Poutine

oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French CanadianMontréal, Québec. Icrontian
edited January 2015 in The Pub

"Whether you’re drunk, high, or just a Montrealer, poutine is one thing everyone around the city can agree on. "

BECAUSE BEST FOOD IS BEST.

(a quick history of this mythical feast, althought fuck their version, Drummondville can suckass, it's from Victoriaville.... (this is actually a big war up here. to claim to be the birthplace of poutine is a mather of life or life without saying i'm sorry.)

Ilriyas

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Just had some for lunch at Mercury Bar.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

We just had a Smoke's Poutinerie open up here in the Bay Area two months ago. First had it in Vancouver and it was absolutely delightful. Can't wait to hit the local one and see if it stacks up.

oni_dels
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

OMFG YOU HAVE SMOKES THERE? FUCK OFFFF

Well, to be fair, we COULD go to Smokes if we drove to London, ON, which is about 1.5 hours away, but still....

FUCK OFFFF

On a side note: We FINALLY have real poutine in Detroit at Brooklyn Street Local.

oni_delsUPSLynx
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

@Primesuspect There's no Smokes in Windsor?

On the note, found ONE Smokes in Toronto that is feasibly within travelling distance. It's on the other side of the city which is an hour and a bit.

Someday I will crave poutine enough to make the trek but not in the recent months.

oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@Ilriyas said:
    Someday I will crave poutine enough to make the trek

i call these days "sunday hangover brunch"

Ilriyas

A Windsor Smokes is currently under construction according to their website. Smooth half-hour?

Wonder what the Border Guard response will be.

oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

also @Ilriyas, i know Poutineville open up in Toronto. you should DEF check them out. we have 2 in Montréal, and it's one of the best. (here they have local craft beer on tap too...)

Ilriyas

Will do

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    OMFG YOU HAVE SMOKES THERE? FUCK OFFFF

Well, to be fair, we COULD go to Smokes if we drove to London, ON, which is about 1.5 hours away, but still....

FUCK OFFFF

On a side note: We FINALLY have real poutine in Detroit at Brooklyn Street Local.

QFT. But double fuck you for having real poutine nearby.

UPSLynx
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

We have a Papadeaux in Cincinnati. Not sure that compares to Smokes. I never had poutine, but o really enjoyed the boudin