Azureus: disk read thread error: disk buffer memory

edited January 2006 in Science & Tech
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what this error message was on Azureus: Error: DiskReadThread: error - Direct buffer memory. I have searched everywhere but can't find an answer to this error message. I have since then upgraded JRE to 1.5.0 update 1 b.08. Previously I had disk cache set at 300mb to reduce hd reads/writes. (system is configured with 1gb). I have ran memtest and on bios-std, it does not show error but on bios-all it shows error, but then the addresses show at 4,000 some Mb, which doesn't correspond to my configuration. Therefore I don't know if the memory is defective or if it's JRE related. After updating to the latest JRE, and setting disk cache to 256mb, I haven't noticed anything yet. Still it has been a few minutes since Azureus has been running. Any answers or solutions or thoughts is appreciated on what the problem is.

Thanks. :confused:

Comments

• edited January 2005
    Error message: Error: DiskReadThread: error - Direct buffer memory has shown up again. Apparently I may have found an answer for this, I'm not sure if thats the cause of the error messages. If there more than 7 bittorrents are opened at any given time, the error shows up. In the meantime, I have limited the number of bittorrents to no more than 7. Torrents are slow, I wish they had included an api where torrents can do load balancing using multiple internet connections ie. a router connection, a wifi, or two dual wan connections... :thumbsup::leet:
  • edited January 2006
    Hi I have the same error only with 3 torrents at max
    And the error is constant. When it happend i stop the download and start again.
    Do you have an answer yet?
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Azureus is my favorite bit-torrent client, probably the fastest. but ive never had any problems like that. i have had like 20 seeding torrents and like 14 downloading with no errors. How old is your version of azureus? but ive never had those errors so maybe someone els would be able to help... sorry
  • edited January 2006
    My version is 2.3.0.6 and is the most resent version that i could find.
    Have it installed just for a few days. And yes its fast. Before i used Bitcommet
    But that had problems with stats. And a friend of my told me that azureus was a good app. But he does not have any problems.
    The first time I noticed was after a restartafter a powersurge.
    I wondering if it could has tod with that.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Heres what I would do..................... uninstall azureus, delete the program file for it. restart your computer. go to www.sourceforge.net and search and download it there (the latest one). then go ahead and make sure ur firewalls arnt blocking it.