mp3 wierdness

tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
edited July 2003 in Internet & Media
So i have tried to download an mp3 (where is the love by Black EYed Peas) about 5 times from kazaa lite today, and every file is the same thing- it plays fine for the first 15 second then it just stats to loop and make wierd noise. Has anyone else run into the problem and does anyone have a good version of this track that they could hook me up with?

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    That's the RIAA seeding Kazaa with fake MP3s.
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited July 2003
    that sucks a big one i tell you what
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited July 2003
    And now that you have downloaded from one of their "spoofers", they have your IP address.....:eek:

I would recommend un-sharing your files for a few weeks, so if they check you, they don't consider you to be a big enough sharer to be worth going after. Cuz, in case you hadn't heard, they are cracking their whips....

As far as avoiding spoofed MP3's, stay away from the ones that look too tempting...the highest quality encoding and the fastest bandwidth. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Also, search for the file with slight spelling variations, compare length of the tracks, etc.

Dexter...
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited July 2003
    well i am using the newest version of kazaa lite so aren't i already covered for riaa searches?

btw, this track was shared by about 100+ users each time i tried to get a different one so i don't know what was going on because i didn't just take the best quality, etc
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited July 2003
    Ya... newest k-lite has an ip blocker built in.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Isn't this kinda like entrapment...

Undercover cop: Here sir, buy some cocaine (download some mp3's) from me.
    Me: Sure
    Undercover cop: You're under arrest
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    This is a little off topic, but we're already off topic so it's fine.:)

Does the RIAA get pissed over ALL music that is shared online, or do they only not like the sharing of music from specific 'big time' labels?

The reason I ask is that I have about 11,000 files (37GB) of 100% classical music from no name labels shared on Kazaa when I'm on it. I wonder if music that is in low demand for file sharers would catch the eye of the RIAA, or if they would have any say in the matter at all.

~FA
  • maxanonmaxanon Montreal
    edited July 2003
    If its copyright protected, they're concerned.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    just stay off kazaa for now, it seems like they're only targetting kazaa atm. other networks have less users, but you'll still get by.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2003
    Right now, I am just using KaZaa to download TV shows that others recorded on their PC and then shared it (Such as Battlestar Galactica (233-307MB each x24) and Enterprise (397-442MB each x52))
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    Well I would say that probably 40% of my recordings are public domain (really old Arthur Rubenstein stuff)...so I guess I'm ok.:D

~FA