Images with overloads of Ponies

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA
    edited September 2011
    New season is INCREDIBLE. They're not messing around. They know their target audience is no longer limited to young girls, and this refocus shows. Incredible episode.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related
    edited September 2011
    New antagonist in episode 1 (of 2) is Discord, a master of all things unusual and in disarray. Discord is voiced by John de Lancie who is probably best known as Q from Star Trek: TNG, DS9, and Voyager and plays the character very much like Q so far. As a fan of both MLP:FiM and (especially) Star Trek: TNG this is both awesome and ridiculous.
    edited September 2011
    Yesterday's stream was AWESOME. we averaged 14 people in the stream over, what, four hours? Long time. Averaged 14 people at all times of the night. So good. That was the most fun stream we've had in a long time.

Drasnor made a hot Mondi. He was finished pretty early as a result. It was hilarious.

Church showed up late and fed us k-pop. And Basil is a trooper. Despite starting the stream at 5am ish local time, he stayed until the very end.

We actually watched the new episode of season 2 twice because some dudes missed out first showing. It is a great episode. Not only for what Canti said above, but for the fact that they've introduced a pretty serious threat with bizarre, slightly darker tones. Discord is essentially the same character as Q in TNG, but the threat he represents in MLP is bigger than anything the show has seen thus far.

We were discussing last night why this might be. With season 1, Hub knew they were making a show for children. Things have changed, and Hub/Hasbro know that. Their audience now consists of a lot of older viewers in addition to the children. Though it isn't likely that we'll see "darker" episodes, or even a continuation of what we've seen in episode 1, you can tell that they are approaching the story process a bit more loose this time around.
    edited September 2011
    Some pics from the event:

2.png

1.png
  • edited September 2011
    Seriously I had a blast last night, even if I crapped out after 1.5 hours. The episodes we played from season 1 after the premiere of season 2 helped ALL OF THIS make much more sense to me.

I think I'm officially a fan. This is just straight fun.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep
    edited September 2011
    Oh god...Hitman...can't...breathe...
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep
    edited September 2011
    attachment.php?attachmentid=29315&stc=1&d=1316719370

Chocolate Rain...
    edited September 2011
    Seriously I had a blast last night, even if I crapped out after 1.5 hours. The episodes we played from season 1 after the premiere of season 2 helped ALL OF THIS make much more sense to me.

I think I'm officially a fan. This is just straight fun.

That's what I keep trying to explain to all the haters. The show is one thing (and we know that it IS good), but watching it online with Icrontic friends while throwing in the absurdities of commercial breaks makes for an extremely entertaining night. These streams are the most fun I've had with the Icrontic community since the heyday of our TF2 playing in '08 (not including IC events, of course)

cola wrote:

Oh Lord, I didn't even see that! ;D

Hitman never disappoints in the streams he shows up to.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL
    edited September 2011
    Last night was fun yet again... I only planned on showing up to watch the new episode and then cut out, but I was there until about 1:30AM... Today was a fun day with the kiddies on five hours of sleep...
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England
    edited September 2011
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WsJkSArZKnM?rel=0"; allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI
    edited September 2011
    Boondocks in my Ponies? Awesome.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana
    edited September 2011
    cola wrote:

I blame the rum!
    edited September 2011
    UPS Hitman wrote:
    I blame the rum!

Don't we all. Which reminds me:

Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #11.5 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, MLP:FiM SEASON 2 PART 2, and DUB STEP

This has to be done.

Alright, so it's like this: as we found out last Wednesday, the new episode of Season 2 is actually a two-parter. As things were getting good (oh, how good they are) we were left with TO BE CONTINUED.

So, naturally, we need to watch part 2.

Same bat time, same bat channel. We're going to maybe re-watch part 1 if people decree it. This is mostly so we can see the finale of this episode though, so that's the plan.

Time: 7:00PM PST (10:00PM EST)
    URL: http://www.synchtube.com/r/UPSLynx
    Place: Ventrillo
    Server: Same as before, find it elsewhere on IC or ask me directly if you need it.

