Acrylic cases

NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
edited January 2006 in Hardware
How do you guys feel about acrylic cases? Like them, don't like them?

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited January 2006
    There an insulator and trap the heat in therefore there evil :).
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited January 2006
    I've been looking at them and thinking about getting one...Heats never been a problem for me. My 3000+ winnie never goes above 34*C with only the stock Heatsink/fan and no other cooling source in the case.
  • edited January 2006
    They scratch easy, they're not exactly the sturdiest thing out there and they look like heck unless you get totally anal on the wiring.

That said I'm ok with them as long as it's someone elses and not mine. Oh, and did I mention that there's no EMI shielding and no ground?

But, hey, if you like them by all means don't let me talk you out of it...
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2006
    they show dust, alot. they dont really scretch easily, at least mine didnt, its not exactly square unless all of the side pannels are on, otherwise its got a slight lean to it based on if the front weights more or the back. there is no where to hide cables. but on the other hand, they look bad ass. especially if its UV reactive like mine was
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    if its done right they look really nice, but if your sloppy with wires and lighting it can look like garbage pretty easy. go for it, i wanna see what you do.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited January 2006
    I think i might. Hopefully i'll be ordering this next friday!
    edited January 2006
    get some wire to mod psu wires to custom lengths and to run them along the corners and make it look pretty, bad thing about acrylic is you can see everything. your maken me wanna do a acrylic computer now... sheesh.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I've always wanted to do this! I'm such a neatfreak though, it would take me days to arrange the wiring to my satisfaction.
    edited January 2006
    well, yall have seen the pics of my case.. nuf said..

Picture008800600.jpg
    edited January 2006
    t would take me days to arrange the wiring to my satisfaction
    Case in point - the above post. (pardon the pun)

Armo, no offense. You are fortunate that you aren't the perfectionist that I am. It can be a real drag.
    edited January 2006
    well not a got a case with non see through sides :) still looks like hell but its hiden this time ;)
    edited January 2006
    All my computers at home are housed in windowed cases. That's easier than acrylic though, as you can still tuck some of the wiring behind the drive cages and at the case roof. I will try an acrylic case some day. I just fine them fascinating.
    edited January 2006
    imo, the only way your are gunna get a good clean look in an acrylic case is if you do all custom wiring, all ran in nice lines. get some of those wire clamps with the sticky pads on um, to hold stuff in place.