lanparty ut 915p-t12

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
Hey guys! Working on my pal's PC and I'm having some issues with memory. Upon hitting the power switch the led post sequence starts running through its various diagnostics and it gets hung on the "test memory" section. The splash screen is there and it just sit there. I have waited for it to finish about 5 min, do I just need to wait longer? Is it running something like a biult in memtest? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2005
    Trickster,

Can you give us a little more to work with please? What does the splash screen say or is it just a logo screen? Look carefully for any fine-print information that might be in a corner. What memory details can you give us (amount, how many boards, brand, timings)? Did this happen after you might have set-up the BIOS? Are you building, upgrading or fixing the machine?

And, of course you can let it run longer. Depending on the memory test, amount of memory and system bus setting it might take a while- hour or two range (?). Generally, we can't respond in 5 minutes anyhow. :)

As it is you might try to recheck your connections and try reseating all the cards including the memory. Generally, though, if it is a memory installation issue, the mobo will squeal or beep at you- but I'm not familiar with Lanpartys.

If you still have a problem and have a known working memory card, you might try that too. Are you able to get into the BIOS at all? You might try to reset the BIOS.

Hope you get this figured soon :thumbsup:
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Called DFI! Turns out the prescott 2.8 lg775 isnt supported by default in the bios... So they are sending us a new chip.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2005
    Haha! Glad you got it figured. Actually have been running into something like this more and more lately- but with the Athalon 64 X2 cores. Well, I've now been served notice that Intel is piling on :eek:

Have fun!