Meet Tank!

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville with a "P"
edited May 2012 in The Pub
We recently got a new puppy and decide to name him Tank. For now I would like for people to guess as to what breed he is but will throw in a few clues. We got him at 12 weeks old and he already went 36 pounds! In the past 12 days he has gained 13 pounds and increased in size rather noticeably. The vet, who has 2 of the same breed says he will get to be 100 to 110 pounds, which is what his parents weigh. He is very gentle and sweet but does not back down for anything even as a baby. This is the "red leopard" color and is the largest of the different variations in the breed. This breed has been accepted into the AKC but the people involved with the breed refused to participate. They beleive that the breed would loose out as a whole. If in the AKC they would be bred for pretty and not the temperment , intelligence and character need for the job of the breed. They are used for cattle and hunting wild boar and mountain lion. One of these dogs can take on a 400 pound wild boar! There is no Pit in him (although he is already as big as a Pit) and he is 100% of his breed. Thats all the clues for now.

imageimageimage

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    Holy crap that's a big dog, little more than 14 weeks and he's already that big? That's crazy my puppy's a standard poodle and he looks to be about as big as your puppy and he's a year old!

Not going to take a guess at the breed as I'll likely get it wrong! :D
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)>
    Looks like a Catahoula. He's a very pretty dog :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    What a great looking dog!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville with a "P"
    Looks like a Catahoula. He's a very pretty dog :D
    @midga Yes, you got it exactly correct. Most people do not seem to know of the breed. He has been so awesome as to how very fast he has been learning. It is often hard to beleive that he is just a puppy by the way he acts and learns new things. He house trained in 9 days and has only had 1 accident since.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related
    Looks like a Pug to me. I fucking love Pugs!