This is why you're single.

Comments

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    It's National Review. That's ground central for crazytown.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Actually... this kinda sums it up. Everything is fine and dandy, then they start talking... :P

I laughed...Same with women.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I've been loosely following this thread for general Icrontic reasons (funny yet quite informational,) and just to glean some dating tips/experiences. I do this because I found no one right enough to even begin to click with me back in my hometown (was a small place.) So no practice at all.

Now that I'm out and about in the world, I'm meeting more types of people and learning more about who I'm looking for. So thank you for all the indirect help!

Now a funny story:
    Recently met a girl that really started to click with me. Shares many interests, beliefs and more. I was actually working up the nerve to ask her out, in the mean time I'm just being a friend, helping out with school work, and just talking/having fun. One day we're talking and I indirectly learn that she already has a daughter and a boyfriend/fiance.
    {insert sadpanda.jpg}

Regardless, that's no reason to not be friends at least, and we still are and have a grand ol' time.

I'll just keep looking elsewhere in the meantime.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The friendzone is... well, it's a terrible place to be, my friend. My sympathies.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    The friendzone is... well, it's a terrible place to be, my friend. My sympathies.
    Right up until the day that she wanders off randomly and, a few minutes later, you hear her yell from your bedroom that she's naked in your bed.

Not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything...
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    ...learn that she already has a daughter and a boyfriend/fiance.
    {insert sadpanda.jpg}
    I hate it when that happens. I feel your pain! I'm glad you're taking it so good.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Right up until the day that she wanders off randomly and, a few minutes later, you hear her yell from your bedroom that she's naked in your bed.

Not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything...
    Hahaha! Riiiiiiight.

Thank you for the sympathies though.

As for the friend zone, I'm OK with it. It's definitely better then nothing, and I could sure as heck use more friends. Plus it's not the awkward friend zone thank goodness.
    Plus it's not the awkward friend zone thank goodness.

Not yet...been there
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    I've been loosely following this thread for general Icrontic reasons (funny yet quite informational,) and just to glean some dating tips/experiences. I do this because I found no one right enough to even begin to click with me back in my hometown (was a small place.) So no practice at all.

Now that I'm out and about in the world, I'm meeting more types of people and learning more about who I'm looking for. So thank you for all the indirect help!

Now a funny story:
    Recently met a girl that really started to click with me. Shares many interests, beliefs and more. I was actually working up the nerve to ask her out, in the mean time I'm just being a friend, helping out with school work, and just talking/having fun. One day we're talking and I indirectly learn that she already has a daughter and a boyfriend/fiance.
    {insert sadpanda.jpg}

Regardless, that's no reason to not be friends at least, and we still are and have a grand ol' time.

I'll just keep looking elsewhere in the meantime.
    Get that bitch a jewel... Bitches love jewels.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    And that’s just the women who were fortunate enough to find husbands in the first place. Others put off marriage indefinitely — until they decide they want a baby. Trouble is, they can’t find men who are willing to marry them.
    Then there's this quote that scares the shit out of me. But damn... that is harsh.
    As a guy, I have this thought and it keeps me up at night.
    Not yet...been there.
    Well if it did it'd only be for me because she doesn't know. Is it awkward if only one feels it?

Get that bitch a jewel... Bitches love jewels.
    !@#$ just jewels, I'm an artisan! I can make a stained glass window illustrating one's greatness! Or an ornamental shield/blades that would look pretty dang sweet and could still work well. Being that we're both art majors that might go over better.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Nothing says love quite like a jewel encrusted sword. Do it!!
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being friends with someone who you originally intended on dating. In my case, that happens a lot, because my relationships with women are almost always complicated by some desire, sometimes strong, sometimes not as much, to have a sexual relationship with them. It's just the way we are designed. We all need to learn how to compartmentalize better when it comes to relationships with the opposite sex, or the gender we are sexually attracted to.

