Ad Aware funny

RWBRWB
edited June 2006 in The Pub
I just wanna know... does anyone else jump when Ad Aware finishes searching for Adware? That damned noise scares the bejesus outta me every time :hair:

Made my Pit Bull jump even just now :bigggrin:

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan
    edited June 2006
    yea, when i'm not expecting it and I hear it its like "wtf"...!
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas
    edited June 2006
    I've been scared a couple times by it.. usually when I'm listening to music real loud and forget I have that running in the background, so when it finishes it makes that noise extra loud and scares me :p
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2006
    Oh, there's one sound that really sucks.

For One-Click Backup (WinRAR scheduler), it used to have a sound file that would play when it failed to do its duty. It was a really annoying clip of a chicken going, "buckbuck... BUGAWK!" For some reason I had forgotten to turn down my speakers before going to bed, and my backup drive was turned off. Scared the CRAP out of me at 3 am. Flew out of bed and looked around, confused, for a little bit. Then I figured it out, and wrote this bizarre message to myself: SOVNRDS. I think I was trying to say SOUNDS. I think.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida
    edited June 2006
    Haha. I was giving a presenation on how to remove Spyware at one point and decided to run the application on the computer I was using. I started the scan, then went back to the Powerpoint I was doing. Apparently the previous presenter had left the volume at max. Needless to say, the entire classroom jumped about 6 feet into the air when Ad-Aware was done scanning. It was rather hilarious.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Great story, entropy. ;D

If you go into the C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal folder and rename the file alert.wav to something like alert.wa_ (or :whatever: ) the sca-wee noise will go bye-bye. You could also take a wav file that is less annoying, copy it to the Ad-Aware folder, then rename it alert.wav.
  • blaunchbblaunchb Burton on Trent
    edited June 2006
    You want to see how far I jumped, I was minding my own business watching the baseball when ad-aware blew-off!. Bed to floor in one movement (and not graceful!).
    Brian
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares
    edited June 2006
    Heh, the scared the crap out of me the first few times. Since then, I've made sure the speakers were muted until it finsihed :D
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited June 2006
    yeah, every once and a while it will catch me off gaurd.. i can never be patient enough to let it finish without opening any other app, so i usually start surfing the net or something.. like a few minutes pass then that stupid sound just scares the living daylight out of me...

at least i dont pee my pants when i jump like that.. i know some people who have bladder control problems and pee their pants when something scares them.. i bet thats no fun... (i hope they dont use AdAware)
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited June 2006
    everytime I run it I get freaked out. I cant tell you how many times I've run the program, and it still gets me.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff
    edited June 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    If you go into the C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal folder and rename the file alert.wav to something like alert.wa_ (or :whatever: ) the sca-wee noise will go bye-bye.

I didn't know if Ad-Aware would complain about the missing wav, so I changed it to a zero-byte file with the same name.