Graphics issue in Lego rock raiders

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited September 2004 in Gaming
I'm having trouble playing Lego rock raiders. It goes through the intro without trouble but in the first mission, and even the first training mission it goes black.

The narrator speaks about the some things but when he gets to the parts of which terrain the raiders can walk over the main window goes black, yet i can still see and click the menus in the corners of the screen. My rig can safely run UT2k4 on max settings so don't even ask me if it's fast enough. Is it perhaps too new?

Any ideas. I've got not the newest radeon drivers, not that i think it matters, but the latest directx is installed. The manual says nothing about this. I'll check their webpage now but i doub't i'll find anything.

Comments

• EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited September 2004
    Well i forgot to say yesterday that the game has 2 modes selecteble though 2 shortcuts, regular mode and extended. The same error appears in both. I've checked the site of Dice Multimedia as well as lego.com but it didn't say anything other than the ordinary. I'll install the latest catalyst later since i'm running 4.5.

Btw i just looked at the settings for the graphics board and it said something about compatibility mode. i'll try that and see what happens.
    edited September 2004
    EyesOnly wrote:
    Btw i just looked at the settings for the graphics board and it said something about compatibility mode. i'll try that and see what happens.

Tried it but it didn't work. :(

I'd better start reading up on how to install new catalyst drivers even though i doubt it will help.
    :banghead:
    edited September 2004
    I installed the newest Catalyst V4.9 and now the game is working as it should. :)

Can someone please explain to me what changed. Why would it all the sudden work. :scratch: