1 Year Folding one year with Short Media

tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
Well it's my 1st anniversary today of folding.

I joined Short-Media on the 19th to get help with my overheating laptop and caught the folding bug almost straight away.

I never thought I'd get over a million points or be in the top 10 by this stage.

Thanks for all the fun guys - your a great crew and I love being here. :thumbsup:

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2005
    Congrats tcith, The Oz contribution to team 93 is awesome. :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Outstanding contributions for only one year. Heck, that's outstanding for any period of time! :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    WOW! one year and you're in the millionaire club, AND our #1 top producer to boot!

Thanks for being here with us, Ian.. Through the good times and the bad. Hopefully one day you'll be able to make it to one of the LANs, or (even better) I'll be able to vacation in Oz, cause I'd love to meet you :)
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited August 2005
    WOW! one year and you're in the millionaire club, AND our #1 top producer to boot!

Thanks for being here with us, Ian.. Through the good times and the bad. Hopefully one day you'll be able to make it to one of the LANs, or (even better) I'll be able to vacation in Oz, cause I'd love to meet you :)

Thankyou Prime - that's very kind and charming of you to say ... I would love to come to the LAN, but any person is happy to visit me here in Sunny Sydney, especially now I have the new house.

I have not participated in forums for many years, I use to IRC madly, founded and owned a few channels over the years, I use to participate in numerous usenet groups.

I have popped into various techie forums around the place to get info, I've then moved on once my problem was solved.

As others have mentioned there is something bizzarely unique about this forum, the lack of flaming posts, the lack of misunderstandings when people use sarcasm or other humour that does not translate well in text sometimes, the strong personalities that do not come across as arrogant or pushy.

The addiction to folding and obsessive discussion about it that is totally contagious (look at me I am a freak when it comes to folding)

The times that people have bared their souls here and discussed personal details in depth with no fear of reprisal - I know of no other forum that seems more like a family that a hap hazzard collection of netizens who stumble in here looking for a fix to some niggly computer problem and then stay.....

Thank God there is spyware and virus's, otherwise there would be less of Short-Media - I am glad to be here and I mean it whole heartedly.

thankyou all for making me smile every day
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    You have made a huge impact in your first year. We are stonger with yu with us. And I'm not talking about Folding either... our site is stronger.

Now, there is the issue of Folding.... one million in one year!!!! That is just AWESOME. :thumbsup:
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    tcith,
    congrats. Also, thanks from those of us with friends and family who've fought cancer. It's good to see the "Folding Thunder from Down Under" continues to crush WUs.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Always pleased to have you here, tcith. :cheers: Congrats on a year here, but it seems like you've always been around :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Group hug!
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Congrats tcith! It's quite the milestone.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    It's been a pleasure having you here. Congrats on your Short-Media & Folding anniversaries. :)
    :wave: :smokin:
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited August 2005
    I didn't know Cray super computers could be :

a) Be purchased for private use.
    b) Be used for folding@home.

How much does Cray cost anyways tcith, what's it like for web browsing, does it run 32bit or 64 bit XP and is your house big enough for it? ;D

Coz I don't know anyother way you'd be able to get a million points in a year.

Congratulations on a herculian effort :thumbsup::fold::fold: :smokin:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    congrats on your first year tcith! :cheers:
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited August 2005
    Kwitko wrote:
    Group hug!

http://grouphug.us ?

nws
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2005
    Congrats on one year, tcith. Its been a please to have you as a part of Team Short-Media and the Folding@Home project.
    edited August 2005
    Kwitko wrote:
    Group hug!

Is this a mantouch thing? :wtf:
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    tcith wrote:
    Is this a mantouch thing? :wtf:
    A group hug by its very nature is platonic. :cheers:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    True, but I still don't like them, unless it's my family. :shakehead
    edited August 2005
    Heheh I just realised I derailed my own thread :D