This is why you're single.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    JBoogaloo said:

djmeph said:

I've talked to or been on dates with a handful of women that joked around about having a beard. I wonder what that's all about.

I immediately began thinking, 1970's adult film star "beards". There's my guess.
    You're thinking of "Beards and Bears: A Love Story" and nary a women was involved.
    JBoogaloo
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Tushon said:

JBoogaloo said:

djmeph said:

I've talked to or been on dates with a handful of women that joked around about having a beard. I wonder what that's all about.

I immediately began thinking, 1970's adult film star "beards". There's my guess.
    You're thinking of "Beards and Bears: A Love Story" and nary a women was involved.
    Maybe so, but is it necessary to call out our favorite bedtime story like that?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    djmeph said:

Women on OKCupid love to pretend that they have facial hair, and it goes well beyond marker mustaches. I've talked to or been on dates with a handful of women that joked around about having a beard. I wonder what that's all about.

Maybe awkwardly trying to make conversation because you have so much beard?
    Yup, making conversation cause you have a beard. :D
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    Clearly she's a lot more funny than I am.
    So....Icrontic must have seen that I visited his profile, because he messaged me. :O
    JBoogaloodjmephWagsFTW
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    ONEOFUS
    MAGIC
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Icrontic has been directed to Icrontic them-self. I'm hoping for an explanation.
    Icrontic is a classy one...his opening line was "Are all the girls in Michigan as pretty as you are?"
    MAGICWinfrey
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    You are the most beautiful girl in the, room.
    primesuspectGnomeQueenJBoogalooRahnalH102
    Thraxmidga

Couldn't resist.
    ickybodclayWagsFTWmidga
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I upvote pokemon.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    oh my fucking shit.... Amy Shart Song

Date her IMMEDIATEMENTE
    ickybodclay
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    "Let me play you the song of my people"

"No, no, that's cool..."
    djmephPirateNinjamidgaBuddyJ
  • ickybodclayickybodclay Madison Heights, MI Member
    Favorite instrument: tuba. Favorite food: beans. Works at a butt medicine factory. Amy Shartsong
    ThraxprimesuspectdjmephJBoogaloo
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I read it as 'Amy sharts Ong' and was wondering what she could eat that would produce this.

Cuz I bet lotsa ladies want to reproduce that diet.
    primesuspectmidgakimono54
  • omg Amy Shart Song... I just laughed so hard that Farnsworth came running into the room thinking it was silly play time.

I do need to point out that a year ago I met this nerd from OKCupid. It turned out that he was way cuter than his pictures, and he liked good bourbon.

Also, putting time and effort into a dating site trying to find some one amazing (too late, Lincoln & I both deleted our profiles) can be frustrating and sometimes seem hopeless. Having people that don't understand basic astronomy, or who call themselves Amy Shart Song gives every one a good laugh and makes the whole thing more fun.
    RahnalH102primesuspectJBoogalookimono54
    Nemikan said:

I think this article summarize how a lot of these sites end up which causes the girls to not send messages, and the guys to not get responses:
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/violetblue/ten-fake-profiles-one-okcupid-experiment-okcupid-on-trial/1405

It took 2 months, 13 days for the most popular woman’s inbox to fill up. At the current rate it would take the most popular man 2.3 years to fill up his.

My inbox just filled up after about 2.3 years on the dot. I'm the most popular man on OKCupid!
    RahnalH102JBoogalooGnomeQueenmidga
  • Icrontic is a classy one...his opening line was "Are all the girls in Michigan as pretty as you are?"

Immediately made me think of this song:

My mind is easily derailed v0v
    What does it mean when a girl takes down her profile after one date with you? Does that mean she likes me? Oh God what's happening. It's me, Margaret.
    WagsFTWkimono54
  • djmeph said:

What does it mean when a girl takes down her profile after one date with you? Does that mean she likes me? Oh God what's happening. It's me, Margaret.

It means she's so disturbed by you that she has decided to forsake modern life, remove her presence from the Internet and relocate to a remote convent where she will live out her days in quiet simplicity. Clearly.
    GnomeQueenJBoogaloo
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    djmeph said:

You've convinced someone celibacy is the answer.

ardichokeJBoogaloo
    I hope not we're supposed to go out again on Thursday.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Then it's a good sign. Good luck!
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    That or she's super easily attached. In that case you better start picking out your wedding tux after Thursday night :)
    She seems legit.
    JBoogaloo
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    djmeph said:

It could be a combination of liking you and not wanting to get any more messages from more guys. Good luck!

Side note, nice reference to one of my favorite adolescent books. :)