The Winter Pics thread

oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French CanadianMontréal, Québec.
yeeeaaah, that time of year again. for those of you south enough you just take out your wind jacket cause "it's getting chilly in here".
for the northern most peeps, it's battle gear attire.
anyways, post your wonderful winter and holidays pics in here.

and that's what happen in my neck 'o the woods sunday

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA
    California winter is best winter.

oni_delsmidgaTeramonaGnomeQueen
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA
    In Texas winters, we'll have you go from high 70s to low 30s/high 20s in <12 hours, to ice storms that shut off power for a quarter million people and back to 70 again in a week.
    oni_dels
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)>
    In Texas winters, we'll have you go from high 70s to low 30s/high 20s in <12 hours, to ice storms that shut off power for a quarter million people and back to 70 again in a week.</blockquote>

It's pretty fantastic, really.
  • I'd love some 70 degree weather right about now.
    oni_dels
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas
    Oh Texas, where you can run in shorts and no shirt throughout Winter.
    oni_dels
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA
    Oh that storm was bad enough that they cancelled the Dallas marathon. (I imagine @_k_ knows this, but for everyone else's "texas is just hot" benefit :P )
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec.
    In Texas winters, we'll have you go from high 70s to low 30s/high 20s...
    just so you know it's -2F right now up here, with winds it feels like -20F.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    edited December 2013
    I would rather be in my old, hot room back in PR that lacked A/C than be in this wintery snow. Fuck that!

Also, driving in the snow is like operating a Fisher Price toy car. Steering wheel be like "you mad bro?". ;[
    primesuspectErrorNullTurnipmidgaUPSLynx
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know
    PirateNinjamidgaGnomeQueenmertesn
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA
    I'd love some 70 degree weather right about now.
    YOU LEFT US. YOU HAD IT ALL AND YOU GAVE IT AWAY.
    GnomeQueenBobbyDigi
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia
    edited December 2013
    Snow, Snow and moar Snow...
    oni_dels
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep
    oni_dels
    primesuspectoni_delsZanthian
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway
    Also, driving in the snow is like operating a Fisher Price toy car. Steering wheel be like "you mad bro?". ;[
    Do you drive stick?

Also, so jelly of you guys. Fuck this global climate change stuff, taking our snow away! Do you hear me, Al Gore?! I'll hunt you down for this!

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Do you drive stick?
    Never had the opportunity to learn and neither of our cars is a manual.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway
    @blackHawk too bad. Automatics aren't really made for slippery conditions.
  • @Jokke I drive a manual, and I would love any pointers you have for snow/ice driving. All that I tend to do is drive very slowly.
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN
    outside my workplace on saturday. needless to say I was the only one who made it in
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden
    As a swedish citydweller, this is the snow I get.

Then it freezes over the night and the ground becomes a rock hard, slipper and uneven mess... I hate winter, all 12 months of it.
    oni_delsSignalBasilmidga
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN
    Pic published in the Indy Star, found in Speedway, IN. NO IDEA how they did it.
    UPSMatLmidga
    FUCK THIS WINTER
    Creeperbane2
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    YESSS! More snow!
    ErrorNullTurnip
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    I miss snow.
  • I miss snow.
    I do too, but my reason is different. We have had a few unusual 50 degree days, so all of our snow has melted. However, we still keep having temperatures in the -10 to 25 degree range. This combination has resulted in frost reaching down 27 inches instead of the usual 13 inches. So it looks like we are going to have more flooding this spring.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/extreme-cold-sinking-deep-into-iowa-soil/-/9357080/24208584/-/5s0h7vz/-/index.html
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    Aw yiss. snow.
  • I'm almost starting to think this winter is telling me I should get my snowboard down, wax it and sharpen the edges. I always said I'd get back into it when I lost weight.... now I'm 130lbs lighter and I still haven't been on my board since college.
    primesuspect
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London?
    @ardichoke That's not a bad idea. I feel like I've been goin' stir-crazy. Time to embrace this next snow storm.
  • I really feel bad for my dog, all this snow combined with the fact that half the jerks that live in my neighborhood don't shovel their sidewalks has resulted in a lack of walkies for him. Which makes him go a little stir crazy. Luckily I'm a sucker for his fuzzy face and I pay for him to go to daycare or he'd be absolutely insane by now.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    Your dog doesn't like walking through snow? My little guy can barely keep his head above the snow-line where it IS shoveled, he just makes a game of it and runs headlong through the snow drift, never a happier dog than one that can disturb a pile of leaves or a mound of snow.
    GnomeQueen