This might not even be a full-length stream, we just need that part 2. If people want to stick around and watch more episodes after that, I'm down. It'll be a game time decision.

Also - an important note. Word on the street is that Season 2 takes a little break after this two part Discord saga. No clue why, but if rumors are true, then we won't have any more new episodes for a little while.

>Dat intro screen

Previously_on_My_Little_Pony_S1E02.png
    edited September 2011
    Oh Lord, I JUST found this video. I'm in tears. My coworkers are staring. This is hysterical:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IeOYJO-jFGs"; allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>
  • FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace
    edited September 2011
    <object width="700" height="475"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r509sR2TdFg?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r509sR2TdFg?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="700" height="475" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    WAY better. I lol'd for like, 10 minutes straight.
  • edited September 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Don't we all. Which reminds me:

Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #11.5 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, MLP:FiM SEASON 2 PART 2, and DUB STEP

This has to be done.

Alright, so it's like this: as we found out last Wednesday, the new episode of Season 2 is actually a two-parter. As things were getting good (oh, how good they are) we were left with TO BE CONTINUED.

So, naturally, we need to watch part 2.

Same bat time, same bat channel. We're going to maybe re-watch part 1 if people decree it. This is mostly so we can see the finale of this episode though, so that's the plan.

Time: 7:00PM PST (10:00PM EST)
    URL: http://www.synchtube.com/r/UPSLynx
    Place: Ventrillo
    Server: Same as before, find it elsewhere on IC or ask me directly if you need it.

This might not even be a full-length stream, we just need that part 2. If people want to stick around and watch more episodes after that, I'm down. It'll be a game time decision.

Also - an important note. Word on the street is that Season 2 takes a little break after this two part Discord saga. No clue why, but if rumors are true, then we won't have any more new episodes for a little while.

>Dat intro screen

Previously_on_My_Little_Pony_S1E02.png

I've read this like 5 times now...I'm sorry if I'm tarded ... but what day is this? Wednesday again?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX
    edited September 2011
    I've read this like 5 times now...I'm sorry if I'm tarded ... but what day is this? Wednesday again?

yup

-Digi
    edited September 2011
    Yes. This Wednesday at 7PM PST.
    edited September 2011
    FreshyP wrote:
    <object height="475" width="700">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r509sR2TdFg?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="475" width="700"></object>
    WAY better. I lol'd for like, 10 minutes straight.

Dude, all of his MLP videos are choice. I keep laughing my head off at the intro theme
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pvNLjOuYSFQ"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana
    edited September 2011
    Ill be there again.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD
    edited September 2011
    Added as Steam event. Going to try and make this one in between Honey-Dos, playing sick amounts of LoL, and walking back and forth on Whiskey Lane.

Is their a Bourbon pony btw?
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit
    edited September 2011
    I doubt I'll make it, I'll be at TEDxDetroit. Because I'm an ideas person. Also a ponies person. But mostly an ideas person.
  • FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace
    edited September 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Dude, all of his MLP videos are choice. I keep laughing my head off at the intro theme
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pvNLjOuYSFQ"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol, I watched this once, and immediately Nicole came into my room and yelled at me to never listen to it again. Gotta love the Fun Police... :grumble:
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit
    edited September 2011
    Let your freak flag fly, Perry.
    edited September 2011
    Awesome preach. Bring bourbon - it helps. Also:

tumblr_lqo06on1vG1qe54sk.png

The purple one has grapes, which implies wine, which is booze. Close enough?
    edited September 2011
    FreshyP wrote:
    Gotta love the Fun Police... :grumble:

Haters_gonna_hate.gif
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited September 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:

Just once.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited September 2011
    I just listened to it and Matt said "I'm probably going to stab you with my pen."
    edited September 2011
    I just listened to it and Matt said "I'm probably going to stab you with my pen."

Worth it.