Lets make some music?

IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy CanadianToronto, Ontario
edited April 2012 in Bronies
So this is a followup to a discussion topic from our last official stream and in some ways a physical reminder that this is something that I should (and hopefully with your help) will do.

Recently as I mentioned I've been screwing around with music synthesizers, DJ programs, etc. I'm getting a little better (I think) at creating beats and the like (If I can get access I'll upload some of the ones I feel are at all decent here at a later date, or most likely when I finally make something I feel fit to upload)

My problem however is twofold and perhaps a few of you guys can help, as I remember a few of you guys said 'go for it' and I believe @UPSLynx said I should make a Trixie song.

1. Lyrics: I can't write lyrics for shit, I've tried and I can't get something that fits and in my mind it's a lot easier to make music fit the lyrics as opposed to making lyrics fit the music.

2. Singing: If we do go ahead with this we need someone who can sing aka not me, now anyone who's played LoL or other games with me knows that I do sing certain songs on occasion the number that I can sing, and frankly my ability to sing them without causing severe pain to others is debatable.

So uh yeah who's up for making some music, hell with enough work we may be able to make something good!

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA
    I'd be interested in lending a hand in it, why not, right? Once a few more get onboard maybe we can start to sort out who wants to dive into what? I KNOW I can't sing, but lyrics certainly wouldn't be a thing I'd shy away from trying ;)
  • I've always been good at making lyrics... I can help!
    As long as I know the beat and what the song's about... :3
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)>
    Fuck you, Ily.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    What I put this up here right after the stream for everyone to help out.

I mean people can work together to help with lyrics and I certainly need help with making beats.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)>
    Oh, sorry, typo. I meant "As I said a couple times before I'd be happy to help you with lyrics." The keys are right next to each other.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    I apologize for not coming to you first. Is it wrong to say I assumed you'd be first to reply?

Anyways you can be in charge of lyrics as we agreed at the stream. I still however need someone with more knowledge of synthesizing programs than myself and someone who can (Or claims to be capable of) singing because again I suck.