What's your favourite brewery?

2»

Comments

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    I haven't been a huge fan of Lagunitas, but I may have found something to put them on my list:

https://lagunitas.com/beers/cappuccino-stout

That and their imperial stout are their only decent beers I enjoy they put out (and Brown Shugga), everything else they do tastes like weed as a constant reminder "hey, we used to sell weed".

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:

@GnomeQueen said:
    @Cliff_Forster THERE'S A BERGER COOKIES BEER?!?!! DOES IT TASTE LIKE NIRVANA

If you enjoy stout as a rule, but in this case with a buttery velvet sweetness and slightly denser mouth-feel that chocolate cookies add takes it over the edge of indulgence. Not something you want to knock a sixer out on because it is so sweet and rich, but as a beer to taste and enjoy after dinner, Nirvana is fairly accurate.

I NEED THIS BEER OMFG

Cliff_Forster
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian

Top of my list is Central Waters.

They have some fantastic barrel-aged stuff, as well as some solid lighter fair.

Close second would be Surly. A big plus is I can get them on tap here in Dubuque, though very limited selection in that regard.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I feel like we should also turn this thread into a "What's your Untappd handle," so we can all be jealous of each other when drinking beer we can't get where we are.

My Untappd: DontCallMeKelso

I've got to say my favorite small local brewery has to be Alpha Acid, it's owned by some of the guys who worked/owned Ale Arsenal (beer bar near EA, all they do is serve beer, no food). They do a lot of hoppy beers, like really good hoppy beers (one of which is, dare I say, better than Nelson). They also have made some spot on stouts, a coconut/chocolate/oatmeal stout, and a delicious coffee stout, the two together make an even more awesome stout (am credited at the bar with that one). They also make some amazing sours.

oni_dels
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

The one thing the Cleveland beer scene is missing a sour beer brewery. We used to have indigo imp which wild fermented everything but it wasn't really sour. They grew too popular and the owners couldn't didn't want to keep up so they closed the doors instead. Was a sad day.

Also fun facts like 60 percent of the top rated ipas come from new England. Hoppy beers exist every where. For my money though great lakes chillwave can compete with any of them.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

My Untappd: Gearshifter

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

Founders. Hands down.

I also like a lot of beers from Greenbush (love their Anger black IPA), and I've been frequenting Gravel Bottom which is by my work.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Greenbush has some great stuff. Star Chicken Shotgun is one of the few IPAs I actually enjoy.

WagsFTW
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

Bells -- Oberon for hot summer days, Two-hearted Ale, Kalamazoo Stout (yum), Barrel Aged Expedition Stout, Bourbon Barrel Aged Cherry Stout, Special Double Cream Stout

Atwater - Vanilla Java Porter, Decadent Dark Chocolate Ale, Cheery Stout,

New Holland -- Dragon's Milk, Dragon's Milk Reserve with Raspberries

Love me those dark Stouts and Porters... :)

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian
    edited December 2015

i was never a fan of Kona brewing co., but when i was in hawaii for my dads wedding recently, i stumbled headfirst in to their full line up without realizing it until the next day. so much better when you are local. makes me wonder about their distribution policies. i dont think ive had a beer so drastically changed by distance (at least not for such a big brewery)

also love me some hemp ale from humbolt brewing co. (not the one from nectar ales, which is sweeter)

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Sazbean said:
    Bells -- Oberon for hot summer days, Two-hearted Ale, Kalamazoo Stout (yum), Barrel Aged Expedition Stout, Bourbon Barrel Aged Cherry Stout, Special Double Cream Stout

Atwater - Vanilla Java Porter, Decadent Dark Chocolate Ale, Cheery Stout,

New Holland -- Dragon's Milk, Dragon's Milk Reserve with Raspberries

Love me those dark Stouts and Porters... :)

If you love Vanilla Java Porter, give VJ Black a try. It's the same recipe but as an Imperial Stout.

Sazbean
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@XGPHero said:
    i was never a fan of Kona brewing co., but when i was in hawaii for my dads wedding recently, i stumbled headfirst in to their full line up without realizing it until the next day. so much better when you are local. makes me wonder about their distribution policies. i dont think ive had a beer so drastically changed by distance (at least not for such a big brewery)

also love me some hemp ale from humbolt brewing co. (not the one from nectar ales, which is sweeter)

Kona contracts out a brewery I think in Seattle to Brew for their stateside distribution. It would be prohibitively expensive to brew in Hawaii and then ship the beer over. Also being in Hawaii makes every beer taste better.

HeroWagsFTW