AdAware Question

chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
edited November 2004 in Spyware & Virus Removal
I downloaded the new version of adware...but when I try to update it with current defintions, it gives me an error message and says try again. I've tried several times...uninstalled...tried several times again. Same results.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Comments

• chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited November 2004
    I downloaded the latest definition file from their website. Deleted the old definition file sending it to the recycle box. Copied the downloaded definition file into the Adaware directory. Started up the Adaware program and it worked.

Found these instruction in the adaware forum on their site and followed them. Worked for me, so thought I'd share them here in case anyone else was having this problem with the updated adaware program.

From their forum, many have the problem and when they download the updated program, the definition file is dated in the year 2000. And many get error messages like I did when they try to use the update definition file function.

Anyway, downloading the current definition file and replacing the old file with the current seems to work. :)

Chip