Fast

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited October 2005 in The Pub
On Friday 7 October 2005, I'm going to fast. Not for religious reasons. I just feel bad lately, I feel sluggish and acidic from bad foods.

I'm going to consume no sustenance from the time I go to sleep on Thursday night, Until I wake on Saturday morning (when I will have a literal Breakfast). Hopefully, this will cleanse my system, and leave me healthier.

Who's with me on this? Anyone else thinks that they might benefit from a day of fasting, now is the time to do it. It's easier when friends do it together.

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    If I skipped even one meal I'd be shaking so badly and be so weak that I'd fall to the floor most likely :p

I'm pretty sure fasting is not my thing. Have fun without me :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Water is allowed, right?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Yes. I will be drinking plenty of water, I'm sure.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan New
    edited October 2005
    Sounds interesting, and i've been feeling the same way! I'm with you dude, maybe you could PM me thursday and remind me lol! :thumbsup:
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited October 2005
    Fasting aint really what its put out to be...

i know some people who fast every time they run out of money!! lol

fasting is no fun.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    CBDroege wrote:
    On Friday 7 October 2005, I'm going to fast. Not for religious reasons. I just feel bad lately, I feel sluggish and acidic from bad foods.

I'm going to consume no sustenance from the time I go to sleep on Thursday night, Until I wake on Saturday morning (when I will have a literal Breakfast). Hopefully, this will cleanse my system, and leave me healthier.

Who's with me on this? Anyone else thinks that they might benefit from a day of fasting, now is the time to do it. It's easier when friends do it together.
    I'm with ya, man :thumbsup:
    It'll be a good test of my willpower. Assuming I find some to test :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    All the power to you. What is your definition of "bad foods"?
    edited October 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    All the power to you. What is your definition of "bad foods"?

Food that falls in with wrong crowd, and begins a downward spiral of behavior that ends in a fatal shootout with the police in front of a downtown liquor store...

A few weeks ago, I ate the equivalent of an entire pizza between lunch and dinner. That was the last straw for the balance of my system. I got severe heartburn that evening, and have been suffering from a mild acid pain ever since. I'd only rarely had heartburn before, so it was not a problem I expected.

I tried spending a few days eating only very mild foods, but to no avail, my balance was too far upset. I figure that it is time to purge the system completely. Empty it out, and flush it with water... That's what I would do to a food processing machine that was malfunctioning, I hope it works for me.

If nothing else, it will test my willpower and help me to appriciate what I have on every other day.

I'm glad that some of my friends have agreed to do it with me.
    edited October 2005
    CBDroege wrote:
    Food that falls in with wrong crowd, and begins a downward spiral of behavior that ends in a fatal shootout with the police in front of a downtown liquor store...
    man I need to clean out my pantry...
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited October 2005
    Hey man this will be easy! Cuz I'm turning 21 tomorrow and Thursday me and a bunch of buddies are going out to drink, so not eating any food on Friday will be easy :D But yeah I'll definatly give it a shot man.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    What I do to cleanse my system is this:

buy a bottle of generic fiber pills (the generic equivalent of Metamucil caplets)

take literally 40-50 of them before bed

Have a satisfying dump the next morning

do it again that afternoon (you've basically crammed the whole bottle in two days)

big time poop-o.... BIG time that night or the next morning. One time I did this and a fleshy, lined tube came out of me. I mean, seriously. It looked like a pork sausage with a clear, almost see through skin, filled with chunks of ... well, crap. It was about 12 inches long and just massive. I felt so clean. It's like a mucoid lining or something, I'm no doctor, but man it works.
    edited October 2005

buy a bottle of generic fiber pills (the generic equivalent of Metamucil caplets)

do it again that afternoon (you've basically crammed the whole bottle in two days)

big time poop-o.... BIG time that night or the next morning. One time I did this and a fleshy, lined tube came out of me. I mean, seriously. It looked like a pork sausage with a clear, almost see through skin, filled with chunks of ... well, crap. It was about 12 inches long and just massive. I felt so clean. It's like a mucoid lining or something, I'm no doctor, but man it works.

