A friend book

DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl
edited March 2010 in The Pub
A friend of mine wrote a book and now she just finished her second book.
I want to see what you all think of her site and what you think of her books,
if the site gives you enough info about her books. So any way to improve
her site please give me feed back so I can pass it back to her.
She has a blog,a store and a video connected to her site.
Thanks
Here's her site
http://www.flushawayabadday.com/

I'm willing to send her books to a person that reads alot to give a review
of it. I think the person who willing to give the review to be female.
(*hint* Wags I know you know books)
The reason for a female is the book was wrote for females.
Thanks again

Comments

• DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl
    edited February 2010
    yeah I fixed that thanks
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited February 2010
    A motivational book aimed towards women. Could be interesting.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited February 2010
    Just based on my initial visit, there's no way I'd buy the book because I have no idea what it's about. She needs to show excerpts, or a synopsis, a summary, something.

The imagery gives the wrong message: Seeing nothing but toilets and plungers doesn't make me want to get out my pocketbook, that's for sure.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2010
    I tend to agree with Prime on this one. But it's hard for me to be impartial as I've got a hate on for anyone peddling common sense. Which is perhaps ironic because I also fully believe that a good chunk of the world populace is severely lacking in common sense. I didn't check out the video, but why not just have it play inline instead of leaving the site to hop over to Youtube.

But leaving my personal bias behind. I went to her blog and read a couple articles and I felt that the writing was sophomoric and like the type of drivel you come across in self help columns. If anyone ever watched a British sitcom called Black Books. The first episode about the Little Book of Calm. That's what this reminded me of.

But I realize you weren't asking us to critique her writing just the site. It looks very simple if that's what she's going for. The store works but some excerpts from the books beyond the back jacket would likely help.

Also are they books or just pdf's. I went as far as I dared through the process to try and figure out if they were print or pdf books and unless I missed something it never said. I can only assume they were pdf's since there was never a shipping charge added.
    edited February 2010
    I told her what you have said about the page and she said thanks and now
    she is regrouping and going to redo her page. Kryyst they're books (paperbacks)
    Again thanks for your input on this
    edited March 2010
    Hey Prime & kryyst you seen the web page and said what you think
    which is what she wanted. So now here is what pic of what the
    new web page will look like. So tell us what you think of it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/48200814@N05/4420504794/
    for some reason I can't attach a pic. But click on the link
    and view it. Well let us know what you think. But this is what
    we came up with
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited March 2010
    It's definitely much better than the last. At least I have something to read and know what the book is actually about :D
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2010
    I can't say that I'm a fan of the colour choices, in particular the red text on blue background, but the text is much better. It has a voice to it and is the kind of message some people will certainly get into and want to read more of.

As far as the layout goes one concern would be how well that may scale depending on various screen resolutions.
  • edited March 2010
    I read as an excuse to fain meaning. Give me her book, and you will receive an honest opinion.
    edited March 2010
    I trust Wag will give me a honest opinion and I met her. But ok PM sent