Please vote

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI
edited November 2006 in The Pub
I encourage all Americans of legal voting age to please exercise the right that was obtained with much bloodshed and heartache - vote tomorrow.

PLEASE do not comment here on who, why, or how you are voting. Just vote.

Thanks!

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska
    edited November 2006
    Vote, or please do not complain about the direction your country, state, or community takes in the future. That is all. Carry on!
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited November 2006
    Already did days ago :-) Early voting by mail is awesome!
  • edited November 2006
    I would like to encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the local candidates and issues before exercising your voting rights. A knowledgeable voter is much more powerful than an uninformed voter. Please don't rely on campaign ads to educate you, the best way to be informed is through research. Luckily, most local and state issues on your ballot will be written out on the ballot in many places, but the candidates themselves will just be names - wouldn't you rather know who was behind each name, rather than just a (D) or and (R)?

Please exercise your right to vote, but please exercise it with the knowledge you need to vote responsibly. :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA
    edited November 2006
    Vote... It's what makes our country what it is today. You can take that either as a positive or negative.

If you do not like how things are going - Vote to change it.

If you like the direction of the country - Vote to keep it that way.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC
    edited November 2006
    I voted!
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited November 2006
    Just got back from voting!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    If your idea of staying on top of current events and the issues of the day is to watch Entertainment Tonight, please stay home and have a few potato chips instead.

My name is profdlp and I approved this mussage. (sic)
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited November 2006
    I AM VOTING STRAIGHT TICKET COMMUNIST. Kekekekeke. DEATH TO CAPITALISM. <u>^</u><u> </u><u>^</u>
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska
    edited November 2006
    I voted.
    I feel good.
    I am part of the process.
    I now have the right to cheer...or to complain.

Thrax, as far as I know, the Shining Path is not on any of the ballots in the US. I think you are fibbing.
    edited November 2006
    That's okay, Leo. I will trust your disillusion is the product of the greedy, vicious capitalist pigdogs you have known your whole life. The glorious communist party is on every ballot, and in every home! EQUALITY FOR ALL. HuzzAH, huzzAH, huzzAH!
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri
    edited November 2006
    I exercised my right to vote as a thank you to those who have given life and limb to make it possible. :)
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH
    edited November 2006
    I was there at 0630 when the polls opened. not a huge fan out of the outcome of the local ballot issues. But i at least had my say in it.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI
    edited November 2006
    i didn't vote.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA
    edited November 2006
    I voted three times... Come on, I live in Chicago area... 3 times is like hardly voting at all.... :D
  • edited November 2006
    I voted early on October 30 because I had to leave for work on the evening of Nov 6.

And like Aranyic I wasn't real pleased with the outcome either, but I did see that the Parish (County to all you other states) I live in did go for the candidate I voted for, even though he ended up losing the election.

But since I did vote, I now have every right to bitch and moan about my representatives. :D
    edited November 2006
    I voted. Let the bitching begin. ;)
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit
    edited November 2006
    4 out of 5 candidates I voted for won :vimp:
  • RWBRWB
    edited November 2006
    I chose not to vote because I had no idea about the voting due to refusal to watch the News because of bias media from every corner... but mostly because I didn't know anything about it :P