What sucks for all of us, regardless of gender or sexual identity, and this is what most of us refer to when we talk about being "friendzoned," is that we sometimes feel like the other person should think about you in a sexual way, or have a desire for a romantic relationship, based on the fact that you get along well as friends. This stems from our own insecurities, and it's not a quality very many people find attractive. Chances are if you are hearing "It's not you, it's me" a lot. It's probably you, and they think you're too fragile to handle the truth. Especially if you're the type of person that whines a lot about being nice and getting friendzoned all the time.

Think of it as a test. Some people, especially if they know what they want in life and relationships, will judge whether or not they think it would work out romantically based on how you treat them as a friend. They may be looking for someone with a spine, who is assertive, confident, and knows what they want. They may like you as a person, but if they think you are telling them what they want to hear, sense a lack of confidence, or observe that you have difficulty making decisions, that is probably why they put you in the friendzone, and that's where you will stay until you grow a spine.

I had a situation like this last year. We were both single. We had gotten along in the past, but only talked to each other sporadically because we knew each other through mutual friends. When I first met her, I was very attracted to her and I really liked who she was as a person. We started hanging out, and became better friends, and my feelings for her started getting stronger and stronger. I wanted to show her what I was all about, and that I was down for her no matter what. Our friendship grew strong, and she knew where I stood as far as that was concerned. She tried to use me a few times, and I stood my ground. Eventually she started to realize that I was sincere, and she became more and more attracted to me, and started developing romantic feelings for me.

We never really took the next step in our relationship, but that was because I started to see her for who she really was. It wasn't that I didn't like her, but her values had changed a lot since I first met her, and I could tell we wanted different things now. Unfortunately, when she understood that I wasn't interested in a romantic relationship at that point, she kind of fell off the face of the Earth and we barely talk anymore. It made me realize that our relationship wasn't as strong as I had thought it was.

For me, if I'm going to settle down with someone in a relationship, I want to know first-and-foremost that we have a good friendship and that we have each other's back. Because as some point, all the sparks and the flames and the wonderful feelings will be gone, and your friendship is all that you're going to be left with. I have found that there are many women out there who feel the same way. Not everyone out there is playing games and trying to win.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    For me, if I'm going to settle down with someone in a relationship, I want to know first-and-foremost that we have a good friendship and that we have each other's back. Because as some point, all the sparks and the flames and the wonderful feelings will be gone, and your friendship is all that you're going to be left with. I have found that there are many women out there who feel the same way. Not everyone out there is playing games and trying to win.
    I completely agree with this. Friendship is the necessary foundation for any healthy relationship. It's not always fireworks, butterflies, and barfing unicorns. But if you trust one another, got each other's back, support one another, and respect each other, you have something rare, and the romance, fireworks, and butterflies are the sprinkles for that giant delicious cupcake.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Oh, and I forgot to add communication to that necessary list.
    Not yet...been there.
    Well if it did it'd only be for me because she doesn't know. Is it awkward if only one feels it?
    It's not so much awkward for one as it is frustrating. But, then it gets REALLY awkward when both feel it. Then things may begin to step into the realm of morally questionable decisions. It usually ends up not working out for both. Sometimes it does, but not in the few experiences I've had or been privy to.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Over 27ish. Is that like, 27.5, but not 27.0? Glad to see she has an actual human head on her shoulders, though. That's promising.
    I love those women with heads on their shoulders. I hate when they have necks.
    @RyanMM If a girl doesn't have a neck, how do you turn her on? EGADS
    I always put duct tape over the "off" button, so that you never have to worry about turning them on.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I like how her discrete age range was apparently too specific, so she also spelled it out separately with a little added leeway.
    I prefer a woman with a head on her elbow. Knee would also be acceptable.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2012
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I could watch that gif all day long and never stop laughing.
    I want a high-res version of that. SO. BADLY.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Friend Zone Level: Bridge
    Gargsharkydart
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2012

Friend Zone Level: Chair
  • @Magic - Ever seen Juno? Two friends, a chair.....