post your desk

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited March 2012
    L to R: Garrus, Shepard and Liara.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA
    Well, shows how much I paid attention. Thanks
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC
    OHHHH GAWDDDDDD ^THAT^ D:
    NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    edited August 2012
    All you need now is desk mount(s).
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK
    Desk mounts? Mount those to the wall, then you can freely rotate them easily.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou
    edited August 2012
    @errornullturnip this is what you need to do

if they were all the same monitor, I would recommend 5x1 portrait then
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, the problem is that the other two are crazy sizes. That and they don't have nice mounting points. Also, the middle 3 are running on a HD 7850. Could I do 2 more out from that card?
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan
    Let it be known that two of those are mine. You're all welcome.
    UPSLynx
  • New desk, real wood. I'm happy.
    primesuspectJBoogalooardichokesharkydart
  • That's pretty awesome. Where did you pick it up?
  • That's pretty awesome. Where did you pick it up?
    Thanks! I got it from American Furniture Warehouse on clearance and snagged free delivery.
    It's actually the first desk I've ever bought.
  • Evelon277Evelon277 Canada
    edited November 2012
    Lovin' the set up, PirateNinja. Especially the small form factor case.
  • Lovin' the set up, PirateNinja. Especially the small form factor case.
    Thank you, that's for beta testing. My gigantic dev workstation is right below it =\
  • edited November 2012
    New desk. Still in the process of moving things, so the NZXT Sentry isn't placed where it belongs. Also can't make out the 5000K LED backlighting the 3 x ZR24w configuration.

EDIT: Hmm, not sure why uploaded pictures are broken. Use this SkyDrive link instead.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares
    Uploaded pics work, but Vanilla seems to have issues making thumbnails out of big images.

Mmmm. ZR24ws.
  • Uploaded pics work, but Vanilla seems to have issues making thumbnails out of big images.

Mmmm. ZR24ws.
    Yah.. and it's a huge one. (Not sure why the camera didn't like focusing... it just did some macro shots beautifully.)

But yup, that's a trio of 'em. Not pictured, a bunch of other stuff including my BabyDragon (LiLi V351), two Synology NASes (DS410 + DS1511), and the second desk opposite the huge one.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI
    edited February 2013
    Finally completed my desk. It was a touch expensive, but its exactly what I wanted, color wise, and its pretty much big enough for 4 people to use.

Here is the album I took of the build.

Edit: embed feature didn't work. Link: http://imgur.com/a/w4fNU
    ThraxJBoogalooTushon
  • Very nice Ryan!
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan
    I'll never be able to go back to a single screen ever again. The monitors alone draw more than 150W.
    @ErrorNullTurnip you need to put up another picture with the giant TV included.
    Project complete!

TushonJBoogaloo
  • now throw them into portrait mode ;)
    Nah - don't want the bezels in the screen.
  • Nah - don't want the bezels in the screen.
    oh, so not running eyefinity. fair enough
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA
    I know eyefinity adjusts for that, but having tried it I go crazy seeing that bezel
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares
    edited April 2013
    Despite the bezels, I miss my 3x portrait setup for having an easier coding workflow. Usually had two instances of Notepad++ maximized on two screens and the browser maximized in a third, Chrome's JS console taking up bottom half. All that vertical space came in handy, and it was nice just to maximize the windows and not worry about positioning them just so. Eyefinity made me less productive with work, so I only turned it on for gaming.
  • After tweaking and tweaking and tweaking four monitors, I settled on 1x portrait and 2x landscape. Keeping the 1 portrait as my coding station and the others as communication hubs. I work most efficiently this way. The fourth monitor kept turning in to, what do I do with this one? It would end up being Brian's dirty slot facebook game, streaming uefa matches, or some other unproductive activity. So I took it out.

Now that I get a proper bad as gaming rig in life, there can be no fun! (just kidding, I'm having fun too but work is srs bznsz). I owe this thread a desk update.

@cannonfodder , good choice of paint for the walls.