I can't tell if Your joking or not...BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT SM-BYTE, we'll call it the Pork sausage!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    oh I assure you, it's no joke ;D
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited October 2005
    Wow prime, let me tell you, you put a really nasty image in my head. You seemed to have looked at it long enough, you should have poked it with the plunger.
    edited October 2005
    Squill wrote:
    Wow prime, let me tell you, you put a really nasty image in my head. You seemed to have looked at it long enough, you should have poked it with the plunger.

I'm with him! :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Holy cow... :wtf:
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited October 2005
    :shakehead
    Man, I bet you really tie up the bathroom for awhile. I did something similar with a bunch of laxative once. I ended up taking the logest **** of my life. Over an hour and a half of intense defecation. I'll never do that again. But I did feel much lighter after the stomach cramps subsided.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Geez guys! Just eat your vegatables, whole grains, and fruit, and have plenty of water. It's that simple. :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005

:shakehead TOO MUCH FRIGGING INFO BUSTER! ;D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    im down for a nice fast, my eating schedule is so messed up since i started school and working at teh same time. i eat my first, and usually only, meal of the day at like 4pm then a snack before bed at like 2am ish.... so bad i know. this will be the start of me making time to eat correctly, good idea CB.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited October 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Geez guys! Just eat your vegatables, whole grains, and fruit, and have plenty of water. It's that simple. :)
    I agree 100% with Leo. Fasting may give you some 'spiritual' benifit but the body don't like it. Eat properly and get enough sleep, it is simple.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    bothered wrote:
    I agree 100% with Leo. Fasting may give you some 'spiritual' benifit but the body don't like it. Eat properly and get enough sleep, it is simple.

Exactly. I had a similar problem at one point in time (Only much worse from the sounds of things). I had been eating fast food for god knows how long and drinking FAR too much and one night I just about died from heartburn. After that the pain lasted for at least a month and it finally went away after I changed my diet completely. I rarely eat fast food now and I've really cut down on sugars etc. Also, added stress will not help this condition at all I've determined.

Basically, stop eating crap and start eating the good stuff. Work out, eat the good stuff and you'll be fine in a little while. I doubt fasting will help...... and I also don't think Prime's method is very healthy.... And whatever came out of you was probably a tapeworm that died from the fiber overdose. He sacrificed himself for you!!!
    ;D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Fasting isn't healthy.
    And your remedy for the issue sounds more new-wave and neo-hippy than logical.

But, enjoy your hunger.
    edited October 2005
    Nice to see that you guys are concerned, but there are no negative side effects to fasting. It can't hurt me permanently, only produce some mild discomfort for most of a day. I'd like to see how easily I can get thru that kind of situation anyway. It's something good to know about ones self.

As I said, I've tried modifying my diet over the last month or so, and it hasn't helped...

If this doesn't work, I might have to get on one of those acid pills, like Nexium, or whatever it's called, and I would hate to have to do that...
    edited October 2005
    wow prime haha that doesn't sound too natural/safe but hey if it floats your... turd.. lol
    edited October 2005
    Pilotwings: If you really feel faint after missing only one meal, then you should ask the doctor to check your blod/sugar levels next time you go in for a check-up.

Your systenm should be able to compensate for one missed meal, and if it can't, that might be a sign of Diabetes... or wussieness... Either way, you want to catch it early...
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2005

Prime, in front of me is two slices of pizza I saved from last night. I was about to go to the microwave and heat them up to slimy perfection. Now, I don't know what I'm going to do with them, because I'm sure as hell not going to eat them. :scratch:
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited October 2005
    Salt Water Flush......

read about it....learn it....live it.....poop it......
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I've taken to eating Frosted Mini Spooners (the cheap mini wheats) dry for breakfast. Why dry? Cuz I'm lactose-freakin-intollerant. A good handfull of those wheaty badboys not only is filling but the added fiber totally rocks. After a good knee squeezer, I'm ten pounds lighter and walking with a spring in my step. :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    ..After a good knee squeezer, I'm ten pounds lighter...
    A knee squeezer? :wtf:

Oh my, I am dying now... ;D;D;D