NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014

13»

Comments

• edited May 2014

@oni_dels said:

i. have. no. clue. whatsoever.

>

wtf happened?!
    (it ended 7-2, not that it changes anything)

The injury to Price pretty clearly had a big effect on that game. After watching the replay a bunch of times, I really think the league should have looked at that for potential disciplinary action. The way he extended his leg as he fell looked to me like he was gunning for Price... plus it isn't the first time he's gone after a goalie from what I've read. Hate to see someone knocked out of the game because of a reckless play like that.

Video of the incident (jump to the 5:10 mark to see the angles)... it's the part where he brings his back foot through, straight into Price's leg, blade first that really makes me think that he was taking advantage of the situation to try and bang up Price:

oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec.

and on last game, they started with Tokarsky in the net instead of Budaj, for some still unknown to me reason.
    this is not going well...

• @oni_dels said:
    and on last game, they started with Tokarsky in the net instead of Budaj, for some still unknown to me reason.
    this is not going well...

Budaj's record in the playoffs is abysmal (once again, this is just from what I've been reading as I didn't really follow the Habs prior to their series with the Bruins). He hasn't played many playoff games, but his GAA is 4.69, his save percent is a terrible .860 and he hasn't gotten a single playoff win. Of course, he also hasn't PLAYED many playoff games (6), and at some point you just need to give your backup a chance to play... but that's just my opinion.

The cynical part of me thinks that the Montreal coaching staff have essentially ceded the series and are just getting Tokarski some playoff experience to see if he is ready to bring up as Price's backup next season.... because while Budaj's regular season numbers are okay for a backup, he does seem to buckle in the playoffs, and you gotta have a reliable backup in the playoffs because shit happens.

oni_dels
  • edited May 2014

Of course, I go and say such things about the Montreal coaching staff cedeing the series, and then Tokarski stands on his head in game 3 to keep the Habs in the series. If he keeps up that kind of play, we might just have a competitive Eastern Conference final after all.

Choochoni_dels

habs loss, but kings won. and i bet a 6-pack with my roommate on that one, so i'm happy.

kings vs rangers, I'm saying kings in 6

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London?

No cup this year. oh well, still a great season. gg LA.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI

Chicago vs. LA in my opinion was one of the better series in recent history.

oni_delsGnomeQueenpigflipper
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff

I'm a Kings fan now. The Rangers are not allowed to win the Cup.

Choochpigflipper
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London?

How I feel this morning

GnomeQueenpigflipper
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast

As a Kings fan, I was on the edge of my seat the entire series. The Hawks are a damn good team, better than anything in the East and they played like it, for the most part. Last night was one of the better games I have ever seen and it came down to Mr. Game 7 (Justin Williams) to make a nice pass to Martinez to end the game. Only knock on the series were the number of stupid penalties we took; thankfully our PK is damn impressive especially against a team as good as Chicago.

Next up: LA vs NY. Kings in 6, if only because they have already played 21 games this postseason.

GO KINGS GO!

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth
    edited June 2014

pigflippertrooster89
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA

I blame late end to the 2013 season, the one the Blackhawks won, The short off-season, the team with the most players on 2014 Winter Olympics (10)...

The Rangers had 7 players in the Olympics.
    The Kings 6 players in the Olympics.
    The Rangers were out of last year's Playoffs in the second round.
    Kings were out in the Western Conference Finals.
    The next closest teams with 9 players, Red Wings and Blues, were both bounced in the first round this year.
    Boston battled the Hawks for the cup last year and only had 5 players in Olympics and lost in the second round this year.

So... no team had so many players play so many games in the last year as the Hawks... Give'm a full off-season, a few tweaks to the roster and we'll see the Hawks back in the finals in 2015.

• This Stanley Cup matchup:

VS.

oni_delsMiracleManSpigflipper
    edited June 2014

for those of you that didn't know about the Habs/Jimmy Fallon bet...
    well..

you can also see Youppi and Montreal in all it's glory...
    http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=623068&catid=66

Poor Youppi =(

oni_dels
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff

KINGS!

GO KINGS GO! The Beard is going strong and I will have pics before I shave it.

oni_dels
    edited June 2014

Ranger rolled a 20, learned the skill revive, got +1 charisma and +2 vitality

Kwitkotrooster89

And The Beard continues until at least Friday night.