This is why you're single.

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

djmeph said:

What does it mean when a girl takes down her profile after one date with you? Does that mean she likes me? Oh God what's happening. It's me, Margaret.

It means she's so disturbed by you that she has decided to forsake modern life, remove her presence from the Internet and relocate to a remote convent where she will live out her days in quiet simplicity. Clearly.
    Actually, that doesn't sound like an awful idea.
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    I took down my profile after probably only a week with Aaron, maybe less. OKCupid is exhausting.
  • I suspended my OKC profile once Marysia and I started dating. Deleted it once I realized I was going to propose to her.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Yeah, I also just recently started dating someone new, and after a few dates with him and things were going well, and I was being asked on other dates, I figured out I didn't want to date anyone else, so I deactivated my account to stop getting the messages.
    GnomeQueenJBoogaloo
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    CB said:
    That was hilarious and painful to read.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Since the tumblr got taken down, someone put it up somewhere else. https://sites.google.com/site/niceguysofokc/
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    Woweewowwow. Glad I haven't been in the dating scene in 20 years and hoping I go into the great beyond before Mrs. Preacher...
    JBoogaloo
    Wow...that was even worse to read, terrible.
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian

OK then, I'm just going to go now.
    primesuspectJBoogalooRyanFodderardichoke
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    "92% match"
    WagsFTWkimono54
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Seems like a perfectly well adjusted person to me.
    My kind of crazy
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    If that's your kind of crazy check this out.

I don't even. Just wow.
    primesuspectPreacherdjmephkimono54
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    According to OKCupid, every female under 30 is bisexual.
    I'm. So. Scared.
    I'm calling fake.
    I want to believe it's fake but intentionally making something so elaborately absurd requires more effort than I think anyone is willing to give unless there is some truth behind it all.
    edited February 2013
    edited February 2013
    I unfriended my high school sweetheart on Facebook recently. Back story, we got back together after about 15 years. She broke up with me in high school because her mom made her. Her mom realized we were getting very close and thought we'd start having sex, so she put an end to it. We both had pretty bad experiences with the people we lost our virginity to. We stayed friends and did a swing dancing thing at the high school talent show with a group. I also sang "Do I ever Cross Your Mind" by Brian McKnight and dedicated it to her. Born romantic.

Fast forward 15 years. She hits me up on Facebook and says that she was reminded of me because she heard "Sing Sing Sing" by Brian Setzer Orchestra, the song we danced to, and the Brian McKnight song back-to-back on the radio. She asks me out to a Lion's game in her company's suite. We had a great time, explored the city for a bit and decided to hang out again. On the next date, we both expressed that we wished we had lost our virginity to each other, and naturally we hooked up. One of those crazy weekend sex marathons. We got together again once more about a week later, and all the feels from high school were starting to come back. I was 18 years old again, and she was 16 again too.

Then she went cold and stopped talking to me every time I brought up anything romantic. She'd talk about work, tattoos, music, her kids, whatever, but any time I brought up the feels she'd issue radio silence for a week or two. This has been going on for a couple of months. Tried to bring it up a few times, but she would just go silent. She did not want to communicate the way she felt about me. I guess she hoped I'd just "Get it".

On her Facebook page, she kept on saying how she couldn't find a good man. According to her status messages, she wants a tall, tan, muscular man with ripped abs, who is rich, has his life together, buys her nice things, a stallion in the bedroom, treats her like a princess, is humble, care-free, non-possessive and has a bad boy edge.

She had a complete meltdown on Facebook this week when she started going off about all the guys she's dated lately, and what's wrong with them. I'm not sure which categories she thought applied to me, but i'm pretty sure I'm one of the men she was calling out. Personally, I didn't think any of them applied to me, but it was clear I was not what she was looking for.

My beef is, if she wants this perfect guy that she's drawn up in her head, why on Earth is he going to date someone who passive aggressively calls every man she dates out on her Facebook wall, and fails at communication? I mean, maybe I did do something wrong, or maybe there is something wrong with me. Maybe we're just incompatible. That's fine. But if you're going to air that all out on Facebook, and not even give me the courtesy of telling me in person, you definitely don't deserve the man of your dreams, and when you meet him, he's going to run away fast when he sees how you conduct yourself on social media. The same goes for guys too, don't hide behind your Facebook wall or blog to air out your relationshit problems.

