Folding@Home Name Question...

PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Folding@Home
I recently got my main machine folding again and I'm bringing my son's and my wife's computers into the fold as well (pun intended). I noticed that there are three folders with the name, "Preacher" although only one is active for Team 93. I've been folding with the first system for a week now and the WU seems to credit correctly to both the team and myself, but I want to be sure there isn't something I'm missing.

Is there any issue I'm disregarding with having other folders with the same name?

Thanks,
Preacher

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I'm not sure that I understand the question ...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    All people using the handle "Preacher" show up in the same stats on Stanford. If someone on, say, the Folding Frogs also used that name, they'd appear as "Preacher" turning in points for 769 (or whatever their number is).

Cliff's Note: It's probably just someone else using a duplicate handle on other teams.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    All people using the handle "Preacher" show up in the same stats on Stanford. If someone on, say, the Folding Frogs also used that name, they'd appear as "Preacher" turning in points for 769 (or whatever their number is).

Cliff's Note: It's probably just someone else using a duplicate handle on other teams.

ah you figured out the question you dawg!
    Sometimes I think you guys just keep me around to make yourselves look smarter! :scratch:;D
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    So should I change my name? From what I can see, the WUs are getting correctly credited to Team 93 and me.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited June 2005
    As long as your getting credit don't worry about it, Stanford stats show about 4 "Donuts"
    folding. :thumbsup:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Yeah, you're fine as-is. :)
    edited June 2005
    Thanks, Gents....
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    Good to see you back in business. :thumbsup:

:smokin:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Donut wrote:
    As long as your getting credit don't worry about it, Stanford stats show about 4 "Donuts"
    folding. :thumbsup:
    Then the cops show up for the midnight shift and all the donuts are gone. :D

Sorry, I cou;\ldn't help myself.;)
    edited June 2005
    Happy to be back, prof. I didn't intentionally stop folding, but during a family move and reinstalling windows I forgot to set everything up again. Now, that's rectified on 1 computer and will be on the other two shortly.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited June 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    Then the cops show up for the midnight shift and all the donuts are gone. :D

Sorry, I cou;\ldn't help myself.;)

The Donuts are supposed to be gone!
    :hiding: