I Demand Your Satisfaction!

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    Man I really miss Fatcat but sometimes it feels like he's never even gone. ;)

yea, sometimes I miss that bastard
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2009

I turn my head in derision and walk confidently away, my back turned knowing that you, sir, do not have the gumption to do anything about it.

Is that a challenge?
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Is that a challenge?

isthatachallenge.jpg

?
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2009
    Curiously relevant picture. Go go gadget Disney.
  • edited December 2009
    To little Gimnoc,

Your last post read as though it were taken from the mind of a yipping rat-dog nipping at the heels of its owner. Nevertheless, I will address your grievance utilizing the patience of a father teaching a young boy to ride a bicycle.
    I will paint this town red with your injun blood

At a glance hostile, yes, but if one was to navigate his or her respective browser to the thread regarding books one has been reading recently, one would quickly learn that you are making a doubtlessly shabby attempt at reading a book entitled Blood Meridian, by Cormac McCarthy, and have been enjoying it quite well. It is a good choice, and whoever was kind enough to lend you that book must be quite the gentleman, indeed. But I digress.

Point being, my allusion was to the primary employ of the novel's protagonist: the scalping of native american tribes in Mexico. It was perhaps foolish of me to assume you contained the intellect to forge such a connection. Thus, I apologize for overwhelming your half-bit processor of a mind, and for offending your selectively sensitive sensibilities.

Furthermore, I have seen fit to recommend a new reading list for you, as Blood Meridian has likely sapped whatever will to intellectual stimulation you may surprisingly contain. For someone of your speed and inclination, try dipping into the works of Maurice Sendak, Stephenie Meyer, or even Danielle Steele. These would be about at the outer reaches of your aptitude. If you would like any help with the big words, please let me know.

Your sincere mentor,
    Chip Dapper.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    heeeeheeeee danielle steele .. :Pwned:
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited December 2009
    LOL. I can't stop laughing.

Carry on, Sirs.
  • edited December 2009
    Dearest Grimnoc,

You go ahead and maintain radio silence as you lick your wounds and take days to formulate some lack-luster response.

I'll be waiting for you, wuss-pants.
    edited December 2009
    oh snap! pwned.

If Grimnoc wasn't such a little wussie, I'd tell him to step it up. He's probably afriad that if he replies, he'll have to pay an extra $1.50 in electric billing for the power used while turning on his PC and making the post, before turning it off again.

I mean, he's a conservative dude, what better way to save the optimum amount of money than to not have a life at all?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Man Grimnoc just got sucker punched outta no where by Lynx.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    Man Grimnoc just got sucker punched outta no where by Lynx.

This is true but if he weren't such a flaming puss then he would be defending himself instead of licking his wounds, I never, A man who starts a fight but doesnt follow thru!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    That's not even English.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    oh snap! pwned.

If Grimnoc wasn't such a little wussie, I'd tell him to step it up. He's probably afriad that if he replies, he'll have to pay an extra $1.50 in electric billing for the power used while turning on his PC and making the post, before turning it off again.

I mean, he's a conservative dude, what better way to save the optimum amount of money than to not have a life at all?
    Not only that, but he can't even start a duel properly. "I Demand Your Satisfaction"? What? That doesn't even make any sense. Any proper gentleman knows that the proper way to start a duel is to say simply "I demand satisfaction". You don't want them to be satisfied you fop! You are demanding that they satisfy you with redress of grievances. Now then sir, I demand satisfaction! Apologize to these goodly people for improperly starting a duel and leading your fellow man astray into your twisted world of follies and tomfoolery!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MejtR81RzCo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MejtR81RzCo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    Not only that, but he can't even start a duel properly. "I Demand Your Satisfaction"? What? That doesn't even make any sense. Any proper gentleman knows that the proper way to start a duel is to say simply "I demand satisfaction". You don't want them to be satisfied you fop! You are demanding that they satisfy you with redress of grievances. Now then sir, I demand satisfaction! Apologize to these goodly people for improperly starting a duel and leading your fellow man astray into your twisted world of follies and tomfoolery!

Whew. I've been waiting for someone to come out and say the truth.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    It's like none of them have ever seen E-I-E-I-D'oh!
  • edited January 2010
    Seriously, Grimnoc?

But, seriously?
    edited January 2010
    Chip wins by default, Grimnoc has no balls.
  • edited January 2010
    Forever and ever.

Amen.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited January 2010
    ardichoke wrote:

I hate to say it but I think this is gramatically correct. By saying "I demand your satisfaction" you are implying that the individual already has some sort of satisfaction and by demanding it you are insisting that you take it from them. In other words, I will take your satisfaction, thus making them dissatisfied. If you were demanding that they were satisfied your should be spelt you're as in you are not your as in possesive.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Not really. Let's put it this way: I demand satisfaction gets met with tons of relevant links on the dueling subject matter. I demand your satisfaction is topped with... this Icrontic thread.

You don't care if it's HIS satisfaction; you demand satisfaction, as you've been wronged and require redress. You don't wish dissatisfaction upon the other party, you simply wish to have your wrongs righted.
  • edited January 2010
    I Demand Satisfaction sounds correct to me, but I really don't mind it either way.

As long as the endpoint is Grimnoc face down in the claret.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2010

You need to come to an event, fine sir. An enemy of Grimnoc is a friend of mine.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010

"Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowledge"?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    "I demand satisfaction" is the historically correct phrase. "Your" was not a part of it.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    you guys presume to be on a platform

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HPlZMTpzG38&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HPlZMTpzG38&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hd=1"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    OMG that was awesome.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    "Talking about buying local and... Tweetea..."

HAHAHAHA. OWNED SO FUCKING HARD.
    edited January 2010
    I love how my serious argument portion is missing ... :P

troll successful.

"everybody needs hugs big guy"
    "nope. don't need 'em."

I love this clip.
  • edited January 2010
    I can attest to the fact that Bobby is not the only person who lives in indiana who has seen a film.

There are three of us.