-14 degrees F

MrBillMrBill Missouri
edited February 2008 in The Pub
I know some of you northern folks are used to the cold, but I'm not. :)

I flew into Minneapolis, Minnesota Monday night and the temperature was about 40F. Great!! That didn't last long unfortunately. It was -14F this morning and has been below 0 all day. I think it was about -35F with the wind chill. Brrrrrrrr!!!

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited January 2008
    Balmy.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska
    edited January 2008
    Mid-teens here lately, so we're warmer than you were, Bill! It rarely gets below -15F here in this part of Alaska. Typical winter day is 10 to 15F. But then, this isn't the cold part of Alaska (North Slope and Interior).
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    edited January 2008
    No joke, it was 65°F here this morning and I was freezing my ass off. :hair:
  • BlueDragonBlueDragon Longwood, FL USA
    edited January 2008
    That is nothing you wanna talk about cold :grumble:when i got up this morning it was close to 70 :rant: to make things worse by mid-afternoon it was almost 80. :csimon:

(LMAO)lol(LMAO)

Gotta love Florida

(better print that I dont say it often)
    edited January 2008
    No joke, it was 65°F here this morning and I was freezing my ass off.
    ;D;D For me, that's close to an ideal summer day.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL
    edited January 2008
    Yea, these 55 degree mornings are starting to get old... I mean c'mon... I hate having to dig out my winter clothes...
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell
    edited January 2008
    It was actually kind of warm today.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida
    edited January 2008
    BlueDragon wrote:
    That is nothing you wanna talk about cold :grumble:when i got up this morning it was close to 70 :rant: to make things worse by mid-afternoon it was almost 80. :csimon:

(LMAO)lol(LMAO)

Gotta love Florida

(better print that I dont say it often)

Me also being conviently located in Longwood, i wore a hoodie and was almost comfortable, yet the cold ripped though the hoodie like a shark rips though......butter..yeah:D

EDIT: I just realized how many north and central floridians are on Icrontic...
    edited January 2008
    Indeed... We should all plan a night out at Universal City Walk or something... Gnome and I already met up there for Video Games Live... It would be pretty cool to meet some of the other IC guys that live near or around Central Florida...

Gate, I drive through Longwood every day on my way to work... I teach at Sterling Park Elementary in Casselberry...
    edited January 2008
    nice, i go to school at crooms in sanford =)

that sounds pretty cool, i would go =)
    edited January 2008
    Crooms is definitely a very cool school... I wish they had such places when I was in school...
    edited January 2008
    aye, but we have gotten off topic! i thin i have thyroid issues because im always cold!!!! OMGOMGOMG
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi
    edited January 2008
    Nuff said
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri
    edited January 2008
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Nuff said
    It's a heat wave! ;) I think it's supposed to warm up to 9 here today. :D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida
    edited January 2008
    Haha. Single digit temperatures. What the hell is that? :cool2:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-
    edited January 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    No joke, it was 65°F here this morning and I was freezing my ass off. :hair:

Did your neighbor leave the freezer door open all night, or something?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA
    edited January 2008
    Woke up Tuesday morning and it was -6 on my outdoor thermometer w/ 50MPH winds. Windchill.... {wait}..... {wait}... -35!!! In Chicago, not Alaska!!!

cold.gif
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl
    edited January 2008
    47A21F0F0006B85100003EEE221555389409010B0B9A030A0201?cmd=GetImg&no=52&uid=86662&sid=c0&name=X.MA1.1201588464@aol.com
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff
    edited January 2008
    DogDragon wrote:
    47A21F0F0006B85100003EEE221555389409010B0B9A030A0201?cmd=GetImg&no=52&uid=86662&sid=c0&name=X.MA1.1201588464@aol.com
    edited January 2008
    The contents of your posts remind me of the contents of my wallet.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ...
    edited January 2008
    MrBill wrote:
    I know some of you northern folks are used to the cold, but I'm not. :)

I flew into Minneapolis, Minnesota Monday night and the temperature was about 40F. Great!! That didn't last long unfortunately. It was -14F this morning and has been below 0 all day. I think it was about -35F with the wind chill. Brrrrrrrr!!!

What's the fly in for?

It takes exactly 1.5 days to get used to it. The 8-10 we had today felt wonderful.

That was a pretty significant drop though, 55-60 degree drop in just over a day.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri
    edited February 2008
    yagga wrote:
    What's the fly in for?

It takes exactly 1.5 days to get used to it. The 8-10 we had today felt wonderful.

That was a pretty significant drop though, 55-60 degree drop in just over a day.
    I'm here for 2 weeks for work. I am getting used to the cold so it's not quite as bad, but it's a little warmer now too.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied?
    edited February 2008
    mid -40's with windchill all last week. The whole city of a million people more or less ground to a halt. Cars trucks and machinery were breaking for no good reason other than the cold. Square tires for a few miles until they warmed up.

I was supposed to travel a few hours north last week (Fort McMurray, Alberta), on the day I was supposed to be up there someone posted a pic of their backyard thermometer showing -50C, or -58F aproximately. That's before windchill. Ya, I cancelled that trip.

Supposed to be a balmy -12C (about 10F) here today, which is almost t-shirt weather given recent conditions. Strangely, you do get acclimated to the cold in relative short order. In the fall, 50F (10C) feels like hell freezing over. In the spring, 50F is genuinely t-shirt weather here, at least for shorter outings.
    edited February 2008
    Keto, be strong! Your report reminds me of what it was like for the three years I lived in North Pole, Alaska, by Fairbanks. Eagle River is - to use your words, "balmy" by comparison. Only -10F this morning. I had to put booties on the dog's feet last night when we went for a walk. High today is supposed to be 7F.
  • jj Sterling Heights, MI
    edited February 2008
    I was in Calgary Canada one year in Feb. I got to experiance REAL cold. The temperature was -40 take your pick of degree F or C. It's the same temperature. It the only point were C and F cross
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2008
    Heat wave here in Va, was in the 40s today I think.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited February 2008
    When I went to Tower, MN to visit family it was -38F wheeeee!

Also 8 feet of snow.
    edited February 2008
    Your parents could move to this part of Alaska....for a warmer climate!

It was -20F in parts of Eagle River Valley this morning, but not at my elevation (-10F).
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited February 2008
    <3 southern California :)