQueenUPSLynx

Nerd tears button please.

primesuspect_kGnomeQueenRyder
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

so I finally watched The Force Awakens and...

-princess searching for an old jedi master: check
    -droid with vital info for rebels/resistance: check
    -force sensitive protagonist on planet covered in sand: check
    -force sensitive protagonist on planet covered in sand good with droids: check
    -force sensitive protagonist on planet covered in sand meets random droid: check
    -force sensitive protagonist on planet covered in sand becomes BFF with droid: check
    -characters escape sand covered planet in ship called Millennium Falcon: check
    -characters go to cantina to find way to escape bad guys: check
    -jedi mind tricked stromtrooper: check
    -stormtroopers are stupid: check
    -weapon of mass destruction(WMD): check
    -WMD blows up a planet: check
    -WMD has a flaw: check
    -WMD infiltrated by force sensitive protagonist from planet covered in sand: check
    -WMD has trash compacter: check
    -WMD destroyed by X-wing: check
    -evil guy wears black and full mask: check
    -evil guy is related to another main character: check
    -evil guy kills another main character: check
    -wookiee: check

...sorry guys, I think I watched A New Hope remastered :orange:

_kKwitko
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

UPSLynx
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited Apr 2016

Daisy looked amazing tonight at the MTV movie awards. 4 inch stilettos and a flattering mini dress.

_k

@fatcat - It gave me exactly what I wanted as a fan. It is a fan service film and I'm okay with that. I suppose you would have to love Star Wars to get it.

_k
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    @fatcat - It gave me exactly what I wanted as a fan. It is a fan service film and I'm okay with that. I suppose you would have to love Star Wars to get it.

I am a Star Wars fan, but it would probably be fair to say that I am more of a fan of the Old Republic/Drew Karpyshyn/Bioware Star Wars than I am of the Lucas/Disney Star Wars

Cliff_Forster

@fatcat said:

@Cliff_Forster said:

I am a Star Wars fan, but it would probably be fair to say that I am more of a fan of the Old Republic/Drew Karpyshyn/Bioware Star Wars than I am of the Lucas/Disney Star Wars

Saying you are not a fan of the Lucas Star Wars is kind of like saying you love Thanksgiving except for the Turkey and Pumpkin Pie.

BuddyJ
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    Saying you are not a fan of the Lucas Star Wars is kind of like saying you love Thanksgiving except for the Turkey and Pumpkin Pie.

I dunno. Thanksgiving's a great holiday but turkey and pumpkin pie are gross foods.