Oh no item out of stock, what to do?

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited April 2004 in Hardware
The heatsink i ordered (slk947) is out of stock. What should i do. The store has emailed me and called when i wasn't home but i don't know if i should wait or find a replament. The only problem is that i've ordered a cpufan which already is shipped.

Aerocool DP-102 Silver AMD, INTEL 478
Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 2 Rev.2 AMD 18dB
Arctic Cooling Copper Super Silent 4 PRO
Arctic Cooling Copper Super Silent PRO AMD 2800+
Coolermaster JET7 CPU-kylare, Socket A/370
Swiftech MCX 478-V
Swiftech MCX370
Swiftech MCX4000+T
Swiftech MCX462+T
Swiftech Rheostat
Thermalright SP-94
Thermalright ALX-800
Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu P4/AMD

Which of these should i choose and remember i've ordered a 2800+ which i want to cool effinently but as quite as possible. BTW the cpufan is a papst 92mm. Please help me. Only gr81 would have reasons not to. :rarr:

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Whats the due date on the SLK? If is not that long then I would hang on. Otherwise pick up an SLK900, very similar just no heatpipe.

Oh and I changed your title, i dont think np is a word.
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited April 2004
    Whats the due date on the SLK? If is not that long then I would hang on. Otherwise pick up an SLK900, very similar just no heatpipe.

Heatpipe? The 947U does not have a heatpipe.
    You are referring to SP-97.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2004
    Yeah thats what I was about to say. SP94(Intel) and SP97(AMD) are the ones with the heatpipe.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Hey, it had an S a 9 and a 7 in the name at least ;D;D;D;D

God I should know the difference I have an SP97. That will teach me to rush a reply :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited April 2004

Thanks i meant the word no but forgot to look. Due date unknown. will call to check that.

Edit
    If it would take to long to get the slk 947 which should i get instead:
    Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 2 Rev.2 AMD 18dB
    or Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu P4/AMD None of the others seem any good.
    edited April 2004
    Called but got no answer. Should have done it before 18.00 but was waiting from answers from you guys. I didn't think that they would leave so quictly. Instead i send them an email asking when they would get in more slk:s. If it takes to long to et i'll go with the zalman.
    edited April 2004
    Just called them and they said that even their supplier was out so it would take a while. So i ordered the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu P4/AMD which also was out of stock according to the guy i talked to but it would arrive in 2 days so it's ok. Now i must figure out what to do with a spare papst 92mm. Something tells me that returning it would cost more then keaping it. Oh well. :(
  • edited April 2004
    Enlarge the lower front cooling fan hole on your case a bit and stick that 92mm fan there. It will give you a bit more airflow, both by replacing the 80mm fan with that 92mm and also by cutting out the wire crap in front of the present fan you will be providing a cleaner air path to the fan, reducing airflow noise and reducing restriction. I couldn't believe how much noise reduction and better airflow I had on the first case I did this with.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited April 2004
    this heatsink -> Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu P4/AMD <- is an excellent choice. you'll be happy you bought it
    edited April 2004
    Thanks baron. Ehm mud what are you talking about, the sonata has 120mm fanmounts not 80.
  • edited April 2004
    Umm, OK. :O

How about a blowhole on top then? ;)
    edited April 2004
    On a new case. :eek: Well it would certainly make geeky happy that's for sure. I didn't think of that. Looks like i'll keep it.

On the other notes i ordered 4 powercables that should go from an ups to computer parts but the ups included 2 of them. :( Now i have 6 cables yet as for as i know only 3 things that need them (psu, printer, monitor). Returning them might be to expensive.

Also i made a slipup with the antistatic wristwrap. It comes with a button not clip so i can't fasten it anywhere. Should i remove the button and make my own clip or return it as well. Tomorrow i should have the cpu and modem but no case. All this trouble and i haven't even begun building yet. :rant: