Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI

Hell I don't look as good right now!

_kCliff_Forster
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario

_kUPSLynx
  • AMAZING.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico

_kCanti
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI

RahnalH102
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth

I'm rewatching all of the movies right now. So far I've concluded that the only good thing about the first three movies is the overuse of R2D2's "scream" noise.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri

Rewatching 4-6 reminds me how much I disliked 95% of the stuff they added with the special editions.

Choochardichoke
  • edited December 2015

@Winfrey said:
    Rewatching 4-6 reminds me how much I disliked 95% of the stuff they added with the special editions.

... and yet they refuse to release the originals on any updated media anymore, even as a special feature. I grabbed Empire on DVD from the one run that had the original film on a second disc. I really wish I had grabbed New Hope and Jedi as well. :angry: Hell, I wish I had bought a few, box sets of the DVDs that had the original theatrical films are going for ~$370 new on Amazon or ~$230 used. If only I had realized 7 years ago that Lucas was going to refuse to release the original, unaltered films in any updated format I could have turned a healthy profit. As it is, I could sell the copy of Empire that I have for at least $50... and I paid less than $20 for it at the time.

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast

I have tickets for the second showing, 10:30 Thursday night. They were my birthday gift from my girlfriend...

And I might not get to go. We had to fire two of the four people who work on the kitchen line in the past two days just as we are hitting our busy season: one because he no-showed after getting a "second job" and one because he no-showed yesterday after getting drunk on payday (also yesterday). I was informed last night that all time off requests for the kitchen are now on hold even though I asked off over a month ago.

I am livid. The tickets were the only physical gift my girlfriend gave me for my birthday. I might be jobless come the 17th as a result.

Cliff_ForsterGarg

@Winfrey said:

I'd bet good money when VII comes out for home release, we'll see a box set of 1-7 with 4-6 w/o the bs

JBoogaloo
  • @pigflipper said:
    I have tickets for the second showing, 10:30 Thursday night. They were my birthday gift from my girlfriend...

And I might not get to go. We had to fire two of the four people who work on the kitchen line in the past two days just as we are hitting our busy season: one because he no-showed after getting a "second job" and one because he no-showed yesterday after getting drunk on payday (also yesterday). I was informed last night that all time off requests for the kitchen are now on hold even though I asked off over a month ago.

I am livid. The tickets were the only physical gift my girlfriend gave me for my birthday. I might be jobless come the 17th as a result.

Call the theater, I can't imagine they can't put those tickets back into the pool and exchange for a new time for you. The sooner you do it the more likely they will be cool about it. Depending on the establishment the kid running the window may have no clue what to do but a manager should be able to make that arrangement for you. With a week till showtime it isn't like they are going to have trouble re selling them, they probably have someone asking them every five minutes.

Already tried, it requires the card originally used to purchase the tickets, which my girlfriend has...700 miles away on location for a film shoot until the 22nd.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri

@DontCallMeKelso said:

@Winfrey said:

I'd bet good money when VII comes out for home release, we'll see a box set of 1-7 with 4-6 w/o the bs

Know something I do not, do you?

• @pigflipper said:
    Already tried, it requires the card originally used to purchase the tickets, which my girlfriend has...700 miles away on location for a film shoot until the 22nd.

Well I've found new work inside a week! It can be done. Try not, do or do not....

Joking aside that sucks. It's such a little thing, to find that little bit of time for yourself. Any good employer understands that. Unfortunately good employers are hard to come by.

Its more like good employees are hard to find.

JBoogaloo

@Winfrey said:

@DontCallMeKelso said:

@Winfrey said:

No, I'm just assuming Disney is going to be as smart with Star Wars home media releases as they have been with Marvel.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan

@DontCallMeKelso said:

@Winfrey said:

@DontCallMeKelso said:

@Winfrey said:

No, I'm just assuming Disney is going to be as smart with Star Wars home media releases as they have been with Marvel.

The problem with this is that Disney does not own the distribution rights for A New Hope. Fox does. And we all know how well it goes when Fox has their hands on something we love (I'm looking at you Fantastic 4).

On the plus side, if you own copies of the movies already, you are able to (without repercussion, at least in the US) download the "Despecialized edition", which is a fan-edit made using every original bit of source material they could get their hands on. HD upscaling for the SD content and across-the board color/contrast correction (without much of the things I griped about in my rant during the BluRay release) and none of the crap that made the SE so terrible.

• Carrie Fisher's daughter, why is my mind wandering to the slave bikini?

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX

Trailer's that will be showing with Ep VII leaked (for lack of a better phrase)

-Digi

• So what if Carrie Fisher's daughter is actually Han and Leia's child, and Rey and Finn are really just new characters?

@pseudonym said:
    So what if Carrie Fisher's daughter is actually Han and Leia's child, and Rey and Finn are really just new characters?

I honestly think she just got a role because family, don't think actually Han and Leia's child... or at least I hope

@BobbyDigi said:
    Trailer's that will be showing with Ep VII leaked (for lack of a better phrase)

It's missing Star Trek which is the big one that people know is gonna be shown. Out of all of those, though, Deadpool is the one I want to see most

Okay folks... here's the real question, so we can remain spoiler free for as long as possible, please post what time you're seeing the movie/what day.

@UPSLynx and myself are seeing it Thurs 12/17 19:30PST

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI

Thursday 12/17 10:30 EST

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX
    edited December 2015

12/17 7:0030AMPM PST

-Digi

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan

Thursday 12/17 at 1900 EST.

Also NEW DEADPOOL TRAILER YESSSSSS!