Awesome new Windows GUI :D

TemplarTemplar You first.
edited April 2004 in The Pub
http://www.hamar.sk/sphere/

3D spherical workspace.. :Pwned:

It's kinda iffy, so you have to work with it to get it scrolling smoothly. Try closing folding and stuff down (anything CPU intensive). Doesn't really take kindly to ATI cards either :(

Comments

• RWBRWB
    edited April 2004
    Then it sucks ;) No ATi? No Windows 2000 Pro? SUX

Cool idea though.
  • edited April 2004
    Sounds like it would LOOK cool, but make actually using the desktop more of a pain.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI
    edited April 2004
    yeha for real, i try to use it, and i have to download 3 different files from three different places, so much pain just to install it already, so i give up.
  • res0r9lmres0r9lm Florida
    edited April 2004
    no ati sucks bunch of lazy bum need to go make decent drivers. I would love to have an ati card but their linux driver is total crap. I was over at rage3d seen some benchmarks of one of the newer ati cards using latest linux driver and I couldn't believe my eyes. If I remember right running glxgears they were boasting 1000 fps to put ths in perspective I get 1250 from a gf2 gts.

Windows is falling behind on technology. 3d desktops have been around for a while now
    http://desk3d.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI
    edited April 2004
    the one u are posting is quiet different from the one Templar posted. yes 3d desktop has been out for a while now, but they never really cought up. i guess all the current 3d desktops just have the cool factor, it actually isn't very helpful in proving more efficent desktop.
  • res0r9lmres0r9lm Florida
    edited April 2004
    Yes I know. They are different. I would have to the windows one would be more productive. There is also freedesktop thats starting to become popular.
  • RWBRWB
    edited April 2004
    I like Linux, but none of my games are on the system, only windows.
    The windows drivers are awsome...
    If I used linux I probably wouldn't own a nice video card anyways.

The drivers don't suck to me, but they do need to get better Linux drivers. But this isn't about a video card now is it? It is about this "new" GUI, which does in fact SUCK.

Maybe after they fix it, but I refuse to "Upgrade" to windows XP from my beloved Windows 2000.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan
    edited April 2004
    I saw that on a video somewhere. Someone from Sun was presenting something similar, but I didn't pay too much attention because the vid was on the computer 2 rows in front of me at lab. Looks cool at least.
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited April 2004
    How do you get this thing to work? I downloaded the first 3 on the list but none of them actually do anything.
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited April 2004
    N/m guys, I got it working. (it sucks by the way)
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited April 2004
    i agree with resor my the performance i get out of my nvidia card in linux is way better then in windows.