wc3!!

aZnWankstaaZnWanksta Baton Rouge
edited June 2003 in Gaming
Anyone here play wc3? I'm usually on at night, with the sn BURN1NAT0R the i and o in my name are a '1' and a '0' (the #s) anyway, you'll most likely find me in channel dota, or playing for that matter. Gimme a shout, and if you got a few friends that play dota and are looking to get raped, i mean experience, just let me know.

aW

Comments

• JLunarJLunar the t dot.
    edited June 2003
    Heh. Trogdor. I used to play a bit, but I've always sucked at PvP RTS.... I'm just too damn slow.

Diablo II now... hrmm.. and patch 1.10 is out...
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    JLunar said
    Heh. Trogdor. I used to play a bit, but I've always sucked at PvP RTS.... I'm just too damn slow.

Diablo II now... hrmm.. and patch 1.10 is out...

I can relate to that...my buddy is a big RTS person, I always get hosed and end up watchin the rest of the game. FPS is where its at ;)
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2003
    Most RTS games I seen are just a matter of figuring out the proper sequence for building, then building the right units, then massing the attack, and then attacking. There's little real thinking or strategy involved. Eventually everybody knows the best way to quank everyone else and it's a simple matter to know what your opponent will do.

Boring.

There are a few RTS games though, such as sudden strike (which had no infrastructure model, you're stuck with what you get and now you need to make the most of it) where people might actually have to think ahead about how to go about things.

It's a matter of what a person's personality is like if you ask me. Some people are uncomfortable having only their view to go off of (i.e. FPS, you can't see the big picture). They'd like to know everything that is going on, and don't tolerate surprises.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    These companies should really be more original in their abbreviations for games... I was thinking to my self "WTF are these folks still playing Wing Commander 3 for?" And then it hit me: "OH! WarCraft 3! I'm a moron!"

But still, c'mon here Blizzard... be more original!
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited June 2003
    Rise of Nations looks cool
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    A friend of mine has been playing Rise of Nations nonstop for the past week and a half. It's finals week and guess what he hasn't been doing...
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited June 2003
    lol, maybe I'll check it out
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have been playing Rise of Nations. I have to say, I am not that impressed. I prefered Medieval - Total War. Each to their own.