Bought a new car - Audi TT

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK
edited September 2008 in The Pub
Well the time has come to change my car. I need 4 x new tyres@165+fitting EACH, major service@300 and 4 x wheel refurb@65 EACH. I have also dramatically reduced the amount of mileage (new job starting in t-minus 4 weeks all being well). So the Leon (as good as it is) has to go. I love it don't get me wrong but I really want something more refined & an auto.

So I give you to you... my new 2+2 coupe... Audi TT. 2l Turbo 4 cylinder. 197BHP, 280NM torque from 1800 RPM, 7k redline, S-Tronic (DSG) dual clutch semi-auto with paddle shift.

Pick her tomorrow (Wednesday) :D

http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/zoom.aspx?Id=600372320#

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited September 2008
    That is a hell of a car, mate. :thumbsup:
  • edited September 2008
    Very nice matey!! I'm still paying for my current Ford Fiesta Zetec!! lol.. Tis pretty nice though! :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK
    edited September 2008
    Nothing wrong with that! My first car was a Fiesta Zetec! :D
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited September 2008
    I bet that goes like the clappers. ;) :D
    edited September 2008
    It weighs a measly 1260kg ... it's gonna be nippy with a 9ms automatic gear change :cool:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited September 2008
    Lovely car Dan, very, very nice. I thought when you said you were going for an upgrade you meant for the PC!
    Congrats mate, you deserve it.
    edited September 2008
    That is at the end of the month my good man! I still have plans to lose an entire weekend doing. I shall collect you on the Saturday and return when understanding wife turns up on my doorstep no longer so understanding ;D
  • edited September 2008
    My car.. Not too old but not the best...

fordfiestazetec.jpg
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida
    edited September 2008
    My car has a DSG transmission. It's an amazing feel. You're going to love it.

Beautiful car.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA
    edited September 2008
    Congrats Dan, it's a beautiful car.. Enjoy it! Are you going to drive her as she is, or kit her out over time?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA
    edited September 2008
    Beautiful ride man. I love Audi. Gorgeous cars that are all very functional and designed smart.
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited September 2008
    Wow, that's an awesome car. I have a good mechanic that can put the steering wheel back on the proper side. ;)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff
    edited September 2008
    Smashing, Dan! Best of luck with it, ya wanker!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou
    edited September 2008
    nice car, but I thought your new employer was buying this for you?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi
    edited September 2008
    Woot!!!... Ridin in style on my next visit to Manchester ;) ;D
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited September 2008
    I hate you... not really but I am incredibly jealous. I love the Audi TT. It's a hell of a car and I'd give my left nut to own one.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan
    edited September 2008
    /hate
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego
    edited September 2008
    I had no idea about the technology that flows throughout that car until I bumped into an enthusiast the other day at work. It made me want one - suffice to say I'm jealous.
  • edited September 2008
    I'd be even more jelous if you got an Audi R8!!!!!!!!!!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast
    edited September 2008
    My only question is why the kiddie shifter instead of a true manual?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth
    edited September 2008
    Automatic? Pansy.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares
    edited September 2008
    Traffic probably. I like manuals too, but autos preserve sanity in the city. DSG gives the best of both worlds, though.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida
    edited September 2008
    What's with the "omgz, it's not a manual!" crap? I get it often. I drive in the city. My last car was a stick, and I swear, in any given short trip home from work I'd shift between 2nd and 3rd anywhere up to a hundred plus times. It gets annoying and typically adds to the frustration of being stuck in traffic.

Good move on the DSG, Shorty.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I have an auto, my first. I will hopefully never have an old fashioned manual again, it's one step removed from a steam engine.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA
    edited September 2008
    Well, I can see the benefits of both..

If I were to get a car like Dan's, it would have the same transmission...

But my Mustang GT has a 5-speed, and I wouldn't have it any other way, even in traffic...
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan
    edited September 2008
    ENVY.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego
    edited September 2008
    I like to feel like I'm driving the car, even in traffic. Leaving it in 3rd for a slow coast usually solves that problem anyway.

/me shrugs
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited September 2008
    Sweet car m8. I'm really digging it. I'm actually quite jealous, hehe.
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit
    edited September 2008
    JB wrote:
    I have a good mechanic that can put the steering wheel back on the proper side. ;)
    Whew, glad someone got has that covered. I thought I'd have to be the one to make the snarky English driving comment again. :p

Looks great, Dan :cheers2:
    edited September 2008
    hahahahaha

The DSG gearbox is NOT a standard Auto folks. It's twin clutch. If you can change gear as fast as DSG (sub 9ms) then please report yourself into the guinness book of records :cool: .. plus I can go manual anytime with the paddle shift provided anyway.

I picked her up yesterday and it's bloody WICKED. I am completely and utterly loving it. It's so so quick but so cruisable. I will never want an stick shift again.

I got the call today, I start my new job on the 27th October. They are including x amount of cash per month to pay the costs. It's easier because I own the car, not them! :cool:

Rada, I am not likely to change anything on it as I love how it is!! :)