HHHHNNNNGGGGGGG

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
PicoBrew Zymatic

Want. Looks like the retail version will be available this coming summer for around $2000.

Of course, if someone wanted to chip in I'd be more than happy to brew batches for them :D

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Man. I almost want to start drinking to pick that up.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    oh man. I want, but I want to try before buy.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I think the community needs to come together to put one of these in ICHQ.
    BuddyJSignal
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    I... It's... I am... *Cries for twenty minutes before returning*... IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    The video makes it sound like you have beer in 3.5 hours. What they mean is you have the liquid to ferment and turn into beer, right?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    That's what I gather. It's more of an 'Automatic Wort Maker' than an automatic beer maker.
    GHoosdum
  • You're right. The Zymatic is meant to control the wort recipe to maintain consistency of end product, but all the machine does is produce the wort. It must still undergo fermentation in a separate vessel.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Ryder said:

The video makes it sound like you have beer in 3.5 hours. What they mean is you have the liquid to ferment and turn into beer, right?

Yes, that is correct. It's automating the brewing process, not the fermentation process.
  • Isn't this roughly equivalent to what @magic built?
    Probably, but way more automated.
  • Maybe if we raised 2k for an IC brewer we could challenge our team of genius in house engineers to make our own super automated thing. Mertesn, you and I could try and write software for it. I've been wanting to get in to robotics as a hobby. Not sure how much interest, time, money people would want to put in but it's a fun idea. Or we could just keep it easy and get this thing. I really like the idea of ICHQ being equipped with brewing equipment though. Hopefully I get a bonus this year and I can contribute to the cause!
    I'd rather just buy the machine and get to brewing.

BTW, I finished building a jockey box last weekend. Two chiller lines with room to expand to three. This weekend is the first test. I'll post pics later.
    PirateNinja
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I'd be down for donating if everyone else is. I mean, donations lead to Mertes Brewed beer on a more than annual basis? I'm completely ok with this :)
  • Here's the thing. @mertesn makes beer that is SO good already, this machine will only serve to up the pressure for him to quit his real job and open a brewery.

I mean, hell yeah, I'll chip in.
    mertesnUPSLynx
    GHoosdum said:

Here's the thing. @mertesn makes beer that is SO good already, this machine will only serve to up the pressure for him to quit his real job and open a brewery.

Challenge accepted.