Cat 4.6 probs

croc_croc_ New
edited June 2004 in Science & Tech
For all the SM CS players (I think I might be the only one?).

I have been having random lockups when alt-tabbing out of cs. This happened in the early catalysts (low 3.x I think), was fixed for a long time, now I guess its happening again. I did do a full uninstall of the previous drivers before I installed the new ones. I also tried the Omega drivers. The last working set I used was 4.1 or 4.2 ...

I don't usually upgrade drivers unless I see something worth upgrading for, so I'm not really sure why I did this time ... :banghead:

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2004
    croc_ wrote:
    For all the SM CS players (I think I might be the only one?).

I have been having random lockups when alt-tabbing out of cs. This happened in the early catalysts (low 3.x I think), was fixed for a long time, now I guess its happening again. I did do a full uninstall of the previous drivers before I installed the new ones. I also tried the Omega drivers. The last working set I used was 4.1 or 4.2 ...

I don't usually upgrade drivers unless I see something worth upgrading for, so I'm not really sure why I did this time ... :banghead:
    Did you use the Catalyst Uninstaller utility from ATI and not just the Uninstaller in Add/Remove Programs?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited June 2004
    Spinner wrote:
    Did you use the Catalyst Uninstaller utility from ATI and not just the Uninstaller in Add/Remove Programs?

Yeah. I uninstalled them and went back to 4.4. Now everything is fine. :thumbsup:
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2004
    croc_ wrote:
    Yeah. I uninstalled them and went back to 4.4. Now everything is fine. :thumbsup:
    Hmm, that's wierd. Glad you got it sorted though. Give us an update when the 4.7's come out. :thumbsup: