Holiday cards have also been on hiatus, and people have expressed desire to revive this exchange. So here are the deets!
- Fill out the information document below NO LATER THAN November 15th.
- Plan to mail PHYSICAL cards, the more creative the better, please no e-cards.
- This is open to ALL OF ICRONTIC, please make sure to look up and include extra postage for our out of country participants.
- Commitment to sending out your cards by Monday December 7th, 2020, don't be a scrooge and sign up without sending or the ghost of Christmas past will haunt your ass.
- I will send out access to a google spreadsheet with all the document information on November 16th so you can start sending.
Secret Santa has been on hiatus since 2014 and I think the shittest year of 2020 deserves some fun, so let's share some fucking cheer and exchange holiday care packages:
To participate please fill out google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSWqfb0suyOjRyLmTDyuVUieIywFydxpY2ifqdsI3TmSQmXw/viewform?usp=sf_link
To participate please commit to these things:
1. We are using Elfster, so it will generate a random list to involve everyone including myself. This means, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE AN ELFSTER ACCOUNT to participate once the emails go out.
2. Commitment to mailing gift to arrive sometime in December, signing up means you will send a gift, please don't leave your poor receiver without a gift.
3. $50 limit of gifts, let's get creative, but please don't go ridiculously outside of set budget. Also know that shipping will most likely tack on $12-15 to this amount.
DEADLINE FOR ENTERIES WILL BE NOVEMBER 15th
Questions, feel free to PM or message me on discord! Let's get gifting
Sweater weather is back and that means a perfect chance to break out those f@h space heaters we all have for the cold winter months. @mas0n loved be toasty all summer in Texas. @drasnor must have the exhaust from his rig connected to a good nozzle to help SpaceX rocket launches.
Lets not leave these warm boys alone at the top of the charts.
This is it. This is what you've been working towards. Every lap. Every hard earned second. A 5 week, 5 track racing series in some of the most well simulated cars in Project Cars 2. Each week points will be awarded and the driver with the most points at the end of week five gets to claim the title of IC Driver of the Year.
So lets lay it all out.
- Drivers will pick one GT3 car to race the whole series. So pick wisely.
- Each race will have a 30 minute qualifying session
- Each race will be 15 laps
- A mandatory pit stop will be in place each race
- Gentleman's agreement to do a tire swap during the pit
- All driving aids will be allowed except the race line
- All races will be in dry weather with the time set to 1pm and date set to the real world date. (This should only change the air and track temps to add variation to the races)
- Track limits will not be enforced by the game, but please try to avoid intentional out of bounds that ruin the spirit of the race
- The Audi R8 is extremely OP. I'm not going to tell you to not race in it, but I'd love to see everyone in something other than the easy mode car.
Here how the points will work. 1st place will get a number of points equal to the number of drivers who sign up. If we get 8 drivers, a first place win will net you 8 points. Second place 7, so on and so forth. If a driver misses a week the points awarded at the end of the race will not change, the driver who misses a week will just receive the last place point allotment of 1. This prevents the point totals from needing adjustments for if someone can't make a race. If two drivers miss a week, both will only get 1 point and the normal allotment of points from 1st place down stay the same.
The tracks. (In order)
Le Mans Circuit Bugatti
Red Bull Ring
Circuit De La Sarthe Sportsland SUGO
Dates for the first week is still TBD but I wanted to get the information together for everyone so we can lock in who wants to race and so all of you can have some time on the tracks to practice the without the race lines. Please let me know who wants in so I can get to the next stage of planning.
I'm really looking forward to this and I hope you are as well.