What I've learned from being introduced to polyamory through OKCupid is that I'm at a point in my life where games are just not something I want to deal with in a relationship anymore. I value open and honest communication. Whether the relationship is completely vanilla, or completely open, I think being open and honest with yourselves is the only way to avoid future resentment and unintentionally hurt feelings.

I know I'm not the only person in this community that has dealt with this sort of thing recently, so I thought I'd get the dialogue started.
    Jokke
    edited February 2013
    @Canti, that is my type of crazy, LOL! It's obvious fake, but damn...

Meph, nothing wrong with you dude, that chick has quite a few screws loose, some probably long gone for a while. Sorry it didn't work out in a way that you had hoped, but congrats you didn't get caught up in that web of craziness. Eh, I dont think the games ever stop they just become more sophisticated on a mature level :)
  • djmeph said:

One of those crazy weekend sex marathons.

Oh right, yeah. Those happen all the time. People who have been in 5+ year relationships too, honest injun. Yep, just one of those weekends, it happens.

Seriously though Meph, I feel like you got that out of your system and now you won't have to wonder about what if with your high school sweetheart. She seems a little ... crazy or/and unrealistic. I think you are set to move on, and trust me when I say there are a ton of girls your age (making assumptions about your age now) that are just ready to settle down and try to take something seriously. It's that I need to have kids and get married age, we are all adults and let's be honest and realistic about life age. My guess is you won't be a bachelor much longer, and by that I mean no more than 2-5ish years.

Oh dating.

I really don't think it's anything like that. She's not crazy. She's got a lot of anger, and a lot of bitterness. I know where a lot of that comes from. I understand why she's guarded. It's unfortunate that things turned out the way they did. There was a time when she opened up to me and I thought she was going to let me in, but then she closed up and shut me out. Unfortunately it's a very common situation and I'm not one to write it off as crazy every time. It is what it is.

And I can tell you for a fact that it's possible to have relationships with no games. I've had many of them. Being open to polyamorous relationships and being open and honest with the women I date has shown me that. The negative experiences I have had are with women who don't know what they want and are lying to themselves.
    midga
  • Oh I know it is completely realistic to have open honest healthy relationships, I just thought she was crazy to block you out and then melt down on facebook. I guess crazy was a rough word for me to use, but you seem like quite a catch and I'm confused about her behavior. =\
    JBoogaloo said:

Meph, nothing wrong with you dude, that chick has quite a few screws loose, some probably long gone for a while. Sorry it didn't work out in a way that you had hoped, but congrats you didn't get caught up in that web of craziness. Eh, I dont think the games ever stop they just become more sophisticated on a mature level :)

I'm 32 years old and very content with being single. I learn from each new experience and move on when it's time to move on. I'm not ready to have kids or settle down. I still have a lot I need to accomplish in my career and a lot of traveling to do. I'm at the place where I'm at now because I've avoided the situation you are describing. I feel free to date who I want because I'm willing to wait for the right person. If I'm still 40 and I haven't found that person, I'll be happy. If I find that person tomorrow, I may end up in the situation you described sooner than later, but it will be on mutual terms. As I keep saying, I value open and honest communication. When that is there I'm open to wherever the relationship takes me.
    JBoogalooWagsFTW
    djmeph said:

JBoogaloo said:

If I'm still 40 and I haven't found that person, I'll be happy. If I find that person tomorrow, I may end up in the situation you described sooner than later, but it will be on mutual terms. As I keep saying, I value open and honest communication. When that is there I'm open to wherever the relationship takes me.
    This, I like this :) I wasn't trying to sound like I'm saying that you should settle down or anything (my apologies if it did). I'm glad that you're happy and that's all that really matters. Whenever and where ever, your personal happiness comes first and however you get it, great!

Oh, and the games thing...just a bit of a joke on how they go in marriage. It's like stepping up from playing Candyland and diving into a game of really intense Scrabble :P
  • I'm so glad I'm not on OKC anymore... I'd hate to see what people could have pulled out of context from my profile and posted online with my photo to make fun of. Possibly my username also just so people could harass me even easier.

Seriously though, if you're going to take someones profile and use it to insult them, maybe have the decency to censor their user name and photo.