Is there a way to track my VPU/GPU temps?

JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
edited July 2004 in Hardware
I've ghettorigged a fan from an old pentium hSF and thermalpasted some screws to the ram. Now i wanna see how hot the GPU/VPU gets. Is there some program outt here that will tell me, something like HDD Health or Asusprobe?

Comments

• edited July 2004
    None of that will work unless the card has thermal probes on the card itself.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited July 2004
    The only video cards I know of with probes on them are the 9600XT, 9800XT, and X800 Series cards. I don't know about nvidia's offerings.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited July 2004
    The only way to get a reading from that 9600 NP (according to your sig) is to measure it with an external thermometer or temperature probe from a device like the DigiDoc 5.

There is no temperature equipment embedded on the 9600 NP series, so unfortunately you can't just "read" the temperature from the card.
  • edited July 2004
    Most ASUS mobo's I've ever had have a pair of pins for hooking a thermal probe (thermal diode) for certain brands of PSU to monitor the temp of the PSU...I've hooked a bead type thermal probe to those pins and have used ASUSProbe to monitor the temps on the diode and it worked quite well.
    You might be able to locate a set of replacement thermal diodes for a DIGI-DOC 5 or something along those lines as it will fit the pins perfectly.
    If so it's just a matter of taping the thermal diode to the rear of the GPU and enabling the reading in ASUSProbe and going from there. Good luck.
  • JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2004
    Im gonna do Geeky1's AMD stock sink mod to my radeon and my case seems to have a thermal probe thingy for the front that i stuck near the cpu die.. i'll just take that out and stick it near my gpu... right after i strap that hugeass sink on there =D
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    Huge ass heatsink gooood

and anyone that takes that out of context dies. ;D
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited July 2004
    Geeky1 wrote:
    Huge ass gooood

Whoa ... geeky too much info :P.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    :rant:;D